Federal Judge Blocks Obama Drilling Moratorium

I'm sure I am useless to you. The truth is always useless to people like you. If it doesn't fit in your agenda then it's useless. You only need the lie that fits and Bush being appointed fits your agenda. The truth be damned.

I hope the ruling chaps your ass. I'll drink to that.

i think you're very, very young, so i'll cut you some slack. you haven't a clue what a person 'like [me]' believes. feel free to try to stereotype me, though. i'm figuring you'll be wrong on nine out of ten points. i also haven't seen you post a single thing that's true or thought out. but keep spewing those rushbo-ism's.

as for your feelings about the ruling. of course you feel that way. you hate this country and the things that really matter. and you're not a lawyer and you hate the law. you just care about your ignorant agenda.

are you even old enough to vote? seriously.your posts have a childish, pettiness to them that one finds in very young, ignorant children.

I'm not sure putting the kibosh on government overreach counts as "activism" or "ruling by decree" exactly. However, I was recently wrong about an unrelated matter in late November of last year and might be again.

As to the conflict of interest, I'd guess everyone in the entire State with some money (meaning every judge) has a diverse porfolio including many energy producers. Besides it's not like BP gave the judge a million clams in campaign contributions. :eusa_whistle:
I think directly owning stock is somewhat different than investing in a fund that invests in hundreds of stocks.

The moratorium is so huge I'm sure it has a direct effect in hundreds if not thousands of companies stocks. Good luck finding a judge (in all of Louisiana) without a conflict of some kind. :lol:
It only affected 33 rigs.

But you overlooked my point.

The estimates are that the lost payroll would be $330M per month. 33 rigs affect the employment of A Lot of people. But it's clear that our government thinks of them as Small People who don't matter.

Good point. It's too bad the Obama Administration turned down the offers of help from 70 other countries that might have helped get it under control by now - and has not issued all of the requested permits to dredge and build berms - and has kept barges from doing oil control due to lack of verification of life vests.

It's much more important to haul BP execs before Congress and to White House strong arm sessions before the disaster is contained - PR above Effectiveness.

I somehow knew it wouldn't take long for the judge to get smeared.
Imagine that!--A Louisiana judge owning stock in an oiling company!! :eek: I'm sure his stocks have taken as much of a hit as they are going to, by now.
One can't automatically presume judicial bias so soon.
I'm sorry. I forgot I was talking about knee-jerking bloggers.

And, yes, I'm concerned about the "handful of jobs" (if you can seriously call +/- 25k jobs a 'handful').
These people didn't do anything to deserve this over-reaction.

Never mind that Bam-Bam is loaning (giving, really, as I doubt we'll ever get a penny back) his buddy, Soros, fuckin' BILLIONS to do the same damned thing off the coast of Brazil!

The whole thing is a gigantic cluster fuck and a great deal more urgency needs to be directed at it rather than golfing, yachting, suing AZ, and any other misc. bullshit that's sliding down the proverbial tube right now.

If I had the way and the means, I'd be on Pensacola Beach (my hometown) helping any way I can.

I think directly owning stock is somewhat different than investing in a fund that invests in hundreds of stocks.

The moratorium is so huge I'm sure it has a direct effect in hundreds if not thousands of companies stocks. Good luck finding a judge (in all of Louisiana) without a conflict of some kind. :lol:

And everyone they do business with idiot. Why do you think Obama snookered two billion out of BP to pay claims. That was only one rig.

You had no point to overlook.

Good point. It's too bad the Obama Administration turned down the offers of help from 70 other countries that might have helped get it under control by now - and has not issued all of the requested permits to dredge and build berms - and has kept barges from doing oil control due to lack of verification of life vests.

It's much more important to haul BP execs before Congress and to White House strong arm sessions before the disaster is contained - PR above Effectiveness.
Liar

And everyone they do business with idiot. Why do you think Obama snookered two billion out of BP to pay claims. That was only one rig.

You had no point to overlook.
Lame.

Liar

You obviously can't handle the truth. Unsurprising.

I'm sure I am useless to you. The truth is always useless to people like you. If it doesn't fit in your agenda then it's useless. You only need the lie that fits and Bush being appointed fits your agenda. The truth be damned.

I hope the ruling chaps your ass. I'll drink to that.

i think you're very, very young, so i'll cut you some slack. you haven't a clue what a person 'like [me]' believes. feel free to try to stereotype me, though. i'm figuring you'll be wrong on nine out of ten points. i also haven't seen you post a single thing that's true or thought out. but keep spewing those rushbo-ism's.

as for your feelings about the ruling. of course you feel that way. you hate this country and the things that really matter. and you're not a lawyer and you hate the law. you just care about your ignorant agenda.

are you even old enough to vote? seriously.your posts have a childish, pettiness to them that one finds in very young, ignorant children.

Funny stuff. I'm not so damn dumb that I keep spouting a lie when I've been shown the facts. You're an idiot. No offense.

So now according to you the judge hates the United States??????

I like your shirt
cant_afford_me.jpg

Last edited:

Liar

Prove it.

A temporary halt in drilling so the government could re-evaluate the measures in place on other rigs might not have been an altogether bad policy... I mean I no expert I just dont want this to happen again.

That ignores the fact that those rigs are owned by companies interested in making money. Just how temporary are you talking about, Because if it is 6 Months like Obama wants. Those rigs will be contracted out to Other Nations oil companies. Most likely Brazil, and they will not be coming back. As I just pointed out it will cost 10 Million or so to move each one and once they move and are under contract with Petrobras they will not be coming back anytime soon.

Unlike Obama who seems to live in a vacuum where he thinks his actions do not have ramifications beyond the obvious ones on the surface. We all have to live in the real world. Where a simple decision to shut down operations on some oil rigs for 6 months to study their safety could result no oil rigs waiting to drill for us in 6 months when and if the moratorium is lifted.

Frankly I suspect that is what Obama wants. He wants to put an end to US deep water drilling in the gulf, But does not want to deal with the political heat from trying to do it by law. So he will use the back door and shut down drilling just long enough that the profit driven companies who own the rigs will look elsewhere for work and we will be out of the Deep water Gulf Drilling business anyways.

The funniest thing is the Gulf will not be any safer for it. Other countries will fill that vacuum too. we do not own the entire gulf and are not the only country with Rigs in it. Just because we wont be drilling in deep water in the gulf, Does not mean Mexico or some other nation wont be. At the very least Obama is being short sighted. But like I said I think he is just being devious and trying to kill Deep water drilling in the gulf through a back door.

Last edited:
Amazing. The rule of law just doesn't matter to these people.
Interior Secretary Salazar Seeks to Reimpose Drilling Moratorium
Published June 22, 2010 | Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- Interior Secretary Ken Salazar says he will issue a new order imposing a moratorium on deepwater oil drilling after a federal judge struck down the existing one.

Salazar said in a statement Tuesday that the new order will contain additional information making clear why the six-month drilling pause was necessary in the aftermath of the Gulf oil spill. The judge in New Orleans who struck down the moratorium earlier Tuesday complained there was insufficient justification for it.

FOXNews.com - Interior Secretary Salazar Seeks to Reimpose Drilling Moratorium

Forum List

Back