Fed judge OKs sec. of AZ imm. law allowing police to ? status of susp. illegals

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Federal judge OKs section of Arizona immigration law allowing police to question status of suspected illegals | Fox News

A federal judge ruled Wednesday that Arizona authorities can enforce the most contentious section of the state's immigration law, which critics have dubbed the "show me your papers" provision.

The ruling by U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton clears the way for police to carry out the requirement that officers, while enforcing other laws, question the immigration status of those they suspect are in the country illegally.

In her ruling, Bolton said the court will not ignore the clear direction from the Supreme Court that the provision "cannot be challenged further on its face before the law takes effect."

Arizona's law, known as SB1070, was passed in 2010 amid voter frustration with the state's role as the busiest illegal entry point into the country. Five other states -- Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, South Carolina and Utah -- have adopted variations.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

"Will NOT ignore the clear ruling of the Supreme Court", yeah that's the way it's supposed to be.

Unless you're Barack Obama and just ignore whatever Law you don't like. Wish I could do that. I'd ignore ALL the tax laws.

What difference does it make they they can be asked for their papers? With Obama's stop deportation policy, if turned over to ICE they will only be released onto the streets again. They are virtually "untouchables."

"Will NOT ignore the clear ruling of the Supreme Court", yeah that's the way it's supposed to be.

Unless you're Barack Obama and just ignore whatever Law you don't like. Wish I could do that. I'd ignore ALL the tax laws.

All the tax laws? Idiot if we all did that, we would be back in the dark ages. It would eliminate government and that is anarchy.

All the tax laws? Idiot if we all did that, we would be back in the dark ages. It would eliminate government and that is anarchy.
No, it would not eliminate Government. It would eliminate Tyranny by Gov't because as it is now, they have almost unlimited funding. Part of which they use to subsidize the Illegal Alien takeover of the American Southwest.

The USA got along just fine for quite a long time without Income Taxes.

You should do some research on the history of taxes in this Country LilOlLady, you might actually learn something.

No, it would not eliminate Government. It would eliminate Tyranny by Gov't because as it is now, they have almost unlimited funding. Part of which they use to subsidize the Illegal Alien takeover of the American Southwest.

You should do some research on the history of taxes in this Country LilOlLady, you might actually learn something.

There can be no governemnt without taxes idiot.:confused:

There can be no governemnt without taxes idiot.:confused:
No, there can be no "Giant, Out Of Control Gov't That Ignores The Will Of The People" without confiscatory taxes that "eat out our sustenance". (look that up)

Tell us Little Old Lady, how did we finance and Win the Revolutionary war, write the Constitution and Bill of Rights and become an Independent Country WITHOUT an IRS or Income Tax back in 1787?

Forum List

Back