Fear of the Walking Season 2

You know the characters suck, when you are rooting for the walkers to get them.

Another bad episode in which these supposed survivors do one stupid thing after another.

1. You leave a large boat in the harbor in Mexico and it will get stolen. First why would anyone think going tonMexico is a good idea is beyond me.

2. Going to a hotel in which you know is going to be crawling with walkers is just plain stupid. They are going into there with no weapons and they don't even case the joint. Then they split up. Once the daughter is aware that most of the rooms are crawling with walkers, she decide fuck warning my mom and the fag, I need a shower! Again fucking stupid.

3. Your running low on gas, have no food or water and supposed harden survivors idea is to get piss drunk and make a ton of noise attracting dozens upon dozens of walkers. How did these assholes make it this far.

3. How stupid is the writing that leads us to believe a bar can hold back the walkers. Even walkers should be able to get over it.

4. Then the druggie decides to steal some snacks from the cartel and we are lead to believe he can talk his way of it. No way! They know the girl came to them because she is desperate for water. They would have killed Nick and waited for her to come back for more water. How dumb to the writers think the audience is. I was hoping Nick got off'ed and he is the only semi-decent character

I hope the writers are kill of someone. I hope it is Madison. What a shocker that would be. However I don't think people would mourn like they would when a character get off'ed on TWD. I think they would cheer. Please at least knock off the fag. Even though the daughter is hot, I wouldn't mind seeing her get off'ed.

Note: this week was once again horrible (The show has been horrible from the being) and it didn't include it's 2 worse characters: Chris and Travis. The next episode will probably be all about those 2, so expect another stinker

Yes I watch the show because I miss TWD, but this one better get better soon because it has be horrendous in a season and a half!

1. Stolen by who? At this point there are only so many people alive.

2. They don't know it's crawling with walkers. They are still getting used to the idea of the zombie apocalypse. Plus, they've been on the water for quite a while, so they have even less exposure to conditions than they otherwise would have.
The daughter finds out that someone marked the rooms that have walkers. She assumes that it is safe because there are no walkers roaming the halls. That wasn't the problem. The problem was that, apparently, the walkers could have walked over the balconies at any time but, for some reason, never did. I guess the point is supposed to be that they are the first people at the hotel since everyone died.

3. Walkers can't climb. Have they ever, in the history of the two shows, climbed anything? We're talking about creatures that impale themselves rather than step around things. :p Besides, it may be that some of the walkers will end up basically falling over the top of the bar.

4. They were going to kill Nick, but he had leverage with the drugs the leader's sister needs. It wasn't great writing for that sequence.

It's not nearly as good as TWD, but I think it's watchable.

Another bad episode in which these supposed survivors do one stupid thing after another.

1. You leave a large boat in the harbor in Mexico and it will get stolen. First why would anyone think going tonMexico is a good idea is beyond me.

2. Going to a hotel in which you know is going to be crawling with walkers is just plain stupid. They are going into there with no weapons and they don't even case the joint. Then they split up. Once the daughter is aware that most of the rooms are crawling with walkers, she decide fuck warning my mom and the fag, I need a shower! Again fucking stupid.

3. Your running low on gas, have no food or water and supposed harden survivors idea is to get piss drunk and make a ton of noise attracting dozens upon dozens of walkers. How did these assholes make it this far.

3. How stupid is the writing that leads us to believe a bar can hold back the walkers. Even walkers should be able to get over it.

4. Then the druggie decides to steal some snacks from the cartel and we are lead to believe he can talk his way of it. No way! They know the girl came to them because she is desperate for water. They would have killed Nick and waited for her to come back for more water. How dumb to the writers think the audience is. I was hoping Nick got off'ed and he is the only semi-decent character

I hope the writers are kill of someone. I hope it is Madison. What a shocker that would be. However I don't think people would mourn like they would when a character get off'ed on TWD. I think they would cheer. Please at least knock off the fag. Even though the daughter is hot, I wouldn't mind seeing her get off'ed.

Note: this week was once again horrible (The show has been horrible from the being) and it didn't include it's 2 worse characters: Chris and Travis. The next episode will probably be all about those 2, so expect another stinker

Yes I watch the show because I miss TWD, but this one better get better soon because it has be horrendous in a season and a half!

2. They don't know it's crawling with walkers. They are still getting used to the idea of the zombie apocalypse. Plus, they've been on the water for quite a while, so they have even less exposure to conditions than they otherwise would have.
The daughter finds out that someone marked the rooms that have walkers. She assumes that it is safe because there are no walkers roaming the halls. That wasn't the problem. The problem was that, apparently, the walkers could have walked over the balconies at any time but, for some reason, never did. I guess the point is supposed to be that they are the first people at the hotel since everyone died.

3. Walkers can't climb. Have they ever, in the history of the two shows, climbed anything? We're talking about creatures that impale themselves rather than step around things. :p Besides, it may be that some of the walkers will end up basically falling over the top of the bar.

4. They were going to kill Nick, but he had leverage with the drugs the leader's sister needs. It wasn't great writing for that sequence.

1. Anyone still alive with a small boat
2. Exactly they didn't know it was crawling. Even semi-smart people would check the place out before drink and making a ton of noise.
3. They have always been able to get over smaller objects like a table. They usually stumble over it.
4. The leverage was a mirage. They could have easily taken both of them back to their camp and demanded the drugs for both of them.

Nick is really the only semi-decent character and I put his likability around Carl's.

Early on in the the show in the original there was a walker that climbed over a fence

I think it was the first episode actually. And one also used a rock to break glass.

I think it was the first episode actually. And one also used a rock to break glass.

I definitely don't remember any walkers using tools.

I did just see someone comment about it on another site, though. The only explanation other than bad writing I can think of offhand is that perhaps at first zombies retain some small amount of intelligence which fades the longer they are undead.

Last edited:
I think last episode was one of the better episodes of the show. Nice suspense with Alicia. I thought it was cool how they tricked the walkers into the rooms.

I like the hotel back story.

I believe the white college kids that Chris befriends are like those guys from WD season 2 that Herschel, Rick and Glenn met in the bar and then they captured one.

They see the world as one without rules. They can rape, pillage and kill with immunity. I wonder how much Chris goes along with them.

However, I don't blame him for shooting the Mexican. He pointed a gun at them and then shot one of them. They might have been in the wrong, but when you shoot one of them bad things happen.

I think Travis is regretting leaving Madison for Chris. I predict he abandons Chris to go with his new friends.

I think last episode was one of the better episodes of the show. Nice suspense with Alicia. I thought it was cool how they tricked the walkers into the rooms.

I like the hotel back story.

I believe the white college kids that Chris befriends are like those guys from WD season 2 that Herschel, Rick and Glenn met in the bar and then they captured one.

They see the world as one without rules. They can rape, pillage and kill with immunity. I wonder how much Chris goes along with them.

However, I don't blame him for shooting the Mexican. He pointed a gun at them and then shot one of them. They might have been in the wrong, but when you shoot one of them bad things happen.

I think Travis is regretting leaving Madison for Chris. I predict he abandons Chris to go with his new friends.

I think that episode showed just how the characters in this show are still coming to grips with what the world is. We didn't see it as much in The Walking Dead because it started later and most of the people had already been living with the zombie apocalypse for some time before Rick woke up. With FTWD we're seeing a lot more of the transition, of people expecting the world to return to the way it was, the belief that some kind of authority still exists and will save everyone. It may be unrealistic, but I think it would be a fairly common reaction. Most of us, myself included, are completely unprepared for the kind of societal breakdown that goes on in this fictional world.

What's up with the dude who was bit and didn't become infected...

I would imagine that would be something that would happen from time to time out of 7 billion people but this is the first we've seen of it in the WD franchise

I would imagine that would be something that would happen from time to time out of 7 billion people but this is the first we've seen of it in the WD franchise

I'm wondering if they are going to explain it away somehow, perhaps it will turn out not to have been a walker that bit him. Otherwise, yeah, the possibility that a few people might be immune isn't crazy.

Just ain't feeling this show. If it wasn't for the regular series I'd have quit watching long ago. Waiting for a cross over. If it doesn't happen this season I'll likely quit watching

Just ain't feeling this show. If it wasn't for the regular series I'd have quit watching long ago. Waiting for a cross over. If it doesn't happen this season I'll likely quit watching

It definitely isn't as good as the original.

You might try the show Outcast. It's also from a Robert Kirkman comic. It's on Cinemax and it's a much better show than FTWD.

You might try the show Outcast. It's also from a Robert Kirkman comic. It's on Cinemax and it's a much better show than FTWD.
Is it available any other way? I don't do pay channels anymore

Is it available any other way? I don't do pay channels anymore

If you don't know anyone with Cinemax, I don't know. It will probably end up on Amazon or Netflix or some other streaming service, but the first season just ended not that long ago.

The first episode is available on youtube if you feel like checking it out.

2 things.. 1, I'm having a problem with the masking thing. In the original they would literally cover themselves with guts and other insides and cake themselves with blood. In this one they barely put any blood on themselves at all and no actual body parts. It's like the producers are lazy and don't feel like going the extra mile and really getting the characters covered in shit.. I don't buy that a little bit of dead blood wiped on your face and arms is enough to mask yourself.

Also, it's weird as fuck when you see that the actors are British and have the accent. I would've never guessed nick was British

2 things.. 1, I'm having a problem with the masking thing. In the original they would literally cover themselves with guts and other insides and cake themselves with blood. In this one they barely put any blood on themselves at all and no actual body parts. It's like the producers are lazy and don't feel like going the extra mile and really getting the characters covered in shit.. I don't buy that a little bit of dead blood wiped on your face and arms is enough to mask yourself.

Also, it's weird as fuck when you see that the actors are British and have the accent. I would've never guessed nick was British

It's pretty common to have British actors playing Americans. They are better at an American accent than I am at a British one! :lol:

The show is better when they focus on Nick and the Latina chick. I think she is a welcome addition. Too bad the rest of the characters suckZ

Madison once again proves to be a fool and a horrible character.

At least we didn't have to see Travis and Crazy Chris.

I actually think the show has gotten better.

Glad they killed off the worst main character in Chris. He is right up there with Dale as most annoying character in TWD universe.

Madison, Travis and Aylicia's characters still suck, but Travis's ass kicking of those two kids was great, but completely unnecessary. They didn't kill Chris. Chris fell asleep at the wheel, flipped the truck, was in the middle of no where and had 2 broken legs. He was done for. The 2 kids were assholes but Chris's death was entirely his fault.

It was an extremely hypocritical Travis move to kill them and to make matters worse he killed an innocent guy at the hotel. Travis is back for 5 mins and he ruins the sanctuary that Madison and Alycia nearly died clearing out. Then he forces Alycia to kill a doctor, who was a good guy. Yep Travis still sucks.

Nick and his Mexican girlfriend are still the best characters. However, I don't see why they couldn't have fought for the colonia? They should have waited until all the Mexican gangsters to be in the middle of the zombie horde and then they should have attacked. That would have made more sense.

Bye bye a Strand, your character OK. I think he will be like Morgan and we won't see him again for a few seasons.

The show has gotten better.

I actually think the show has gotten better.

Glad they killed off the worst main character in Chris. He is right up there with Dale as most annoying character in TWD universe.

Madison, Travis and Aylicia's characters still suck, but Travis's ass kicking of those two kids was great, but completely unnecessary. They didn't kill Chris. Chris fell asleep at the wheel, flipped the truck, was in the middle of no where and had 2 broken legs. He was done for. The 2 kids were assholes but Chris's death was entirely his fault.

It was an extremely hypocritical Travis move to kill them and to make matters worse he killed an innocent guy at the hotel. Travis is back for 5 mins and he ruins the sanctuary that Madison and Alycia nearly died clearing out. Then he forces Alycia to kill a doctor, who was a good guy. Yep Travis still sucks.

Nick and his Mexican girlfriend are still the best characters. However, I don't see why they couldn't have fought for the colonia? They should have waited until all the Mexican gangsters to be in the middle of the zombie horde and then they should have attacked. That would have made more sense.

Bye bye a Strand, your character OK. I think he will be like Morgan and we won't see him again for a few seasons.

The show has gotten better.

Travis doesn't know exactly what happened with Chris. He certainly couldn't trust the two guys to be telling him the truth about it. After seeing what they did with their friend in the barn, it's not unreasonable for him to think they killed Chris when they could have helped him instead.

Yes, it was hypocritical to kill the two guys.....but he just found out they killed his son. Do you expect rationality there? :p He certainly did screw things up for Madison and Alicia.

Nick is probably the best character, but still annoys me. He always seems a bit whiney.

The people in Colonia would not have been able to fend off the attackers. They were families for the most part, and sheltered from the realities of the post-zombie apocalypse world somewhat. Also they are sort of a crazy cult. :lol:

The show is clearly moving toward more of a TWD dynamic, getting past the transition from the normal world to the zombie world. That finale was all about the remaining characters resigning themselves to having to kill to survive in this world.

It's never going to be as good as the original, but it's still a watchable show.

An odd thought occurred to me yesterday. They call the zombies the 'walkers', some called them the 'biters',

how come nobody on the shows just calls them 'zombies'? think about it.
because ''zombies'' is a pop culture thing, it's trite. the only way to make the post-apocalyptic world play out right is for the characters to present the things as a phenomena they could not possibly have anticipated, like they've never heard of it before. otherwise you might as well be watching z nation.

Forum List

Back