Fed May Give Loans To IMF To Help Euro Zone...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
More Foreign Bailouts? Sure why not? It's not their money. It's only the American Taxpayers' money. The Fed is so out of control. No accountability at all.

The Federal Reserve, along with the 17 euro zone national central banks, may help provide the International Monetary Fund with funds that could be used to aid debt-ridden states, a German newspaper said.

Die Welt cited sources close to the negotiations as saying the euro zone central banks could pay at least 100 billion euros ($134.2 billion) into a special fund that could be used for programs for nations struggling to control their debts.

"Also other central banks, for example the U.S. Federal Reserve, are apparently prepared to finance a part of the costs," the paper said in an advance copy of an article to appear on Monday.

Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner may discuss the idea in the coming weeks when he visits Europe, the paper said.

Officials had said on Saturday that talks on the size of loans from euro zone central banks were starting at a technical level after finance ministers from the currency union gave the go-ahead to explore the idea.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/04/us-eurozone-imf-fed-idUSTRE7B30X320111204
http://drudgereport.com/

Last edited:
Of course they will, if the Euro collapses it will take everyone with it. I don't like any of this bailout shit but what else are we going to do? Fiddle while Rome literally burns?

Of course they will, if the Euro collapses it will take everyone with it. I don't like any of this bailout shit but what else are we going to do? Fiddle while Rome literally burns?

printing fake money to get out of debt is a disaster waiting to happen. It happened to Germany. Why the hell do you think Germany wants no part of this shit? Get a clue.

I would love to see all these crony governments & bankers burn. At least the rest of us can pick our selves up & go on without having to support these obese economic tumors after the collapse.

who is going to bailout the US.....?

The bigger point is that the Fed answers to no one. Taxpayers have no say in anything they do. They're a corrupt all-powerful secret banking entity at this point.

The world that uses the US dollar for trade & reserves, savers & US bond holders will bailout the US by losing the value of their savings.

The Fed lends money. It doesn't come from taxpayers.

The fed also prints money which lowers the value of the dollar which means my dollars will not buy what they used to and is the equivalent to an unlegislated tax hike since I have effectively less money than I had before.

So where does the money come from again?

The world that uses the US dollar for trade & reserves, savers & US bond holders will bailout the US by losing the value of their savings.

you mean raging inflation......?

1.jpg

The bigger point is that the Fed answers to no one. Taxpayers have no say in anything they do. They're a corrupt all-powerful secret banking entity at this point.

The Fed answers to Congress. Its board is selected by the President. And its balance sheet is public record.

In any event, as a libertarian, shouldn't you be pro-privately controlled secretive organizations?

The fed also prints money which lowers the value of the dollar which means my dollars will not buy what they used to and is the equivalent to an unlegislated tax hike since I have effectively less money than I had before.

When a bank lends money - whether it's the Fed or any other bank - the money has to be paid back again. The debt is equal to at least the amount of the loan. New money, in other words, comes at the cost of new debt. Fed lending isn't taking anything from you anymore than your neighbor is taking something from you by getting a loan from his bank.

All money comes from the same place.

When a bank lends money - whether it's the Fed or any other bank - the money has to be paid back again. The debt is equal to at least the amount of the loan. New money, in other words, comes at the cost of new debt. Fed lending isn't taking anything from you anymore than your neighbor is taking something from you by getting a loan from his bank.

So let me get this straight....

Lets say Greece needs a quick trillion to tide themselves over for a few years. The Fed prints the trillion [new money]. This trillion in no way devalues my money? Then the Fed gets the money back plus interest. Do they then take that money out of circulation?

So just to throw a number out there lets say my money was devalued by 1% and they earn 5% interest. They now have an extra trillion dollars plus an additional 400 billion to offset the inflation whereas I get no added money and my money is worth 1% less now. At least that's how it seems to me tell me if I am wrong because I am always willing to learn.

Last edited:

Too much Fail.

The Fed is loaning the money to the IMF at low interest rates, who in turn lends it to Euro Countries at high interest rates.

Yes, the Federal Reserve Directors are nominated by the President. Do you know where he gets his recommendations from? The Fed.

Yes, the Fed has a Charter with Congress. Do you you know they've only been audited once in their near 100 year history? And that was a partial one only.

Yes, Banks pay the Federal Reserve back. Do you know how much Banks paid the Fed this year? 78 Billion.

Using the previously secret loans of 7.77 Trillion as an example, at 78 billion a year it would take approximately 99 years to pay back.

Would you call that good banking practice?

Forum List

Back