Federal judge rules Maryland gun permit law unconstitutional

Federal Judge Rules Maryland Gun Permit Law Unconstitutional | Fox News

In an opinion filed Monday, U.S. District Judge Benson Everett Legg says a requirement that residents show a "good and substantial reason" to carry a handgun infringes their Second Amendment right to bear arms. He says it isn't sufficiently tailored to the state's public safety interests.

2nd amendment rules!
Totally agree. I just this morning returned from a trip to the probate court office to get my firearms license. On the way they, I wondered if I would be asked "why". I wasn't. Had I been, I likely would have responded, "because I want to bear arms and the Constitution says I have a right to do so". I had to pay $75 for the cost of the card and the finger printing, but I didn't expect it to be free.

God damn these activist judges legislating from the bench! So much for states rights! This bastard needs a lesson in the Tenth Amendment.

Last edited:
God damn these activist judges legislating from the bench! So much for states rights! This bastard needs a lesson in the Tenth Amendment.

:confused:

The state of Maryland decided it did not like gun owners and could discriminate against them. It is entirely within a state's right to do so. The people decided that is what they wanted. This bastard judge is violating the 10th Amendment.

Wow, not used to such common sense coming from our Courts. This is definitely one to celebrate. Score one for Freedom & Liberty.

The state of Maryland decided it did not like gun owners and could discriminate against them. It is entirely within a state's right to do so. The people decided that is what they wanted. This bastard judge is violating the 10th Amendment.

A... you're obviously being sarcastic
B... Constitution trumps states rights

A...Obviously. :tongue: (I have a concealed carry permit myself)
B...This concept evades some people at convenient moments.

By the way, I like the Tardis. I am a big Dr. Who fan.

Mine allows concealed or open carry...and multiple weapons.

LOL. My 11 yr old just got into shooting 22's at scouts. He now owns a vintage Marlin 80 bolt action single-sot from the 30's (was my late uncles). I'm still a better shot with it, but he's only had it out once or twice so far.

Dr. Who rocks.

LOL. My 11 yr old just got into shooting 22's at scouts. He now owns a vintage Marlin 80 bolt action single-sot from the 30's (was my late uncles). I'm still a better shot with it, but he's only had it out once or twice so far.

Dr. Who rocks.
My brother got my 4year old son a Red Ryder Bee Bee gun this year for Christmas, I almost shot my brother with it.

I think it is great to teach your children gun safety, and I support the NRA, for one my brothers took classes through the NRA as children. My son will not using the bee bee gun until he is 30 though. :D

I see what you did there. :lol:

How do they need a lesson in the Tenth amendment by upholding the Second?

Dr. Who rocks.
My brother got my 4year old son a Red Ryder Bee Bee gun this year for Christmas, I almost shot my brother with it.

I think it is great to teach your children gun safety, and I support the NRA, for one my brothers took classes through the NRA as children. My son will not using the bee bee gun until he is 30 though. :D

I hear ya... that's about when my daughter will be allowed to date ;)

Please tell me I'm being poed.

Now they need to start recognizing my Virginia CHP. It would be nice to visit Maryland legally.

Forum List

Back