Federal agents hunt for guns one house at a time

Can we get any confirmation of this from a real news source?

I can't find anything. I would find it difficult to believe there is a "fanning out" of agents for "door to door" searches. It would be all over the news.

I'd guess a few gun nuts caught the ATFs attention and they went to see why a private citizen, living on the Mexican border, with probably some minor history of drugs, was buying assault weapons by the van load.

It would be a real travesty to step on such a persons rights.

really it took ...the EOTS 2.3 SECS

Federal agents hunt for guns, one house at a time
By DANE SCHILLER Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle

Federal agents hunt for guns one house at a time | Chronicle | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle
June 30, 2009, 9:36PM

I can't find anything. I would find it difficult to believe there is a "fanning out" of agents for "door to door" searches. It would be all over the news.

I'd guess a few gun nuts caught the ATFs attention and they went to see why a private citizen, living on the Mexican border, with probably some minor history of drugs, was buying assault weapons by the van load.

Federal agents hunt for guns one house at a time | Chronicle | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

And that article confirms that the "fanning out, door to door" is complete bullshit.

They are following specific leads on suspicious gun purchases.

Let's put the shoe on these dumb ass, double standard, conservative feet. Suppose the ATF found out I had purchased red phosphorous, acetone and a slew of allergy medicine along with a visit to the Chem lab supplier.

You think these fuckers would justify a search of my home for meth? You bet your ass.

Ohh and look, they have probable cause and will get warrants if they need to search, HOW unfortunate for those claiming these guys are searching for guns. READ the story they are searching gun records and interviewing people that BOUGHT guns then found in Mexico at crime scenes.

You know NORMAL LAW ENFORCEMENT business.

Without a warrant they can only enter and search a home with the permission of the owner or occupant.

If it's drug related, you can thank your friendly neighborhood republican for making that a terrorist activity. No warrant needed. Patriot Act helped out a lot with this stuff too.

Wrong again, one must have evidence of activity to search. The Patriot act, BY the way, was approved by the Democrats as well not just Republicans, ut then that inconvenient fact doesn't help your partisan bullshit does it?

an inconvenient truth. :lol::lol:

Ohh and look, they have probable cause and will get warrants if they need to search, HOW unfortunate for those claiming these guys are searching for guns. READ the story they are searching gun records and interviewing people that BOUGHT guns then found in Mexico at crime scenes.

You know NORMAL LAW ENFORCEMENT business.

Exactly right. There is no evidence that there is any "door to door" searching going on.

Sum1Lssfalt wrote:
Connect the dots here. No wonder Washington doesn't want to shut off the flow of illegal ALIENS into the U.S., illegals are their smoke screen for unconstitutional search and seizure. How clever! Heil Hitler!!!

Without a warrant they can only enter and search a home with the permission of the owner or occupant.

If it's drug related, you can thank your friendly neighborhood republican for making that a terrorist activity. No warrant needed. Patriot Act helped out a lot with this stuff too.

so no democrats voted for the patriot act?

i'll alert the media.
:lol:

The Dems voted for it after Dashle and Leahy got anthrax sent to them through the mail!

i'll alert the media.

The Dems voted for it after Dashle and Leahy got anthrax sent to them through the mail!

another conspiracy hack.

i'll alert the media.

have another almond, kirkie

well then your friendly neighborhood democrats should repeal this thing...right?

You guys are over-reacting. The government officials can't come into your house to inspect whether or not you own any guns, and certainly cannot require you to register your grandfather's Rifles that you inherited. That is a grandfather clause law. Just settle down, and keep your new Sig Saur 357's loaded. :eusa_eh:

No search is occurring to begin with, they are investigating weapons found at crime scenes in Mexico. They are not searching for weapons AT ALL. They are questioning people that bought more than one weapon and they ended up in Mexico with no report of theft involved.

Someone steals one of my weapons first thing I do is call the cops. I sure as hell don't want to become a suspect in a crime because some asshole stole my weapon and used it to commit a crime.

Read the damn story. No search, no seizure at all. And NO illegal searches at all.

No search is occurring to begin with, they are investigating weapons found at crime scenes in Mexico. They are not searching for weapons AT ALL. They are questioning people that bought more than one weapon and they ended up in Mexico with no report of theft involved.

Someone steals one of my weapons first thing I do is call the cops. I sure as hell don't want to become a suspect in a crime because some asshole stole my weapon and used it to commit a crime.

Read the damn story. No search, no seizure at all. And NO illegal searches at all.[/QUOTE]

Thank you RGS. People LOVE to jump to conclusions way too fast, don't they?

Read the damn story. No search, no seizure at all. And NO illegal searches at all.

Just hope the cop you call isn't the one in the story who can't explain the disappearance of a few assault weapons he bought. :lol:

Forum List

Back