Federal Reserve Bank of New York Economist: Affordable Care Act Is Working

I don't care to believe people whom make the 1% even richer while making the middle class and poor worse off... See, I'm not a progressive liberal.

Obamacare is working if you discard every single benchmark it once set for itself, then it's a raging success!

I don't care to believe people whom make the 1% even richer while making the middle class and poor worse off... See, I'm not a progressive liberal.

That's good. Because the number of people in the second category who now have access to health insurance is considerably greater than it was.

Now, if your side would just stop being so willing to pay the Waltons' taxes for them, you'd be more convincing on the first part.

You do realize that the Employer Mandate has not kicked in yet don't you?
2015 Brings ObamaCare Employer Mandate | FreedomWorks

For most businesses the new year will ring in the ObamaCare employer mandate that was delayed in 2013.

Starting in 2015, businesses that employ more than 100 full-time workers will be required to offer the health care coverage mandated by the government for 70 percent of its workers or face a penalty of $2,000 per employee. In 2016, these businesses must cover 95 percent of its employees.

Small businesses that employ 50 to 99 full-time workers get one more year before they must meet the health insurance coverage requirements of the federal government or be forced to pay the penalty.

Businesses that employ less than 50 workers are exempt from the requirements of the Affordable Care Act.​

Obamacare is working if you discard every single benchmark it once set for itself, then it's a raging success!
Employers with less than 25 FTE with average annual wages of less than $50,000 qualify for employer tax credits through ObamaCare’s SHOP. Those with 10 or less FTE with average annual wages of less than $20,000 qualify for the full credit of up to 50% of their share of employer premiums. To be eligible for a tax credit, the employer must contribute at least 50% of the total premium cost or 50% of a benchmark premium (second lowest cost Silver Plan in your state’s Marketplace).
SHOP Exchange: Small Business Health Options Program

That's good. Because the number of people in the second category who now have access to health insurance is considerably greater than it was.

Now, if your side would just stop being so willing to pay the Waltons' taxes for them, you'd be more convincing on the first part.

As has been pointed out repeatedly.....

Having health insurance <> Getting health care.

Health insurance can be as useless as a car without a motor if it is too expensive to utilize.

Let's see how well it goes when everyone finds out they have any extra tax form to fill out this year to prove they have health insurance.

Let's see how well it goes when everyone finds out they have any extra tax form to fill out this year to prove they have health insurance.

Know people who are riding the edge financially who are so looking forward to that penalty.

What's sad and telling is that there are many on the right who want to see the ACA 'fail,' see Americans go without access to affordable healthcare, and watch Americans needlessly suffer for purely partisan reasons, their unwarranted contempt for the president chief among them.

Just as telling is republicans offer nothing to replace the ACA they seek to 'repeal,' their 'plan' is to go back to the bad old days when millions of Americans would be forced to go without access to affordable healthcare, without access to routine preventive care, denied health insurance coverage due to preexisting conditions, and subject to ever-increasing healthcare costs.

What's sad and telling is that there are many on the right who want to see the ACA 'fail,' see Americans go without access to affordable healthcare, and watch Americans needlessly suffer for purely partisan reasons, their unwarranted contempt for the president chief among them.

Just as telling is republicans offer nothing to replace the ACA they seek to 'repeal,' their 'plan' is to go back to the bad old days when millions of Americans would be forced to go without access to affordable healthcare, without access to routine preventive care, denied health insurance coverage due to preexisting conditions, and subject to ever-increasing healthcare costs.

Thanks for the fairy tale.

It's always good to end the day on a laugh.

The Dem's designed it for failure so that they can implement Universal Health Care.
How about doing some research on the private, truly free health care clinics for low income people?
They are working out very well.

How about doing some research on the private, truly free health care clinics for low income people?

There's a thread about free health clinics in the other forum. Y'all seem to think they perform surgery and provide cancer treatment.

Y'all also assume there's one in every town.

Remarkable.

There's a thread about free health clinics in the other forum. Y'all seem to think they perform surgery and provide cancer treatment.

Remarkable.

NO we don't
Medicare takes care of the surgery and cancer treatments.

There could be plenty in every town if you conduct Medical like any other free market system.

Remarkable.

NO we don't

There could be plenty in every town if you conduct Medical like any other free market system.

Medicare is for people over 65. Did you mean Medicaid? Medicaid also covers kidney dialysis.

Many state legislators refused the Medicaid expansion made possible under the PPACA, and their citizens are suffering for it. Some of those free clinics have had to shut down because of this.

Remarkable.

NO we don't

Medicare is for people over 65. Did you mean Medicaid? Medicaid also covers kidney dialysis.

Many state legislators refused the Medicaid expansion made possible under the PPACA, and their citizens are suffering for it. Some of those free clinics have had to shut down because of this.

Sorry yes I meant Medicaid, but also I meant for Seniors ,who have Medicare and could also go to free market clinics.
If it was structured to make it more efficient then we could expand it. Right now we are paying too much in fraud and abuse.

Remarkable.

NO we don't

Sorry yes I meant Medicaid, but also I meant for Seniors ,who have Medicare and could also go to free market clinics.
If it was structured to make it more efficient then we could expand it. Right now we are paying too much in fraud and abuse.

And free or sliding scale clinics are great for minor treatments, but there's no way they could be expanded to full-service medical centers...except possibly under single payer.

Forum List

Back