Fed. Grants for Detroit to grow manufacturing jobs.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
DETROIT-- City officials expect two federal grants to help bring manufacturing jobs to Detroit.
A $3.2 million Economic Development Administration grant will support redevelopment and expansion of a manufacturing area and truck route for an industrial park.
Another $910,000 grant will help support the hiring of a team that will attract business and identify and prepare industrial sites.
The grants were announced Monday by Mayor Mike Duggan and Assistant Commerce Secretary Jay Williams.
The Detroit News reports that Williams said President Barack Obama "has made it very clear that the commitment" to Detroit "is unequivocal."
Preparing city residents for jobs and finding work for them has been one of Duggan's priorities. Last month, the city announced a program designed to train residents for careers in construction and skilled trades.

By Associated Press |

Posted: Mon 8:04 PM, Oct 03, 2016

I want to make sure the Trump Admin didn't take credit for this.

if it actually happens it will be because of President Trumps allowing it to continue . Course , if I was the President I would squash or modify and the put in the bigger and better TRUMP Plan Penny !!

Forum List

Back