Federal Government Spent 8 Times Revenue in March

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
How can anybody not have an issue with this? No business or household could survive this way. How can anyone think the government will?

During the month, according to the Treasury, the federal government grossed $194 billion in tax revenue and paid out $65.898 billion in tax refunds (including $62.011 to individuals and $3.887 to businesses) thus netting $128.179 billion in tax revenue for March.

At the same time, the Treasury paid out a total of $1.1187 trillion. When the $65.898 billion in tax refunds is deducted from that, the Treasury paid a net of $1.0528 trillion in federal expenses for March.

That $1.0528 trillion in spending for March equaled 8.2 times the $128.179 in net federal tax revenue for the month.

March Madness: U.S. Gov't Spent More Than Eight Times Its Monthly Revenue | CNSnews.com

Why can't the Left be honest about the crushing level of debt this administration has created and what it means for the prosperity of our Nation. Its not going away it must be dealt with

How can anybody not have an issue with this? No business or household could survive this way. How can anyone think the government will?

During the month, according to the Treasury, the federal government grossed $194 billion in tax revenue and paid out $65.898 billion in tax refunds (including $62.011 to individuals and $3.887 to businesses) thus netting $128.179 billion in tax revenue for March.

At the same time, the Treasury paid out a total of $1.1187 trillion. When the $65.898 billion in tax refunds is deducted from that, the Treasury paid a net of $1.0528 trillion in federal expenses for March.

That $1.0528 trillion in spending for March equaled 8.2 times the $128.179 in net federal tax revenue for the month.

March Madness: U.S. Gov't Spent More Than Eight Times Its Monthly Revenue | CNSnews.com

they cannot bro, we cannot, no one can.

that's why this budget manoeuvrings is ridiculous.

as far as closing the books on the rest of 2011 budget? when your senate majority leader starts squeezing out the tears for unfunded cowboy poetry festivals and the de-funding of USAID supposedly killing 70K people, well, you know there is NOTHING they will cut, so its gonna be a battle all the way and I think people are on the reps side, which is in this case, the side of fiscal responsibility, hey pone may disagree with some of the de-funding, sure then hash out but 20B ? please thats not even serious.

and for next year?

I think the dems and obama have really misjudged here, letting ryan take the lead on the 2012 budget may not work out the way they want it to.

Simply put the media has worn people down, they have gone to the well one to many times, driven them to a cynicism that hurts them and those they favor more than those that get beat on, even if its subliminally, they, the people, indies, con dems reps cons etc. know and are tired of the bs, they know we are going broke and they have heard the same ole same old; "evil reps want to take grannies health care and cut off welfare moms" so often there shouldn't be anyone left alive past 30 and the inner city ghettos should be ghost towns even at their prodigious reproduction rates.

The emperor and his court have no clothes.

Last edited:
obama_toilet_seat.jpg

Maybe I've missed it, but since when has anyone said that the US is not on a perilous spending path? Conservatives complain we're spending too much, liberals agree. Why do you all on the right keep complaining that the spending is out of control? You're right, it is. Everyone agrees. Everyone agrees that we have to cut spending. We've needed spending cuts for a decade, now. So, shall we have a conversation about the sky being blue?

Maybe I've missed it, but since when has anyone said that the US is not on a perilous spending path? Conservatives complain we're spending too much, liberals agree. Why do you all on the right keep complaining that the spending is out of control? You're right, it is. Everyone agrees. Everyone agrees that we have to cut spending.

Sorry, but I'm not the least bit convinced that everyone agrees. There are plenty of people in our government who quite clearly are not taking this problem seriously and perhaps don't even see it as a problem to begin with.

Forum List

Back