fed gives banks over 9 trillion while people unemployeed due to bank's greed get 0

Very disgusted how the GOP turned the US financial system (in shambles) over to the dems. More astonishingly, the fucking GOP wants the tax cuts extended?! WTF planet am I on??

Very disgusted how the GOP turned the US financial system (in shambles) over to the dems. More astonishingly, the fucking GOP wants the tax cuts extended?! WTF planet am I on??

It took a real bipartisan effort to get us into the mess we are currently in. Both parties, banks, unions, your fellow Americans... all had a hand in it. Blaming 'wealthy bankers' may be an easy answer but it is too easy.... and plain wrong.

Well I want to live on a Planet where it's considered a good idea for people to be able to keep
as much of THEIR money as possible as opposed to the Liberals who want government to TAKE as much money away from people as they can.

I guess I'm a little weird that way.:cool:

I agree with you California, the blame has to be distributed equally amongst the guilty. That being said some are more responsible then others and should face harsher penalties.
But just blaming the banks is naive at best.

Federal Reserve made $9 trillion in emergency loans - Dec. 1, 2010

so glad these bankers aren't evil and that they are here to "do god's work" :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I wish the usa would collapse so they would all get pinned against a wall with gun to their temple

Seriously, it is better to say nothing and be thought a fool, than post and confirm it.

Laying the blame solely with the banks is either extremely naive or seriously stupid. Which are you?

YES :lol:

I agree with you California, the blame has to be distributed equally amongst the guilty. That being said some are more responsible then others and should face harsher penalties.
But just blaming the banks is naive at best.

Barney-Frank-Jail-Justice2.gif

so glad these bankers aren't evil and that they are here to "do god's work" :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I wish the usa would collapse so they would all get pinned against a wall with gun to their temple

Don't get too whacked over this:

All the loans were backed by collateral and all were paid back with a very low interest rate to the Fed -- an annual rate of between 0.5% to 3.5%

This was absolutely business as usual except for the fact that the interest rates were lower for banks that participated in TARP Than for those who didn't.

IOW the FED was merely doing what it always does but on two different preferred scales at once. The preferred banks "made bank" investing this money in the stock market and other new bubblettes. While firms that never got in trouble or participated in TARP were thus penalized and driven down.

That story, the one your OP doesn't touch, is the real story of corruption, cronysim and, well, organized crime.

The Fed is in the business of lending trillions/year to banks, that is nothing new or adventful.

IN fact if the Fed DIDN'T lend trillions/year our whole economy would shrivel to death.

Seriously, it is better to say nothing and be thought a fool, than post and confirm it.

Laying the blame solely with the banks is either extremely naive or seriously stupid. Which are you?

Well the BIG banks probably deserve 75% of the blame for any economic woe you can muster. Everybody else just enables them.

Who do YOU Blame, the wife abuser or the enabling wife? The rapist, or the woman who dressed too provocatively and was out at night?

All the loans were backed by collateral and all were paid back with a very low interest rate to the Fed -- an annual rate of between 0.5% to 3.5%

This was absolutely business as usual except for the fact that the interest rates were lower for banks that participated in TARP Than for those who didn't.

IOW the FED was merely doing what it always does but on two different preferred scales at once. The preferred banks "made bank" investing this money in the stock market and other new bubblettes. While firms that never got in trouble or participated in TARP were thus penalized and driven down.

That story, the one your OP doesn't touch, is the real story of corruption, cronysim and, well, organized crime.

The Fed is in the business of lending trillions/year to banks, that is nothing new or adventful.

IN fact if the Fed DIDN'T lend trillions/year our whole economy would shrivel to death.

so our economy is unsustainable on it's own?

so our economy is unsustainable on it's own?

YEAH!!! Our currency begins as debt and disappears when that debt is repaid.

Without trillions/year in new debt issued by the fed first and then the banks our economy would shrivel to zero in a few years.

Monetarism; understand it :razz:

The Fed did not "give" the banks $9 trillion. The Fed lent $9 trillion in overnight loans over many months to supply liquidity to the market during a time of extreme financial distress. It probably averted the collapse of the country you wish to occur.

Whatever one might think about the program, it is disingenuous to say that the Fed "gave" them this money.

Forum List

Back