Federal Govt. Attempting To Ban Anonymous Pre-Paid Cell Phones...

Do you think that the last method of anonymous phone calling should be eliminated?

• Yes! The boogey men will all use legit ID's and be caught!

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No! I value my privacy, and where does the congress get the authority to ban anonymous cell phones?

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
Let me ask you this. DO you have anonymous banking? Nope, No why? Because drug dealers and terrorists would use it to ply their trade. Same with prepaid cell phones. Honest to God everytime we raid a meth house there are at least 2 per person.

Let me ask you, what legitimate use could there POSSIBLY be for an anonymous prepaid cell phones?
I dont want my freedoms measured by some arbitrary scale .

Really?

Then why do I have to take a deposit to the bank every day of over 3k in cash from the electronics store I work at?

It must be an illusion or a dream I guess.

And how much did you take in from credit/debit payments?

S/he won't answer that.LOL

Would that really matter? She already showed how people still DO USE CASH, which means their privacy can still be maintained? so not everybody is comfortable in giving up their privacy in order to buy or sell something.

And how much did you take in from credit/debit payments?

S/he won't answer that.LOL

Would that really matter? She already showed how people still DO USE CASH, which means their privacy can still be maintained? so not everybody is comfortable in giving up their privacy in order to buy or sell something.

Actually, it DOES matter, because the root of the debate was that people primarily use debit cards, not that they ONLY use debit cards, and then Bill came back with "well I see $3K cash spent everyday so you're wrong", clearly implying that people use WAY more cash than cards, neglecting to mention that $3K a day is also collected in cards. That indicates that at best 1/2 of the money collected at his job is from cash.

Actually you'd be shocked to find out that meth heads prefer the prepaid debit cards to cash, and here's why.

Cops confronts guy with rotted teeth and pocket full of cash, pretty obvious what he's up to. Cops confront guy with rotted teeth and debit card, not so obvious.

Meth heads actually have enough money to noticeably have pockets full of cash? Ive never met a drug dealer who accepts debit so if they're buying they're going to have to have cash nonetheless. Also, the comment about using cash more than debit was refering to the people who actually sell the drugs not the ones who buy it.

Obviously there transactions are done in cash. I'm talking about just as they walk around or whatever.... Meth heads, meaning dealers and users use prepaid debit cards more than cash. It's not uncommon to find SEVERAL of them when serving a warrant.
They probably have a lot of prepaid debit cards due to credit card fraud..
When I worked at a retail store last year, there was a group of people going around the country buying prepaid gift cards, they bought Southwest Airlines credit cards, prepaid credit cards, etc. They bought them all with stolen credit cards.
Requiring personal info for prepaid cell phones would probably not be worth the time and money to pass the law. Meth heads are very creative, and will just figure out a way around it.

Let me ask you this. DO you have anonymous banking? Nope, No why? Because drug dealers and terrorists would use it to ply their trade. Same with prepaid cell phones. Honest to God everytime we raid a meth house there are at least 2 per person.

Let me ask you, what legitimate use could there POSSIBLY be for an anonymous prepaid cell phones?

They are considerably less expensive than paid phones, don't tie me to a provider for 2 years, and I don't need to answer stupid questions of some snippy salesman.

They are considerably less expensive than paid phones, don't tie me to a provider for 2 years, and I don't need to answer stupid questions of some snippy salesman.

Sir you do realize there is a difference between pre paid cell phones and anonymous pre paid cell phones, yes?

Sir you do realize there is a difference between pre paid cell phones and anonymous pre paid cell phones, yes?

I do. Do you have a point?

Forum List

Back