FEC Hits ACT-Soros Backed PAC

So Shogun is a liar? There are not 3 Democrats out of 6 Board members? Further are these appointees vetted by the Congress? Or are they just allowed to be picked by the President with out vetting?

If they are vetted, remind me of the stink when the 3 democrats that are really Bush stooges were nominated and then appointed.

Also being a Lawyer, wouldn't that require you to know that this Board has to provide information and justification for its rulings? Further excluding the claim they are just a rubber stamp for Bush.

Rather than make a statement that they rubber stamped it, provide us with a detailed listing of how the reasons and regulations cited were not as they were ruled to be. I mean your a lawyer, it shouldn't be to hard to pick apart a rubber stamped ruling by a bunch of political hacks doing the nefarious buisness of the Chimpster, can it?

And I am still waiting Jillian.

In answer to my own question....

The six Commissioners, no more than three of whom may represent the same political party, are appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate. The Commissioners serve full time and are responsible for administering and enforcing the Federal Election Campaign Act. They generally meet twice a week, once in closed session to discuss matters that, by law, must remain confidential, and once in a meeting open to the public. At these meetings, they formulate policy and vote on significant legal and administrative matters.
FEC Commissioner Robert D. Lenhard
Robert D. Lenhard

from http://www.fec.gov/members/members.shtml

Yup the FEC is a Bush arm of the law alright.

From the article that started this thread...

But the groups have largely faded from the political landscape as the FEC has sought to rein them in. Late last year, commissioners handed down a total of $630,000 in penalties to three top 527s: Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, MoveOn.org and the League of Conservation Voters, and there are more complaints pending.

Come on Jillian where are you to explain to us dumb hicks how Bush rigged it all?

Yup the FEC is a Bush arm of the law alright.

From the article that started this thread...

Come on Jillian where are you to explain to us dumb hicks how Bush rigged it all?

Does it ever bother you that the only person who wants to dialogue with you is yourself?

You must have tremendous self-esteem.

Does it ever bother you that the only person who wants to dialogue with you is yourself?

You must have tremendous self-esteem.

Does it ever bother you that your allies make ludicrous statements and then fail to back them up? Well of course it doesn't because you "don't care".

It is simple really She made a statement in this thread that is totally ignorant and without merit. And here you are trying to obfusicate the issue. Just who would of thought THAT would happen.

Now come on, explain to me the Nuiance of how she was really right and I am just to dense to catch on. Do you EVER get tired of defending people that make stupid statements and can't back them up?

Does it ever bother you that your allies make ludicrous statements and then fail to back them up? Well of course it doesn't because you "don't care".

It is simple really She made a statement in this thread that is totally ignorant and without merit. And here you are trying to obfusicate the issue. Just who would of thought THAT would happen.

Now come on, explain to me the Nuiance of how she was really right and I am just to dense to catch on. Do you EVER get tired of defending people that make stupid statements and can't back them up?

All interesting points, although the bit about allies (are we the Axis powers?) might be a stretch. Perhaps Jillian did make a mistatement. Perhaps she was stating her opinion that the Commission isn't unbiased (despite a 3/3 representation) because all the Bush appointees are stooges. Truth is, I don't know, and I don't care. Maybe she will get back to you on that. This topic itself doesn't interest me.

What does interest me is you RGS. Is your self-worth so intricately tied up in proving Jillian wrong on one occasion that you end up responding to your own posts? Is that why you seem to put so much energy into this particular thread? Is it because you feel you aren't as smart as she is?

Don't feel that way RGS. Just because you aren't always the most articulate message board poster doesn't mean that you aren't smart. Everyone has their share of weak moments here (including myself). This shouldn't be a basis for measuring your self-worth. Intelligence can be measured in many ways, and I don't think that this board provides the best approximation.

hehehehe...

Called it from a mile away, didn't I ReilyT...

buddha.jpg

I AM YOUR BUDDHA!

hehehehe...

Called it from a mile away, didn't I ReilyT...

buddha.jpg

I AM YOUR BUDDHA!

I don't know what you mean. I gather there is a picture, but for some reason, I can't see it.

It is "ReillyT," not "ReilyT." I am not faulting you for spelling here - just clarifying my name.

All interesting points, although the bit about allies (are we the Axis powers?) might be a stretch. Perhaps Jillian did make a mistatement. Perhaps she was stating her opinion that the Commission isn't unbiased (despite a 3/3 representation) because all the Bush appointees are stooges. Truth is, I don't know, and I don't care. Maybe she will get back to you on that. This topic itself doesn't interest me.

What does interest me is you RGS. Is your self-worth so intricately tied up in proving Jillian wrong on one occasion that you end up responding to your own posts? Is that why you seem to put so much energy into this particular thread? Is it because you feel you aren't as smart as she is?

Don't feel that way RGS. Just because you aren't always the most articulate message board poster doesn't mean that you aren't smart. Everyone has their share of weak moments here (including myself). This shouldn't be a basis for measuring your self-worth. Intelligence can be measured in many ways, and I don't think that this board provides the best approximation.

Ahh, you don't defend these other people, I see. Maybe I should hire you as my personal On Line therapist to aid me in my obvious lackings. Do you take Medicare and Tricare? Shall we establish regular hours to meet and "discuss" my failings? My I just can't wait to get started.

Ahh, you don't defend these other people, I see. Maybe I should hire you as my personal On Line therapist to aid me in my obvious lackings. Do you take Medicare and Tricare? Shall we establish regular hours to meet and "discuss" my failings? My I just can't wait to get started.

"These other people..." Sounds like someone is getting on the generalization train. Don't do it. It is a train to nowhere.

RGS, you've got it all wrong. I am not here to dwell on failings. I am not saying you have any more failings than anyone else. I am trying to tell you that you don't have "obvious lackings"... or if you do, you shouldn't feel bad about it. Just love yourself for who you are. I think we can both agree that that person is pretty darn special.

I don't know what you mean. I gather there is a picture, but for some reason, I can't see it.

It is "ReillyT," not "ReilyT." I am not faulting you for spelling here - just clarifying my name.

I told you how much I care about impressing this crowd with immaculate spelling.

The pic is an image of the Buddha. Because I am your Buddha!

"These other people..." Sounds like someone is getting on the generalization train. Don't do it. It is a train to nowhere.

RGS, you've got it all wrong. I am not here to dwell on failings. I am not saying you have any more failings than anyone else. I am trying to tell you that you don't have "obvious lackings"... or if you do, you shouldn't feel bad about it. Just love yourself for who you are. I think we can both agree that that person is pretty darn special.

Lets have a big group hug, shall we?

Not to be a downer or anything, but while we are discussing my self esteem issues, perhaps we can discuss your Pavlovic need to defend liberal posters on this board from ignorant little me.

I told you how much I care about impressing this crowd with immaculate spelling.

The pic is an image of the Buddha. Because I am your Buddha!

It seems you can't let this spelling thing go. I am sorry. I did not mean to hurt your feelings. I take it back. I take it all back. Your spelling is just fine. Don't be so down about it.

In the present case, I was only clarifying my name.

I suppose the picture of the Buddha would have been more forceful. Imagery and all... Nonetheless, you surely are the path to enlightenment.

Not to be a downer or anything, but while we are discussing my self esteem issues, perhaps we can discuss your Pavlovic need to defend liberal posters on this board from ignorant little me.

This is the problem with good deeds - so little thanks. I guess the reward is in the doing.

I am sorry if you got the impression that I was trying to defend Jillian (or alternatively, gang up on you). That was the furthest thing from my mind. I just wanted to get to know you better. You know, to have a little heart to heart. It seems to me that you might be a little down on yourself, and I felt that was a shame. You have so much to offer... all of us, I believe.

Don't refer to yourself as ignorant. This is exactly what I am talking about. Until you can look in the mirror and see the same beautiful smile that I see when I imagine you (as I frequently do), you are never going to be whole.

However, if you feel uncomfortable with the focus on you (and you shouldn't, because you are beautiful), we can discuss anything you want.

Ohh My I feel another group hug coming. Now the question has to be asked, should I seek an injunction against you for the obvious unnatural interest you show in me? Following me from thread to thread , not to attack my points or defend anyone in the thread, but rather in this seemingly unhealthy fixation you have with me?

HAHA!
5 points for squeezing in Ivan Pavlov!

Ohh My I feel another group hug coming. Now the question has to be asked, should I seek an injunction against you for the obvious unnatural interest you show in me? Following me from thread to thread , not to attack my points or defend anyone in the thread, but rather in this seemingly unhealthy fixation you have with me?

I don't think that I have followed you... but maybe I have forgotten.

If you only saw yourself as beautifully as I see you, you would know that it is not unnatural.

Nobody was responding to your posts... but yourself. I just thought maybe you were feeling lonely. However, if it makes you uncomfortable, just say the word and I will stop. How could I say no to you?

It seems you can't let this spelling thing go. I am sorry. I did not mean to hurt your feelings. I take it back. I take it all back. Your spelling is just fine. Don't be so down about it.
In the present case, I was only clarifying my name.
I suppose the picture of the Buddha would have been more forceful. Imagery and all... Nonetheless, you surely are the path to enlightenment.

I was just reminding you of our conversation regarding the importance of ideals over immaculate spelling. I'm not sure you are qualified to be one of my disciples if your memory is that bad.

Indeed. You should take some notes. Zen and the Art of Messageboard Maintenance.

Forum List

Back