Federal Judge Rips Into Obama Regime’s Lawsuit Against Arizona…

PHOENIX — A federal judge pushed back Thursday against a contention by the Obama Justice Department that a tough new Arizona immigration law set to take effect next week would cause “irreparable harm” and intrude into federal immigration enforcement.
“Why can’t Arizona be as inhospitable as they wish to people who have entered or remained in the United States?” U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton asked in a pointed exchange with Deputy Solicitor General Edwin S. Kneedler. Her comment came during a rare federal court hearing in the Justice Department’s lawsuit against Arizona and Gov. Jan Brewer (R).
Bolton, a Democratic appointee, also questioned a core part of the Justice Department’s argument that she should declare the law unconstitutional: that it is “preempted” by federal law because immigration enforcement is an exclusive federal prerogative.
“How is there a preemption issue?” the judge asked. “I understand there may be other issues, but you’re arguing preemption. Where is the preemption if everybody who is arrested for some crime has their immigration status checked?”
Rest here>>>

Throughout the hearing, Judge Bolton fired a flurry of questions and comments that hinted at her thought process. At one point she asked Mr. Kneedler why Arizona cannot be as inhospitable as it wants toward those who enter the US illegally. And to Bouma she pointed out that the removal process of someone with illegal status is a “complex, highly litigated determination” that a federal immigration judge makes.

are backers prematurely hopefull...

I bet will go along way in her re election campaign

She is a Democrat Appointee ASSHAT

Doesn't mean she's a Democrat. Clinton was a Centrist, she could be an extreme right wingnut for all you know.

Bullshit. Completely absurd.

Ridiculous of you to say something that silly.

Bubba was not a centrist. He was a left wing hack.

And any appointee emanating from his desk was absolutely going to also be a liberal Democrat.

EDIT: In fairness, there actually does appear to have been some wheeling and dealing and horse-trading efforts that motivated a few of Bubba's nominations, however.

Last edited:

Doesn't mean she's a Democrat. Clinton was a Centrist, she could be an extreme right wingnut for all you know.

And any appointee emanating from his desk was absolutely going to also be a liberal Democrat.

EDIT: In fairness, there actually does appear to have been some wheeling and dealing and horse-trading efforts that motivated a few of Bubba's nominations, however.
what sarahyg likely meant was after the GOP took over both houses of congress he had no choice but to moderate his liberal views, or get NOTHING done
he DID move towards the center after that
but to think he would nominate a right wing extremist to the bench is fantasy at best

what sarahyg likely meant was after the GOP took over both houses of congress he had no choice but to moderate his liberal views, or get NOTHING done
he DID move towards the center after that
but to think he would nominate a right wing extremist to the bench is fantasy at best

Yeah. That would be more accurate, so I harbor doubt that this is what she meant.

Maybe she can share with us all her proof. Which right wing extremist, exactly, did Bubba ever nominate? Oh, and how does she define that rather meaningless term anyway?

One would think that the Feds would be happy for the help.

It's all about the vote sir

And that is what I do not understand. It seems that most of our voters want the border closed, and appear to be against amnesty. But then again, I could be wrong.

I suspect that most voters in border states want the borders closed, but the illegal Mexican immigration has become so dispersed that many of the other states are now favoring it as well. Politicians have managed to make it a "human rights" issue, rather than the legal issue it is, and are ignoring the rights of US citizens and favoring the votes they can get from minorities. They have made it appear to be a race issue, when in reality they are ignoring their own mandate to protect our borders. Now, it is becoming a danger zone, and this seems to be the only thing that is getting their attention. I trend heavily libertarian, and disagree with many of my libertarian bretheren on this issue, but I tend to support the rights of Americans over the rights of illegal "anythings" first and foremost. Mexico is a disaster area, and is becoming more so, but it is a problem that Mexico itself must fix. We can't save ourselves these days, much less them.

Has anyone seen TM on any thread since she posted this? I mean I don't think this was the absolutely last thing she posted on that session, but I haven't seen her at all since this.

Has anyone seen TM on any thread since she posted this? I mean I don't think this was the absolutely last thing she posted on that session, but I haven't seen her at all since this.

If you had said it, wouldn't you have disappeared for a few days and hoped the whole thing blew over? :lol:

If you had said it, wouldn't you have disappeared for a few days and hoped the whole thing blew over? :lol:

I would have apologized, admitted my mistake, and moved on to the next topic.

But alas, not everyone is me. Then again, thank God not everyone is me! lol

I would have apologized, admitted my mistake, and moved on to the next topic.

But alas, not everyone is me. Then again, thank God not everyone is me! lol
yes, but then you are a conservative
and then some asshole would have made several threads pointing out your mistake

LOL

PHOENIX — A federal judge pushed back Thursday against a contention by the Obama Justice Department that a tough new Arizona immigration law set to take effect next week would cause “irreparable harm” and intrude into federal immigration enforcement.
“Why can’t Arizona be as inhospitable as they wish to people who have entered or remained in the United States?” U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton asked in a pointed exchange with Deputy Solicitor General Edwin S. Kneedler. Her comment came during a rare federal court hearing in the Justice Department’s lawsuit against Arizona and Gov. Jan Brewer (R).
Bolton, a Democratic appointee, also questioned a core part of the Justice Department’s argument that she should declare the law unconstitutional: that it is “preempted” by federal law because immigration enforcement is an exclusive federal prerogative.
“How is there a preemption issue?” the judge asked. “I understand there may be other issues, but you’re arguing preemption. Where is the preemption if everybody who is arrested for some crime has their immigration status checked?”
Rest here>>>

you understand that the judge's questioning has nothing to do with what the ultimate decision is going to be.

it doesn't mean it will.. it doesn't mean it won't.

so don't go tearing your underwear over it yet. mmmmkay?

You say the same thing about me, doesn't make it true Liability. A Liberal Democratic appointee was likely the result of consult with his wife who was at the time very Liberal.

She has since changed her wicked ways since her run for the presidency. Bill is still Centrist, he endorsed Blanche Lincoln. He also supported Lieberman.

You say the same thing about me, doesn't make it true Liability. A Liberal Democratic appointee was likely the result of consult with his wife who was at the time very Liberal.

She has since changed her wicked ways since her run for the presidency. Bill is still Centrist, he endorsed Blanche Lincoln. He also supported Lieberman.
uh, neither of those two are centerists
but yes, we know that voting the DNC party line 90% of the time wasn't enough for Joe Lieberman to stay a democrat

uh, neither of those two are centerists
but yes, we know that voting the DNC party line 90% of the time wasn't enough for Joe Lieberman to stay a democrat

bill was always a centrist. he was part of the democratic leadership committee. what he wasn't, was a rightwinger. hillary became more centrist when she ran for the presidency.

Forum List

Back