Federal Tax Increase on Cigarettes

It is cheaper to be stoner than a smoker.

Trust me on this, I know of what I speak.

Smoking doesn't inhibit what I do NEARLY as much as if I tried to do it stoned.

Not that that's relevant to the point upon which you commented, but if you're a NON SMOKER cigarettes surely will effect you more than hemp.

Nicotine, reacts on those who are not habituated to it far more powerful than THC does.

It is a much much more powerful drug than THC.

if you doubt that eat a cigarette and you'll end up in the hospital.

Then eat joint and see if you don't end up in the kitchen looking for something to eat.

Until they make it legal it might be cheaper, but once legalized it will be a huge SIN and TAX gift to the government....be careful for what some wish for.... :eusa_whistle:

you know our government and you know they will probably soon legalize this stuff so they can have another sin tax means.

The government trying to collect sin taxes and luxury taxes for that matter, are just wrong imo.

And especially wrong on cigarettes because cigarettes are an addictive product that one can not quit so easily.

my father smoked for about 30 years before the first time he quit, that lasted for about 3 years but in a cheating way, he went to smoking a pipe....occasionally....then he went back to sneaking cigarette smokes when he went out to run errands, and then back full fledged again and then he quit again, but went to an occasional cigarillo .....then back to sneaking cigs when out running errands back to smoking again...then finally, after smoking 45 years...about 10 years ago, he stayed on the wagon with his cigs except maybe for a month period....he's now in his 70's and can finally say, that he "beat it"....it took decades for him, but he did it, FINALLY.

What tax was put on to cigs did not make one iota of a difference to him...it did not help him quit....he took A LOT of determination on his part....he would have paid anything for his cigarettes...they were an addiction.

Some people have it easier to quit, some people don't...it is an addiction none the less and it is being preyed upon by our government imo.

care

I disagree editec, if it weren't for the fact that one of my roommates is always fully stocked, I'd say I'd spend about 30% more on pot per day than on cigarettes.

Which sucks! I really gotta get my habits straightened out. ASOIDIHPSDoIHDSa

hydro is 120 a quarter here...

high level

mid level hydro is 100

commerical is 80

oz prices are not that great a deal right now

Yeah I am familiar with prices of hemp.

But few people are smoking by weight the same amount as the average tobacco smoker typically smokes.

I know of no one who smokes an OZ of hemp per day, do you?

But that is roguhly what the average cigarette smokers burns a day.

That's because cigareets are addictive.

Every cig you smoke reinforces you desire for the next one,

Hemp has no such addictive property.

they're in no way the same class of drug.

Comparing their psychoactivity is pointless.

I disagree editec, if it weren't for the fact that one of my roommates is always fully stocked, I'd say I'd spend about 30% more on pot per day than on cigarettes.

Which sucks! I really gotta get my habits straightened out. ASOIDIHPSDoIHDSa

The average cigarette smoker smokes about a pack a day.

How much help do you suppose the average stoner smokes?

A OZ a month? Face it, that's a fairly serious stoner, too.

And what's a OZ of merch cost? Even here in Maine it's only about $200.

In places in the mid west I'm informed it's about $40 a oz.

There's no comparison to $7 or $8 a day or the $11 or $12 it will be with the next taxes on tobacco.

For most stoners ..even daily stoners, smoking hemp will be cheaper than your average cigarette addiction.

Oh, well, yeah, you're right when buying in large quantities... We've got the bad habit of acquiring it day-to-day instead of having one big pile, just because of location issues. And it's also a bit more expensive, since we're in the middle of a 3.5 million-people city. ASIDhSAPIOHDoPIUsd.

likewise--that Njoy package looks promising
My friend is a 48-state trucker. He's smoked all his adult life, he's in his mid 30s now. He absolutely swears by the njoy system. Myself, I am going to try it as well when I am ready to quit, I believe it would make an excellent pacifier for weaning off nicotine.

He says he hits the njoy 3-4 times a day, just a couple of puffs each time, and his cravings are gone. He says he can't calculate the money this has saved. And he feels better, his cough is gone, he's actually losing weight (figure that) and he can hit the njoy anywhere smoking is not allowed! It puts out only water vapor!

My understanding is that it isn't the nicotine that is damaging (it's the addiction part though), it's all the chemicals they put into ciggies. It's the delivery method (smoking) that does all the damage.

Smoking doesn't inhibit what I do NEARLY as much as if I tried to do it stoned.

Not that that's relevant to the point upon which you commented, but if you're a NON SMOKER cigarettes surely will effect you more than hemp.

Nicotine, reacts on those who are not habituated to it far more powerful than THC does.

It is a much much more powerful drug than THC.

if you doubt that eat a cigarette and you'll end up in the hospital.

Then eat joint and see if you don't end up in the kitchen looking for something to eat.

So a surgeon doing bypass surgery while stoned is more competant than if he were a cigarette smoker ?

Forum List

Back