Fearing downcast about obama chances

decker

Oct 12, 2012
day by day. Polls seem to every day be going romney way. Nate sliver on real clear poilitics said romney had his best day yesterday in the polls. He leading most of the swing state it seems.

Unless the president comes out on tuesday and produce the performance of his life then i fear that Romney has already won this election deep down.

I still think we look back on October 3rd at the day everything changed in this election . I hope i am wrong.

It is doubtful that an Obama reelection will improve your well-being in the UK. He has done nothing to speak of that would point to a different tact in a second term if he should be elected. In fact US fiscal policy over these past four years has rather added to an increased risk of a global economic calamity.
Osbourne recently spoke of a triple threat to the global economy. The continued growth of US debt, uncertainty in the Eurozone and a slowdown in emerging market economies. Unfortunately, Osbourne is not the only one to say this.
The battle being waged to set this right is between those advocating that austerity measures be taken, versus those that see the way forward by stimulating economies through continued debt spending.
If you believe a recent IMF assessment, increasing taxes and curtailing spending will lead to falling GDP growth and require governments to borrow more, thereby increasing their debt. All seem to agree however that debt in an economic time bomb, with only two options available: reduce it or deal with the consequences.
Your wish for Obama to be reelected would seem to indicate your desire to see our country increase tax rates while continuing to spend us further into debt. Do you have another reason to hope for Obama's reelection?

It is doubtful that an Obama reelection will improve your well-being in the UK. He has done nothing to speak of that would point to a different tact in a second term if he should be elected. In fact US fiscal policy over these past four years has rather added to an increased risk of a global economic calamity.
Osbourne recently spoke of a triple threat to the global economy. The continued growth of US debt, uncertainty in the Eurozone and a slowdown in emerging market economies. Unfortunately, Osbourne is not the only one to say this.
The battle being waged to set this right is between those advocating that austerity measures be taken, versus those that see the way forward by stimulating economies through continued debt spending.
If you believe a recent IMF assessment, increasing taxes and curtailing spending will lead to falling GDP growth and require governments to borrow more, thereby increasing their debt. All seem to agree however that debt in an economic time bomb, with only two options available: reduce it or deal with the consequences.
Your wish for Obama to be reelected would seem to indicate your desire to see our country increase tax rates while continuing to spend us further into debt. Do you have another reason to hope for Obama's reelection?
Firstly i don,t wish to see your debt go up. I want his reelection because firstly due to my liberal view agree in balanced approch to a budget. Meaning i think debt needs to come down but also that rich should pay they fair share of taxes.

In uk george osbourne apporch has not worked. We cut to fast and its been flatlining mostly in terms of growth Their very little job creation and i don,t see the balanced approch needed to create jobs. Much of british media now saying he going to do a statement in winter saying he might need to borrow money to create growth. Which is thing he spent years saying he would not do. In uk he also very unpopulur because everyone can see he has no plan b.

we need to cut the debt but not as fast as osbourne being doing. He has no plan b behind his plans which is why been so little job growth.

but look i am not big fan of debt and i am sure a president romney want to come down. but i disagree with cutting too fast though

but look i respect your views and if romney wins i wish him the best of luck. a strong america is good for rest of the world

Firstly i don,t wish to see your debt go up. I want his reelection because firstly due to my liberal view agree in balanced approch to a budget. Meaning i think debt needs to come down but also that rich should pay they fair share of taxes.

In uk george osbourne apporch has not worked. We cut to fast and its been flatlining mostly in terms of growth Their very little job creation and i don,t see the balanced approch needed to create jobs. Much of british media now saying he going to do a statement in winter saying he might need to borrow money to create growth. Which is thing he spent years saying he would not do. In uk he also very unpopulur because everyone can see he has no plan b.

we need to cut the debt but not as fast as osbourne being doing. He has no plan b behind his plans which is why been so little job growth.

but look i am not big fan of debt and i am sure a president romney want to come down. but i disagree with cutting too fast though

but look i respect your views and if romney wins i wish him the best of luck. a strong america is good for rest of the world

Thanks Decker. I appreciate your views. I don't think Romney is the solution either but Obama seems even more reckless in his inexperience. I also do not believe that this issue will be resolved by increasing taxes (ie: more taxes, less GDP growth - more debt). We have to create a system wherein you don't have to rob the next generation in order to meet the needs of the present generation. We talk quite abit these days regarding sustainable development but have yet to address the issue of sustainable government. The principle is the same: to leave something better for the next generation.

Thanks Decker. I appreciate your views. I don't think Romney is the solution either but Obama seems even more reckless in his inexperience. I also do not believe that this issue will be resolved by increasing taxes (ie: more taxes, less GDP growth - more debt). We have to create a system wherein you don't have to rob the next generation in order to meet the needs of the present generation. We talk quite abit these days regarding sustainable development but have yet to address the issue of sustainable government. The principle is the same: to leave something better for the next generation.
you make some fair points. you want to not leave a generation in debt. but i don,t think its unfair to ask rich to pay little more in taxes. But also that debt does need to come down. i think obama wanted to do this but not been that succesful at doing it.

but their a way of doing it and romney would be unwise to follow osbourne approch of constant cutting at a fast rate. like i said it does not help job growth if you cut at a silly pace as it means more people out of work and looking for work which in turn means higher unemployment. so if romney does win i hope he takes a balanced approch unlike our conservative leaders.

Last edited:
Updated election forecasting model still points to Romney win, University of Colorado study says | University of Colorado Boulder

Its time for the k00ks to go through their medicine cabinets................discard shit that might be dangerous to your health as Thansgiving approaches.
like i said your guy Mitt romney will probally win the election with ease in the end. It was always uphill task for president with high unemployment but with poor peformance in the debate last week and swing states going against him it looking bleak.

So your right to be happy.

Forum List

Back