Federal appeals court deals blow to Obama's amnesty

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
Obama gets stuffed....once again :)

Federal appeals court deals blow to President Obama’s amnesty

A federal appeals court upheld an injunction against President Obama’s new deportation in a rulingTuesday that marks the second major legal setback for an administration that had insisted its actions were legal.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit ruled in favor of Texas, which had sued to stop the amnesty, on all key points, finding that Mr. Obama’s amnesty likely broke the law governing how big policies are to be written.

“The public interest favors maintenance of the injunction,” the judges wrote in the majority opinion.

Read more: Appeals court deals blow to Obama amnesty - Washington Times

A federal appeals court upheld an injunction against President Obama’s new deportation in a rulingTuesday that marks the second major legal setback for an administration that had insisted its actions were legal.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit ruled in favor of Texas, which had sued to stop the amnesty, on all key points, finding that Mr. Obama’s amnesty likely broke the law governing how big policies are to be written.

“The public interest favors maintenance of the injunction,” the judges wrote in the majority opinion.

Do you know what an injunction is?

Dippy mick.

He's correct. The president is not a unilateral monarch. He can't just wave his hand and decree immunity for 5 million people.

Do you know what an injunction is?

Dippy mick.
Aww, getting your azz handed to you hurts, eh?
Obama's every action should be considered unconstitutional until proven otherwise.

That doesnt stop the constant in flow of illegal immigrants unfortunately.
We need boots on the ground for that.

What we need is to liberalize our immigration laws and make it easier for people who want to come here and work be able to. We're wasting billions of dollars a year on enforcement of a flawed immigration system.

What we need is to liberalize our immigration laws and make it easier for people who want to come here and work be able to. We're wasting billions of dollars a year on enforcement of a flawed immigration system.

We already have immigration laws that allow this. We don't let in a bunch of welfare losers of course which throws a monkey wrench into the left's traitorous plans.

Uh...NO! We need to control our borders,we have enough trashy dependents already.

The court's ruling was the correct ruling in my opinion. I beleive Obama's E.O. was a violation of the precedent set forth in Youngstown Sheet & Tube Co v. Sawyer.

We already have immigration laws that allow this. We don't let in a bunch of welfare losers of course which throws a monkey wrench into the left's traitorous plans.
no we dont. Look at H1B visas. The quota is announced in January and by February it is filled. To say nothing of ag workers. Visas are expensve and time consuming to get. The whole system needs to be made easier for people to come here to work and pay taxes and then go home.

tumblr_mhz6l8TO8s1rzb0xro1_250.gif

no we dont. Look at H1B visas. The quota is announced in January and by February it is filled. To say nothing of ag workers. Visas are expensve and time consuming to get. The whole system needs to be made easier for people to come here to work and pay taxes and then go home.

Or the millions of able bodied welfare deadbeats can get off their lazy fat asses and do the jobs illegals are doing. There is nothing wrong with Americans working on farms, my first real job was working on a farm picking cabbage and moving irrigation pipes for $2 an hour, that provided ample motivation to move up and get a better paying job let me tell you. But these days in my area the illegals are building houses, roofing and drywall trades American workers used to perform. Certainly those sitting around on welfare could be doing those jobs right? I will say this about illegals they work hard and do good quality work.

I bet Obama will continue to ignore the courts. He never stopped implementing his plan and acts as if he's above the law.

What enforcement?

Or the millions of able bodied welfare deadbeats can get off their lazy fat asses and do the jobs illegals are doing. There is nothing wrong with Americans working on farms, my first real job was working on a farm picking cabbage and moving irrigation pipes for $2 an hour, that provided ample motivation to move up and get a better paying job let me tell you. But these days in my area the illegals are building houses, roofing and drywall trades American workers used to perform. Certainly those sitting around on welfare could be doing those jobs right? I will say this about illegals they work hard and do good quality work.
The welfare deadbeats generally live in places like Cleveland while the ag work is generally in places like small town California. Yes welfare needs further reform but it is overly simplistic just to say "make welfare recipients do the work." Ag work is very tough.

The welfare deadbeats generally live in places like Cleveland while the ag work is generally in places like small town California. Yes welfare needs further reform but it is overly simplistic just to say "make welfare recipients do the work." Ag work is very tough.

Why is it okay for illegals to work hard and not Americans? Yes Ag work is hard, I see no problem with Americans working off their obesity by putting in a hard days work on a farm. Also illegals seem to have no problem getting to where the jobs are, those slackers in Cleveland can hop a bus to the Ag jobs, live on the farm like the illegals do for the season.

Why is it okay for illegals to work hard and not Americans? Yes Ag work is hard, I see no problem with Americans working off their obesity by putting in a hard days work on a farm. Also illegals seem to have no problem getting to where the jobs are, those slackers in Cleveland can hop a bus to the Ag jobs, live on the farm like the illegals do for the season.
Hey go suggest it to them. See how that works out for you.

Forum List

Back