Federal Sentencing Guidelines and Roger Stone 7-9 Yrs

Well in that case, the Coup plotters and backers should get the death penalty
It's not about how much should he get, it's about what Congress has determined the offense level to be. You would have to look up the US sentencing guidelines for that particular offense.

It would be completely illegal for Congress to try to mandate sentence minimums.
For example, a person can commit a crime without any intent at all.
Something should not be illegal at all because no harm is done to others, like the War on Drugs or Prohibition.

Being a friend of the President sure does help get a lighter sentence huh?

It seems the GOP members of this board are uninformed about Federal Sentencing guidelines and how sentences are determined. Luckily I will explain and inform all of these people, as I am used to explaining simple concepts of our government to Trump supporters.

Federal sentences are very "cookie cutter" with the ranges determined by a graph like table shown here:

2018 Chapter 5

This is determined by Congress, and the punishments for all the crimes are determined by Congress, with the GOP party having a history of advocating for longer prison sentences. This was done to bring more transparency and uniformity to sentencing. A base numerical value is given to a particular crime (determined by Congress). As an example if you get caught with 5 kgs of cocaine you get x offense level, if you get caught defrauding somebody out of $5 Million you get y offense level, and if you get caught lying to congress or investigators you get z offense level.

Then they also have enhancements, if you use a gun in your crime you get an enhancement, if you THREATEN a witness, like Stone did, you get an enhancement.

Then if you plead guilty to your crime you get 3 points off you offense level, if you go to trial and lose, like Stone, you do not get the -3. It's not fair, because it punishes you for going to trial, but it is the law that was determined by Congress.

When the prosecutors come up with the 7-9 years for Stone they just simply add up his offense level which appears to be a level 29 (if his criminal history is 1).

Basically the Trumpers just realized something that a lot of Americans already knew, Federal sentencing guidelines are too harsh. This is why we have such a large number of people in prison. Plenty of Americans have been saying this for a long time, now the Trumpers finally find out about it, and they cry like little pussy ass bitches. WAAAAAA WAAAAAA mommy why are they trying to send him to prison for 9 yrs. Any other person in this situation would get the same sentencing recommendation, if you don't like it, tell the GOP to not make the sentences so harsh.

This has all been determined by Congress, with the GOP leading the way for harsher sentences. Any other person in this same situation would be facing the same 7-9 years. Funny how Trumpers only cry when Trump and Foxnews tells them to cry. Sheep...

How the Federal Sentencing Guidelines Work: An Overview
For a first-time offender?!?

View attachment 306736
Did you even read my post?? Seems like you didn't with that comment.

Congress sets those sentencing guidelines, the prosecutors recommendation comes right from the offense level that Congress made.

If any other person that did this same crime would have this same sentencing recommendation.

I cannot find a Federal charge on collusion.

Me neither. What about working with the Russians to steal the election?
According to Trumpers, that's OK.

According to Trumpers, that's OK.

That's not ok, it's fantasy.

Mueller investigated Russian interference with the election.

Did they interfere? Did Stone help them?
According to all major intelligence services in this county and the house and senate intelligence committees, yes, the Russians interfered in the 2016 elections in support of Trump. Stone just coordinated the release of information stolen by the Russians, released by wikileaks. Trumpers think nothing wrong with that. If that Dumbass Stone had just told the truth, I am sure he would have been OK, except for witness tampering. But he chose to lie like a trumper, not because he needed to (he could have taken the 5th), but just because lying comes more natural to trumpers than truth.

the Russians interfered in the 2016 elections in support of Trump.

Yes, those Facebook memes were very serious!
Did they trick you into voting for Trump?
How many of your friends did they trick?

Stone just coordinated the release of information stolen by the Russians

What was the charge that refers to your claim?
Looks like he had nothing to lie about doesn't it. He just lied like a rug because that is the was trumpers are. Nobody knows why. They just are.
DING DING DING

We have a winner. You said it perfectly.

Trumpers lie about everything. Trump lies about everything. Every Trump supporter on this message board lies about everything. These people live in a world of lies and fake news because it is easier to live a lie than accept the truth.

All Stone had to do was 1) say nothing 2) tell the truth, but he didn't he lied like an idiot and now he is going to jail for it.

The big problem is a Trumpers first response to anything is to just tell a lie, and Stone got caught doing that and now he has to pay the price.

It seems the GOP members of this board are uninformed about Federal Sentencing guidelines and how sentences are determined. Luckily I will explain and inform all of these people, as I am used to explaining simple concepts of our government to Trump supporters.

Federal sentences are very "cookie cutter" with the ranges determined by a graph like table shown here:

2018 Chapter 5

This is determined by Congress, and the punishments for all the crimes are determined by Congress, with the GOP party having a history of advocating for longer prison sentences. This was done to bring more transparency and uniformity to sentencing. A base numerical value is given to a particular crime (determined by Congress). As an example if you get caught with 5 kgs of cocaine you get x offense level, if you get caught defrauding somebody out of $5 Million you get y offense level, and if you get caught lying to congress or investigators you get z offense level.

Then they also have enhancements, if you use a gun in your crime you get an enhancement, if you THREATEN a witness, like Stone did, you get an enhancement.

Then if you plead guilty to your crime you get 3 points off you offense level, if you go to trial and lose, like Stone, you do not get the -3. It's not fair, because it punishes you for going to trial, but it is the law that was determined by Congress.

When the prosecutors come up with the 7-9 years for Stone they just simply add up his offense level which appears to be a level 29 (if his criminal history is 1).

Basically the Trumpers just realized something that a lot of Americans already knew, Federal sentencing guidelines are too harsh. This is why we have such a large number of people in prison. Plenty of Americans have been saying this for a long time, now the Trumpers finally find out about it, and they cry like little pussy ass bitches. WAAAAAA WAAAAAA mommy why are they trying to send him to prison for 9 yrs. Any other person in this situation would get the same sentencing recommendation, if you don't like it, tell the GOP to not make the sentences so harsh.

This has all been determined by Congress, with the GOP leading the way for harsher sentences. Any other person in this same situation would be facing the same 7-9 years. Funny how Trumpers only cry when Trump and Foxnews tells them to cry. Sheep...

It is totally and completely illegal to mandate minimums by legislation.
The only thing you legally mandate is a ceiling or maximum.
That is because the Rule of Law requires that you be individually judged according to what you actually did, and that has to take into account mitigating circumstances like degree, intent, recklessness, and harm to others.
If you had no intent and harmed no one, then you can not be sentenced at all.
The law is the law, not what legislators attempt to put into statutes.
Huh??

The law is set by the US government, they make the law. They say if you lie to Congress and threaten a witness you can get 7-9 years. That is the rule of law in the US.

2018 Chapter 5

I bet you a thousand bucks he doesn't get 9 years
I never said he would, or should. I'm just informing you how they came up with the 9 years. There is no partisan political conspiracy here. Any other American that did what Stone did would have the same sentencing recommendation. This is how the US federal sentencing guidelines work. I find it funny that all of a sudden Trump supporters realize something that a lot of other people have realized long ago, Federal sentencing guidelines are way too harsh.

2018 Chapter 5

I never said he would, or should. I'm just informing you how they came up with the 9 years. There is no partisan political conspiracy here. Any other American that did what Stone did would have the same sentencing recommendation. This is how the US federal sentencing guidelines work. I find it funny that all of a sudden Trump supporters realize something that a lot of other people have realized long ago, Federal sentencing guidelines are way too harsh.
Plenty of people commit process crimes and never get charged or see a single day in jail.

OP is full of shit. Stone should have gotten 2-4 at worst.

What should HIllary get for having hundreds of classified documents on an unsecured server? A max sentence for each document?

2018 Chapter 5

Plenty of people commit process crimes and never get charged or see a single day in jail.
Very few people lie to Congress, then threaten a witness and don't get charged, this is standard operating procedure.

The problem here is that Trump tells 5 lies a day, Trump supporters lie about everything, so lying is second nature to Trumpers. All Stone had to do was tell the truth, or say nothing at all and he would be fine. Instead he did what every Trumper does and lied. Lying is so prevalent in the GOP that you think lying is OK. Now you see that lying gets you in big trouble sometimes.

The message here is... stop fucking lying over everything, which we know Trumpers can't do.

Sometimes it's just easier to live a lie then accept reality.

What should HIllary get for having hundreds of classified documents on an unsecured server? A max sentence for each document?
Huh, did you even read the OP? Obviously you didn't.

The sentencing recommendation comes from the Federal sentencing guideline. This was made by Congress, and has nothing to do with politics. So if you have a problem with it, talk to all the GOP congressmen that created these guidelines.
Any other person that did what Stone did would have the same sentencing guideline...

Seeing how The independent IG, and Trump's own DOJ found that HRC didn't commit a crime, HRC didn't even get charged, let a lone lose at trial like Stone did, so Hillary gets no prison time... Facts are kryptonite to a Trumper.

The problem here is that Trumpers lie over everything, you can't tell the truth at all even when testifying before Congress. Lying is 2nd nature to a Trump supporter, and now it has gotten Stone in serious trouble. That idiot should have just 1) not lied 2) said nothing. Don't do the crime, then cry like a little bitch when you get caught...

I know you lefties are very concerned about Stone potentially walking the streets. He is a menace to society, I know.

Can someone explain to me why there should not be a mistrial due to a juror being a rabid Trump hater who ran for office as a Democrat?

2018 Chapter 5

Very few people lie to Congress, then threaten a witness and don't get charged, this is standard operating procedure.

The problem here is that Trump tells 5 lies a day, Trump supporters lie about everything, so lying is second nature to Trumpers. All Stone had to do was tell the truth, or say nothing at all and he would be fine. Instead he did what every Trumper does and lied. Lying is so prevalent in the GOP that you think lying is OK. Now you see that lying gets you in big trouble sometimes.

The message here is... stop fucking lying over everything, which we know Trumpers can't do.

9 years is abusive. There are murderers, child porn and rapists who get less time.

The sentencing recommendation comes from the Federal sentencing guideline. This was made by Congress, and has nothing to do with politics. So if you have a problem with it, talk to all the GOP congressmen that created these guidelines.
Any other person that did what Stone did would have the same sentencing guideline...

Seeing how The independent IG, and Trump's own DOJ found that HRC didn't commit a crime, HRC didn't even get charged, let a lone lose at trial like Stone did, so Hillary gets no prison time... Facts are kryptonite to a Trumper.

The problem here is that Trumpers lie over everything, you can't tell the truth at all even when testifying before Congress. Lying is 2nd nature to a Trump supporter, and now it has gotten Stone in serious trouble. That idiot should have just 1) not lied 2) said nothing. Don't do the crime, then cry like a little bitch when you get caught...

It’s bullshit. I don’t GAF what the combined guidelines say. There are 20 questions a judge answers when delivering a sentence. Stone fell into the 2-4 range.

Someone can get a year in prison for less than 20 grams of weed. It doesn’t mean someone who has .05 grams on the floor of their car should go to prison for a year....yet those are the sentencing guidelines.

If you think Stone should have been in prison for 9 years, you should kill yourself.

I know you lefties are very concerned about Stone potentially walking the streets. He is a menace to society, I know.

Can someone explain to me why there should not be a mistrial due to a juror being a rabid Trump hater who ran for office as a Democrat?
Again Stone committed a crime, he should have just not lied and he would be fine- but lying is 2nd nature to Trumpers you people have to lie, you can't tell the truth ever. There are thousands of people that have done what Stone did and they all go to jail. You want Stone to get special treatment just because you are a partisan hack.

There is no mistrial because your claim is another lie, and the are 11 other jurors that all found him guilty. Oh and there is this little thing called evidence that also says Stone is guilty. I know you hate facts, but that is how the world works. deal with it.

2018 Chapter 5

View attachment 306736

Congress sets those sentencing guidelines, the prosecutors recommendation comes right from the offense level that Congress made.

If any other person that did this same crime would have this same sentencing recommendation.
Bullshit.

2018 Chapter 5

9 years is abusive. There are murderers, child porn and rapists who get less time.
Again the sentencing recommendation is set by Congress. So go tell your Congress person to lower them. Any other person that did what Stone did would be facing the same sentencing recommendation.

It’s bullshit. I don’t GAF what the combined guidelines say. There are 20 questions a judge answers when delivering a sentence. Stone fell into the 2-4 range.

Someone can get a year in prison for less than 20 grams of weed. It doesn’t mean someone who has .05 grams on the floor of their car should go to prison for a year....yet those are the sentencing guidelines.

If you think Stone should have been in prison for 9 years, you should kill yourself.
Stone didn't even get sentenced yet, this is his sentencing recommendation based on the guideline set forth by Congress. I think you are having a problem differentiating between a sentence and a sentencing guideline...

The prosecutors told Barr they were going to recommend a different sentence.

If Stone got 9 years for a process crime, Trump would be compelled to commute the Draconian sentence.

This was nothing but a bullshit impeachment trap. Fuck the left.

2018 Chapter 5

View attachment 306736

Bullshit.
I know the facts are kryptonite to a republican, but this is how the world works. You just don't like it and would rather live in your alternate reality.

2018 Chapter 5

View attachment 306736

Bullshit.
I know the facts are kryptonite to a republican, but this is how the world works. You just don't like it and would rather live in your alternate reality.
I'm not a republican, shitheel.

And the prosecutors and judge can decide whether to go by the guidelines or not....It's called "discretion"...They threw the book at Stone -a first time offender- because they and you are fucking hacks.

Forum List

Back