Federal Air Marshal

shadow355

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2015
My hide site
Federal air marshals in disarray - CNN.com

Seems the morale of the Federal Air Marshals service is going down hill.

Everyone gets to ride an aircraft, and only a few get to conduct investigations.

Is one of Federal Law Enforcements anti-terror agencies going down the tubes.

After "9/11" a lot of college degree holding people, local cops, and even other Federal Agents became a Air Marshal. The glory of getting to fly all the time - US Government Pay - US Government benefits - Travel local and abroad....while getting to carry a gun, badge, handcuffs and baton.

Now, it seems now that a lot of people want out and the Federal Air Marshals is having trouble with recruitment.

Is it a political problem? Is it a leadership problem?

Your thoughts and comments.

Shadow 355

Oh, let's see here. most likely little or no upward mobility, long hours of monotonous repetition, short turnarounds on international flights and living out of a suitcase all the time....... Get's old quick.

Oh, let's see here. most likely little or no upward mobility, long hours of monotonous repetition, short turnarounds on international flights and living out of a suitcase all the time....... Get's old quick.

I had a few people try to "Influence me" that that would be a great job for me. Plus my eleven years Military Service would have counted toward retirement. ( I am a handgun nut - I love handguns )

A magazine = "Combat Handguns" I think, done a nice article on them about a year or so ago. Informative, but dramatizing.

Shadow 355

Forum List

Back