"Fear the Boom and Bust" a Hayek vs. Keynes Rap Anthem

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
[youtube]d0nERTFo-Sk[/youtube]

Aside from laying out the basics of the opposing ideologies of Hayek and Keynes, it's actually pretty funny.

Well it's worth posting again lol. ;)

Actually I didn't see yours, so my mistake.

This is pretty cool. Maybe this way the fucking pop culture saturated, dumbed down minds of America can get a grip on econ and actually LEARN something.

Yeah. It's surprisingly good for what it is lol. I figured it'd be terrible.

It was put together by a former professor of my University, Russ Roberts.

Last edited:

Well as a rap, it is definitely terrible :lol:

But the lyrics are very informative.

This would be the equivalent of teaching young children academic material via kiddie songs so that they can better understand it, and it makes learning more fun for them :lol:

Now high school homeboys have no excuse not to grasp the concept of economics.

This would be the equivalent of teaching young children academic material via kiddie songs so that they can better understand it, and it makes learning more fun for them :lol:

I don't know man, this might be up there with the best lyricists of all time. ;)

Though, on a serious note, it might honestly be the best track of 2010 I've heard so far lol. :doubt:

I don't know man, this might be up there with the best lyricists of all time. ;)

Though, on a serious note, it might honestly be the best track of 2010 I've heard so far lol. :doubt:

For what it offers, yeah it's definitely the best hip hop I've heard. There's not much coming out these days that's worth my ear time.

For what it offers, yeah it's definitely the best hip hop I've heard. There's not much coming out these days that's worth my ear time.

I will say what I've heard off Styles P and Green Lantern's Green Ghost Project is pretty nice though.

I will say what I've heard off Styles P and Green Lantern's Green Ghost Project is pretty nice though.

I like Styles, always have. I was listening to LOX before most people knew about them. Green Lant is always good with the tapes, too.

Last year's releases were collectively horrible though. The only two albums I liked all year were Raekwon's LOOOOOOONG awaited Cuban Linx 2, and the Royce da 5'9 album Street Hop.

Everything else was garbage, even my man Beanie's album was crap. It sounded like it was produced in someone's make-shift basement studio or something :lol:

I like Styles, always have. I was listening to LOX before most people knew about them. Green Lant is always good with the tapes, too.

Last year's releases were collectively horrible though. The only two albums I liked all year were Raekwon's LOOOOOOONG awaited Cuban Linx 2, and the Royce da 5'9 album Street Hop.

Everything else was garbage, even my man Beanie's album was crap. It sounded like it was produced in someone's make-shift basement studio or something :lol:

I didn't hear Beanie's album, or Royce's solo. But his group Slaughterhouse was amazing. That's the best album I've heard in years.

I didn't hear Beanie's album, or Royce's solo. But his group Slaughterhouse was amazing. That's the best album I've heard in years.

Did you peep the Raekwon album? That thing has been in the works for like over 10 years. He didn't want to do it until it was absolutely perfect and he could get the production he wanted. It was worth the wait. There's a pretty hot track on it with Styles and Jada too. My favorite on the album.

Did you peep the Raekwon album? That thing has been in the works for like over 10 years. He didn't want to do it until it was absolutely perfect and he could get the production he wanted. It was worth the wait. There's a pretty hot track on it with Styles and Jada too. My favorite on the album.

Honestly I didn't want to hear it because I figured it'd be garbage, especially compared to the original. But if it's really that good I'll have to check it out.

Honestly I didn't want to hear it because I figured it'd be garbage, especially compared to the original. But if it's really that good I'll have to check it out.
I'm not gonna say it's better than the first, but it's a good album.

I'm not gonna say it's better than the first, but it's a good album.

Well I'll look into it.

Forum List

Back