Feb 25 - Is Anybody Watching the Bipartisan "Conversation" today?

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Foxfyre, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,407
    One thing that seems crystal clear to me so far, is that the President and the Democrats are absolutely NOT interested in what the Republicans want in healthcare reform. So far they have only complained that the Republicans are expressing their views or that what the Republicans want is 'already in the bill'. Of course they don't say HOW it is in the bill, so there is room for some skepticism there.

That's my impression.

What's yours?

2. elvis

elvis BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    I will be interested to see if the republicans get equal time.

3. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Nope, Bipartisan means "lets make a pork deal".

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    It's not an artist who paints bips?

5. slackjawed

slackjawed Self deported

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +645
    So far it is in the "intro" posturing stage. So far the democrats, and the pres, have talked more and said less, imho.
    So far it looks like the meeting is for show, rather than for solutions. It looks like the democrats need political 'cover' to let it fail or accept something smaller.
    The only real point that has been made, IMHO, is the president stated he had looked at the republican ideas that had been submitted "over the past 6 months", putting the claims from the leftys that the republicans have "offered no ideas" into the lie catagorie.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Terry

Terry Shut the $%$ Up!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,091
    I have my TV tuned into this but not really watching it but all I hear is Obama's voice.

7. slackjawed

slackjawed Self deported

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +645
    Obama is doing his share of talking, but so are the others. Obama is actually doing a fairly good job of conducting the meeting.
    he "promised" that they would get this worked out today. A statement that is going to come back to bite his butt, imo.

8. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,723
    I have it on and am watching it between things I'm doing. So far it appears to be a nice dog and pony show with little, if anything getting accomplished. President doesn't seem to be understanding that his plan is a pile of shit.

9. slackjawed

slackjawed Self deported

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +645
    Your right aboutthe dog and pony show remark, that seems pretty accurate. I think the democrats need "cover" to let the existing bill die. The republicans need "credit' for making it die.
    All partisan politics.
    I don't think that the president, or the other dems, thinks the existing bill is a "pile of shit". I don't think they will admit what they don't believe.

I do think both sides are looking for a way to use the failed bill to thier advantage in the next election.

10. Granny

Granny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,262
    I have it on, but have the volume turned down for the most part! So far, I think it's a joke. Most of the participants don't know what the hell they're talking about and His Arrogance doesn't seem interested in hearing from those who do at least have a basic grasp of the subject.

Frankly, the whole damned thing should be dropped and maybe revisited later on in a much smaller scale.

It's not that I'm opposed to those who don't have insurance would become covered, but take care of those people and leave the rest of the country alone - we already have insurance coverage. If you have 10 million people and only 100,000 of them have no insurance, it makes no sense to insist that ALL the people be covered in a "one-size-fits-all" scheme.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1