February Is Black History Month

How? I see Italians and Irish that are proud of their heritage and no one tells them anything.

Get back to me when there is an ENTIRE month dedicated to them.

Um, there is. I posted a list in earlier in the thread. :) October for Italians and March for Irish (I never heard that a whole month was dedicated, just a day).

If there's pride in black history and black accomplishments and there is a month to celebrate, why isn't there a month to celebrate the pride of white history and white accomplishments? There's months for all types of ethnicities and things.

Last edited:
The entire fucking school year celebrates white America, Zoom-boing. Did you want to gild the lily?

Bullshit Maddeline.... straight up bullshit!

Thats exactly what I am talking about. YOU have a guilty concience for being white and want everybody to know you like black folks.... I for one have NOTHING to prove and NOTHING to feel guilty for, so I think it is a bogus token month to make "some" folks feel better about themselves.

How? I see Italians and Irish that are proud of their heritage and no one tells them anything.

October is Italian Heritage Month

Irish-American Heritage Month - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Heritage and History are two different things.... I say be proud of your heritage. Its who you are...

but, where are all the public service announcements and specials on tv and certain lesson plans at schools dedicated to italian Americans, b/c I dont recall seeing any.

Heritage and History are two different things.... I say be proud of your heritage. Its who you are...

but, where are all the public service announcements and specials on tv and certain lesson plans at schools dedicated to italian Americans, b/c I dont recall seeing any.

I think it depends where you live, in the northeast in Rhode Island and Jersey there are alot of events and celebrations for Italians, in Boston for the Irish.

Um, there is. I posted a list in earlier in the thread. :) October for Italians and March for Irish (I never heard that a whole month was dedicated, just a day).

If there's pride in black history and black accomplishments and there is a month to celebrate, why isn't there a month to celebrate the pride of white history and white accomplishments? There's months for all types of ethnicities and things.

Exactly..... I am OK with a day or a weekend celebration.... Lets celebrate our diversity!

I think it depends where you live, in the northeast in Rhode Island and Jersey there are alot of events and celebrations for Italians, in Boston for the Irish.

Dude....I grew up around New Orleans and in Houston alot, believe me... we celebrate Italians and Irish things alot. Always have....

It's funny.

Blacks get a month for history, then we get to hear people bitch that it's the shortest month
Puerto Ricans get a day.
The Irish get St Paddies days.
The Chinese get jack squat
the Indians can go fuck themselves
And everyone else is outta luck

If you wanna learn black history, ask a black person. I spent 2 hours off the clock talking with a Tuskeegee Airman. Wanna learn about Irish history in America? PM me. Wanna offer me a day, week or month to cover that history? Piss off, I learned what I need to know from my family and by reading these things called 'books', they keep these 'books' in things called 'Libraries'.

It's funny.

Blacks get a month for history, then we get to hear people bitch that it's the shortest month
Puerto Ricans get a day.

If you wanna learn black history, ask a black person. I spent 2 hours off the clock talking with a Tuskeegee Airman. Wanna learn about Irish history in America? PM me. Wanna offer me a day, week or month to cover that history? Piss off, I learned what I need to know from my family and by reading these things called 'books', they keep these 'books' in things called 'Libraries'.

Asian Pacific American Heritage Month - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

National Hispanic Heritage Month - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Native American Heritage Month

They get their months too.

It's funny.

Puerto Ricans get a day.

Kooky

And still a waste. I'm more than a little certain that all of us are capable of learning pride in heritage by talking with our family.

I don't think the Italians want to give up their month.

Why have it?

Why do we set aside any time for any culture or race?

If you don't have pride in who and what you are, a month of TV specials isn't going to help.

Oct should be German history month.

For reasons I should not have to explain. :lol:

Why have it?

If you don't have pride in who and what you are, a month of TV specials isn't going to help.

America was split up by race from its inception and its been like that for hundreds of years, kind of hard to get rid of that mentality over night. You can see the racist posters on this board, black and white. We have a long way to go in this country until nobodyb cares about race anymore.

It's funny.

Puerto Ricans get a day.

Say what ya want to, but there are'nt TV specials and store promotions and billboards and public service annuncements and all the other BS associated with black history month.

Face it my man.... they go over board with it, and all is does is promote sepertion between all of us, just like quanza does.

I am all for learning OUR American history, just get out of my face with all the race shit!

IM SICK OF IT!:evil:

Nothing personal High Gravity, I just get tired of all the special interest groups.

Why have it?

America was split up by race from its inception and its been like that for hundreds of years, kind of hard to get rid of that mentality over night. You can see the racist posters on this board, black and white. We have a long way to go in this country until nobodyb cares about race anymore.

You served, so you know racist are just here, they are everywhere.

Do you think a month of specails on TV will change anyone?

Would seeing a sign like this mean anything to you;

******* and chinks apply around back.
NINA!

the NINA means; No Irish Need Apply

Imagine that. My Great Aunt Nina could.

It's funny.

Puerto Ricans get a day.

Say what ya want to, but there are'nt TV specials and store promotions and billboards and public service annuncements and all the other BS associated with black history month.

Face it my man.... they go over board with it, and all is does is promote sepertion between all of us, just like quanza does.

I am all for learning OUR American history, just get out of my face with all the race shit!

IM SICK OF IT!:evil:

Nothing personal High Gravity, I just get tired of all the special interest groups.

I really wish things could be the way you say, that everyone learns the history of this country together as equals.

Why have it?

NINA!

I always wondered about this, if a store said No Irish need apply and I showed up and said I was Welsh, how would they find out?

NINA!

I always wondered about this, if a store said No Irish need apply and I showed up and said I was Welsh, how would they find out?

This may come as a shock
but

We look different
That and the accents, and the names gave us away. Plus if you were caught lying, things went badly for you.

Forum List

Back