Federal Government Hacking

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Before some in here simply dismiss this as another Glen Beck moment - please note that the proof comes directly from the government website - they are indicating authority to hack into your computer at will.
Ladies and gentleman, in light of the most recent "turn in your neighbor if they talk against Obamacare" information that came out yesterday, and now this...

WTF is going on in America? How can anyone, liberal or conservative, be in defense of such measures? If you are truly American - you cannot.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy8wgS69xjI]YouTube - Glenn Beck: The Man Who Conned America is Now The Biggest Hacker in The World—Barack Obama[/ame]

There is a problem, hiring hackers is a common security tactic that allows them to test security systems better, many corporations will seek them out. Though I don't think they are targeting specific talk online, there is a chance that they will abuse these practices, and the government is the most likely to do so. What has me concerned and believing the possibility of these "Glenn Beck" reports is that Obama has placed a lot of attention to the internet since his election. I hate censorship, and the net is the last place for people to express themselves to large audiences without such a restriction. However, I have already stated the tech side of this in another thread.

so basically it never affected the average American?

Car dealers are not average Americans?

And cannot this website be accessed by anyone? And if the disclosure is being understood correclty, is not the Federal Government stating that by entering the website, your computer becomes property of the US government - and other law enforcement agencies?

If so, that is rather scary, no?

WTF is going on in this country?

so basically it never affected the average American?

Sinatra made a good point, but I will elaborate:

"Give them an inch, and they'll take a mile" fits very well here, also the Government Motors fiasco demonstrates that the current administration is actively trying to take over business, when they clearly cannot (and should not) run any such institution.

hey Sinatra- if you have nothing to hide, no problem, right ? LOL that's what most wingnuts said when Bush was spying on citizens

hey Sinatra- if you have nothing to hide, no problem, right ? LOL that's what most wingnuts said when Bush was spying on citizens

I was opposed to the Patriot Act - strongly so, just as I am opposed to this seemingly clear example of further police statism.

Why do you support something you imply you were once against?

I was opposed to the Patriot Act - strongly so, just as I am opposed to this seemingly clear example of further police statism.

Why do you support something you imply you were once against?

Too many people like broad brush strokes still. ;)

I don't support it , just playing the devils advocate

A good "Devil's Advocate" has to know a person's stance before being able to play it well. As much fun and use as it is, the role is tough when you don't know the one you are responding to well. ;)

:rolleyes:

I heard 9/11 was the governments doing as well.

Must you troll everything that goes against your gods?
If laughing at your stupidity is trolling then I guess the answer is yes.

You still have yet to demonstrate it's impossible, also the evidence to support the fear exists even if you choose to ignore it. So all you are doing is trolling, you have no facts, nothing to support your undying and blind support of the government, which is actually very unAmerican since we are suppose to keep them from doing this. They are using their power to take from people, rights and money, this isn't about some incident people are seeking blame, this is something they did. Equating it to 9-11 conspiracies is the same as trying to distract people from it.

You still have yet to demonstrate it's impossible, also the evidence to support the fear exists even if you choose to ignore it. So all you are doing is trolling, you have no facts, nothing to support your undying and blind support of the government, which is actually very unAmerican since we are suppose to keep them from doing this. They are using their power to take from people, rights and money, this isn't about some incident people are seeking blame, this is something they did. Equating it to 9-11 conspiracies is the same as trying to distract people from it.

Yes - there is no hidden conspiracy here - the evidence appears clear and is available to view by all. Utilize a government website, and your computer becomes property of the federal government.

Add this to the passage from the White House website asking for people to turn in "fishy" emails or casual conversations that are anti-Obamacare and frankly, it stuns me that anyone would express comfort with this growing trend by the current government to push the attacks against privacy protections that have long been among the most crucial foundations of Americanism.

I will repeat - this stuff is SCARY.

Nothing is impossible. Your tendency to become hysterical over this is what is funny. The government wasn't taking control of the computers that went to cars.gov. The GSA doesn't grant .gov domains to the average joe, they have very strict guidelines.

Maybe it is in your own best interest to spread rumors, who knows? More people are going to pony up for internet security packages if they are afraid.

Yes - there is no hidden conspiracy here - the evidence appears clear and is available to view by all. Utilize a government website, and your computer becomes property of the federal government.

Add this to the passage from the White House website asking for people to turn in "fishy" emails or casual conversations that are anti-Obamacare and frankly, it stuns me that anyone would express comfort with this growing trend by the current government to push the attacks against privacy protections that have long been among the most crucial foundations of Americanism.

I will repeat - this stuff is SCARY.
This is what I mean. You people shamelessly lie about anything and everything. It's both funny and sad. And Glenn Beck drones get arrested for casing National Guard facilities.

Forum List

Back