Fed will be moving to remove cash from Economy

That story is tremendously non-specific.

If all you have is hearsay and surmise, I can understand.

No hearsay and surmise, just the facts. Do you see the Fed expanding any programs to inject cash?
Article in today's WSJ on how the Fed is going to communicate coming rate hikes.
It's in the works, read the tea leaves.

The Fed will talk a good game about raising rates but will do little until the economy is on better footing. They have no choice but to say that rates are going to rise in the future but they are in a box.

I think if the velocity of money picks up we will see a lot more inflation than anyone thought.

We've got a genius on our hands here, folks! :rolleyes:

I am absolutely convinced that if people spend more money, more money will be spent.

Of course they will. The idiot made a Captain Obvious statement. He doesn't know shit about econ, read through his posts. He's got no clue. He doesn't even understand Fed Reserve structure, but he's somehow supposed to be a shining beacon for information in this subforum.

And by the way, whether you can see my posts or not Rabbi, I don't care...

The fed LESSENING their liquidity commitments does not mean they are "eliminating" them. Their programs have expiry dates. The Fed can choose to extend those too, if they wish. Just this past September, they expanded their purchases of MBS's until the end of March.

That they might wind down on ONE, does not mean they are "eliminating" ANYTHING.

"read the tea leaves". :lol: what a joke.

If one were to REALLY read the tea leaves, it would seem that they're FEIGNING a tighter policy to fool the stupid. The stupid would be Rabbi, in this case. And any idiot like him.

No hearsay and surmise, just the facts. Do you see the Fed expanding any programs to inject cash?
Article in today's WSJ on how the Fed is going to communicate coming rate hikes.
First they're ending specific programs, then I'm supposed to read the tea leaves?

Move the goalposts much?

The Fed will talk a good game about raising rates but will do little until the economy is on better footing. They have no choice but to say that rates are going to rise in the future but they are in a box.

Yeah, wind down some purchases and let the media run with "the fed is moving towards tightening!!" ...all the while the media neglecting to cover the EXTENSIONS of the OTHER programs, like Fannie and Freddie MBS's.

First they're ending specific programs, then I'm supposed to read the tea leaves?

Move the goalposts much?

Do you see the Fed expanding any programs to inject cash?

No, not at all :rolleyes:

Treasurys Turn Up; Fed To Extend MBS Program - FOXBusiness.com

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Treasurys Turn Up; Fed To Extend MBS Program

NEW YORK -- Treasury prices turned higher on Wednesday, pushing yields remained slightly lower, after the Federal Reserve said it would extend its program to buy mortgage-backed securities until March, instead of the previous end date in December. Policy makers also said economic activity has picked up and they will keep interest rates low for an extended period. Yields on 10-year notes slid 3 basis points to 3.44%.

Last edited:

Move the goalposts much?

Distortion much? Where did I say they had ended programs?

Move the goalposts much?

Child, not only did you say they were "eliminating" programs, which is synonymous with "ending", you also said they weren't injecting anymore cash which is FALSE, as they just extended the Fannie/Freddie MBS program until March.

Move the goalposts much?

HERE.

Is this something you put serious thought into, or are your posts just a stream of consciousness thing?

Dude's next on the ignore list. Soon, all we'll be left with around here that aren't on his "i'm too dumb to talk to you list" are the stupidest people on earth.

We could call it Alabama!

Welp, there's Rabbi's typical departure when he gets his stupidity aired out. :lol:

Reading impaired, I guess. Notice the word begun.

A valiant effort. But a failed one.

They aren't even MOVING to an "elimination". Their programs have expiry dates, and what you're pointing to is that they aren't contributing anymore liquidity in them before they expire ON THEIR OWN.

And you were even wrong about THAT, considering they've expanded their MBS's purchases into March of next year.

Forum List

Back