Federal judge refuses to block most of Alabama immigration law

I must not be reading into my comment what you seem to be..I am clearly not a mind reader...evidently you are..yes, my comments tend to get snarky on occasion...

nothing wrong with my comment..lots of folks

drink coca cola..few realize that it uses coca leaves.

Not true. Coca Cola NO LONGER uses coca leaves.

As coca cola was a medicine in the 1800s it used a trace amount of coca which was normal for the time. No longer.

snopes.com: Cocaine in Coca-Cola

and you are wrong...

Pemberton called for five ounces of coca leaf per gallon of syrup, a significant dose; in 1891, Candler claimed his formula (altered extensively from Pemberton's original) contained only a tenth of this amount. Coca-Cola did once contain an estimated nine milligrams of cocaine per glass, but in 1903 it was removed.[27] Coca-Cola still contains coca flavoring.
After 1904, instead of using fresh leaves, Coca-Cola started using "spent" leaves — the leftovers of the cocaine-extraction process with cocaine trace levels left over at a molecular level.[28] To this day, Coca-Cola uses as an ingredient a cocaine-free coca leaf extract prepared at a Stepan Company plant in Maywood, New Jersey.
In the United States, the Stepan Company is the only manufacturing plant authorized by the Federal Government to import and process the coca plant,[29] which it obtains mainly from Peru and, to a lesser extent, Bolivia. Besides producing the coca flavoring agent for Coca-Cola, the Stepan Company extracts cocaine from the coca leaves, which it sells to Mallinckrodt, a St. Louis, Missouri pharmaceutical manufacturer that is the only company in the United States licensed to purify cocaine for medicinal use.[30]

How Coca-Cola Obtains Its Coca - NYTimes.com

I don't think so.

Is coca plants with no trace of coca in it the same as coca plants with coca in it?

Forum List

Back