Fear Of Religion

[I realize it’s hard to understand so many things in the Old Testament, but if you study more and not kick against it or believe "man" who kicks agains it, and ask Jesus Christ yourself to help you understand more about it..He will.

I know this is your belief, but stop telling nonbelievers that we need to turn our brains off and spend more time reading your magic book, and everything will be fine. It's completely ignorant. Many, if not most, nonbelievers have struggled every bit as hard with the issue of faith as you have. Your assumptions are insulting.

I grew up in Christianity, I taught Sunday School for years, and I was a committed and faithful believer. I guarantee that I've spent as much or more time studying your illogical fairy tales as you have. And, what I eventually concluded, after years of soul searching, was that it was simply not logical. Leaving Christianity was one of the most difficult decisions in my life.

I mean, I GET IT. I understand where you're coming from, you mean to be helpful and kind, and frankly, I probably said the same stuff you do during the brainwashed years, but if I'd known how condescending it sounded, I'd have saved my breath.

You are a nice lady, but damn.

Sok, I understand. Thing is, there is misinformation out there, some may just not know it. I can't make anyone do anything, nor should I. Nor can I make anyone believe. For me, its sharing rather as an encouragement... however, right like you said, people choose for themselves, they will do what they want. We're all just learning.

Eh, Jesus was pretty cool, but I don't need to worship his father who has a pattern of random genocide in order to avoid being immoral and chaotic.

That is because you do not yet understand the relationship yet, the Trinity. Yes, it’s a great mystery, even the Bible says so. It’s amazing. Upon being born again by His Spirit, the Lord will reveal more to you about the Father by His Spirit. One God, three persons. Even still, a great mystery.

As for peace in the "world" even Jesus Christ our Lord said this Himself…

Even in preaching His Word God knew it would cause division as some people will not receive it. Plus we got Satan and his followers in there deceiving tons of people, which deceive more and more people, and eventually a great falling away as said in the Bible also.

Peace and humility comes when we realize we can’t do it on our own, when we trust in HIM, and repent from not believing Him in the first place, and realize we are all sinners, in need of daily repentance and His sanctification.

Humility is partly admitting we are sinners, that we are very capable of hurting others, we are not better than others; we are all in the same boat, and that we need the LORD.

In the “world” we will NEVER have true peace; will WILL have tribulations...just like Jesus said also, and to date, His Word holds true, and it will hold true until the end. It is in HIM we have peace, and it is HE that has overcome the world by His love, His sacrifice... all for us.

I realize it’s hard to understand so many things in the Old Testament, but if you study more and not kick against it or believe "man" who kicks agains it, and ask Jesus Christ yourself to help you understand more about it..He will.

If you want...here’s some topic examples in regard to this in Bible Questions Answered. For the hard questions in the Bible, alot of times just Google them. Then test for sure what is taught by any site for yourself with God's Word. Make sure it's not a false teaching. Yes, that means don't believe me even, lol...search the scriptures yourself.

Why did God condone such terrible violence in the Old Testament?

What does the Bible say about war?
Jesus’ second coming will be exceedingly violent. Revelation 19:11-21 describes the ultimate war with Christ, the conquering commander who judges and makes war “with justice” (v. 11). It’s going to be bloody (v. 13) and gory. The birds will eat the flesh of all those who oppose Him (v. 17-18). He has no compassion upon His enemies, whom He will conquer completely and consign to a “fiery lake of burning sulfur” (v. 20).

It is an error to say that God never supports a war. Jesus is not a pacifist. In a world filled with evil people, sometimes war is necessary to prevent even greater evil. If Hitler had not been defeated by World War II, how many more millions would have been killed? If the American Civil War had not been fought, how much longer would African-Americans have had to suffer as slaves?

What does the Bible teach about the Trinity?

That is because you do not yet understand the relationship yet, the Trinity.

This is the most widely abused fallacy of the Christian dogma. You are in error. I understand your religion entirely. The false premise that one can have no understanding until one submits to it is nonsense.

If you understand, and I'm in error, who do you say Jesus Christ is, oh wise one?

Yanno.......the Trinity is a concept invented by the Catholic church as a way to sell Christianity to the pagans.

Yanno, I'm not Catholic and never will be, but when we read the Bible we can see that the Trinity is fully there. Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

http://carm.org/cut-trinity
The Trinity is pagan
Saying it is pagan means nothing
. i. The question is whether or not it is biblical. Are there verses that show that the F., S., & H.S. are each God, each indwell, each have a will, each loves, etc.? Yes there are.
ii.The F., S., & H.S. are each called God (F., Phil. 1:2), (S., John 1:1,14; Col. 2:9), (H.S., Acts 5:3-4). Each has a will (F., Luke 22:42), (S., Luke 22:42), H.S., (1 Cor. 12:11). Each is all knowing (F., 1 John 3:20), (S., John 16:30; 21:17), (H.S., 1 Cor. 2:10-11), etc.

Phil 1:2 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. <--(One of Jesus Name's is the Word of God)

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

...and so on..

Last edited:
That is because you do not yet understand the relationship yet, the Trinity. Yes, it&#8217;s a great mystery, even the Bible says so. It&#8217;s amazing. Upon being born again by His Spirit, the Lord will reveal more to you about the Father by His Spirit. One God, three persons. Even still, a great mystery.

As for peace in the "world" even Jesus Christ our Lord said this Himself&#8230;

Even in preaching His Word God knew it would cause division as some people will not receive it. Plus we got Satan and his followers in there deceiving tons of people, which deceive more and more people, and eventually a great falling away as said in the Bible also.

Peace and humility comes when we realize we can&#8217;t do it on our own, when we trust in HIM, and repent from not believing Him in the first place, and realize we are all sinners, in need of daily repentance and His sanctification.

Humility is partly admitting we are sinners, that we are very capable of hurting others, we are not better than others; we are all in the same boat, and that we need the LORD.

In the &#8220;world&#8221; we will NEVER have true peace; will WILL have tribulations...just like Jesus said also, and to date, His Word holds true, and it will hold true until the end. It is in HIM we have peace, and it is HE that has overcome the world by His love, His sacrifice... all for us.

I realize it&#8217;s hard to understand so many things in the Old Testament, but if you study more and not kick against it or believe "man" who kicks agains it, and ask Jesus Christ yourself to help you understand more about it..He will.

If you want...here&#8217;s some topic examples in regard to this in Bible Questions Answered. For the hard questions in the Bible, alot of times just Google them. Then test for sure what is taught by any site for yourself with God's Word. Make sure it's not a false teaching. Yes, that means don't believe me even, lol...search the scriptures yourself.

Why did God condone such terrible violence in the Old Testament?

What does the Bible say about war?

What does the Bible teach about the Trinity?

This is the most widely abused fallacy of the Christian dogma. You are in error. I understand your religion entirely. The false premise that one can have no understanding until one submits to it is nonsense.

If you understand, and I'm in error, who do you say Jesus Christ is, oh wise one?

Jesus, similar to Muhammad and Moses was an opportunist, possibly a scammer and like the others well spoken and convincing at a time in history when his message was received well by a less than critical audience. One needs to keep in mind the education of the average person at the time. Nada..nothing...zippola. With the state of western civilization at the time anyone that could coherently talk about justice and fairness in a society that was anything but that had a very hungry potential following.

What were the Jews and the Romans offering to the masses. Pain. Period. Jesus spoke of love when no one else did. But then so did Charlie Manson and Jim Jones. Taking advantage of the pain of castaways and molding them to your own purposes is not a new scam nor is it an exhaustible one. There always were as there are now people full of fear and pain looking for some alternative..Some choose suicide..some religion.

That all said I don't think Jesus was a bad man in any way..especially considering what else was going on in his day.

As for him being some special being such as the literal son of some super omnipotent god creature...rubbish.

Virgin Mary? PUUUULLEEEZZ!!! Joseph

Resurrection? Oh! you mean like that kid that was underwater for twenty minutes and was revived? maybe.. No? You mean he was clearly dead(and that can be proven) for a day or two and all by himself moved the big rock at the entrance of his tomb?

You people are on crack.

Last edited:

Jesus, similar to Muhammad and Moses was an opportunist, possibly a scammer and like the others well spoken and convincing at a time in history when his message was received well by a less than critical audience. One needs to keep in mind the education of the average person at the time. Nada..nothing...zippola. With the state of western civilization at the time anyone that could coherently talk about justice and fairness in a society that was anything but that had a very hungry potential following.

What were the Jews and the Romans offering to the masses. Pain. Period. Jesus spoke of love when no one else did. But then so did Charlie Manson and Jim Jones. Taking advantage of the pain of castaways and molding them to your own purposes is not a new scam nor is it an exhaustible one. There always were as there are now people full of fear and pain looking for some alternative..Some choose suicide..some religion.

That all said I don't think Jesus was a bad man in any way..especially considering what else was going on in his day.

As for him being some special being such as the literal son of some super omnipotent god creature...rubbish.

Resurrection? Oh! you mean like that kid that was underwater for twenty minutes and was revived? maybe.. No? You mean he was clearly dead(and that can be proven) for a day or two and all by himself moved the big rock at the entrance of his tomb?

You people are on crack.

What? Makes no sense.... Jesus Christ was possibly a scammer, but not a bad man, you say? And then you compare Him to Jim Jones and Manson?

Please feel free to share with me what sin Jesus Christ committed and how you could ever possibly compare Him to Jim Jones and Manson.

If "we people" <-- (always an indicator, there ) are on crack, you must be on heroine, lol :tongue:

Last edited:
Yanno.......the Trinity is a concept invented by the Catholic church as a way to sell Christianity to the pagans.

Yanno, I'm not Catholic and never will be, but when we read the Bible we can see that the Trinity is fully there. Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

God as a Trinity | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry
The Trinity is pagan
Saying it is pagan means nothing
. i. The question is whether or not it is biblical. Are there verses that show that the F., S., & H.S. are each God, each indwell, each have a will, each loves, etc.? Yes there are.
ii.The F., S., & H.S. are each called God (F., Phil. 1:2), (S., John 1:1,14; Col. 2:9), (H.S., Acts 5:3-4). Each has a will (F., Luke 22:42), (S., Luke 22:42), H.S., (1 Cor. 12:11). Each is all knowing (F., 1 John 3:20), (S., John 16:30; 21:17), (H.S., 1 Cor. 2:10-11), etc.

Phil 1:2 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. <--(One of Jesus Name's is the Word of God)

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

...and so on..

Hey stupid......if you use the KJV of the Bible, you'll understand (if you read history), that it is a heavily edited book (done by the Niecine council), and was edited by CATHOLICS!

Which means you're using a book written by Catholics. Incidentally, the OT is MUCH different if you read it in Hebrew. The first verse of the Bible wasn't "in the beginning", it's actually "in A beginning", as well as the 10 Commandments don't say "thou shalt not kill" it's actually "thou shalt not MURDER".

Then there's the whole Pagan thing............

Easter is held on the Spring solstice every year. Interestingly enough, the Romans used the timing of Passover (when Yeshua was crucified) and tied it in to the Spring solstice as a way to sell it to the pagans. Additionally, if you look at a calendar, there are sometimes that Passover comes AFTER Easter, so.........unless Yeshua time traveled back just to get crucified, there's a problem.

There's also the timing of His birth. If you'd actually READ the books that tell when He was born (tax time), you'd understand that taxes were taken up after the harvest and BEFORE winter. The Catholics tied it to December 25th, because that is roughly the time of the Winter solstice, as a way to sell their religion to the pagans.

Try learning some history and get back to me.

...and so on..

Hey stupid......if you use the KJV of the Bible, you'll understand (if you read history), that it is a heavily edited book (done by the Niecine council), and was edited by CATHOLICS!

Which means you're using a book written by Catholics. Incidentally, the OT is MUCH different if you read it in Hebrew. The first verse of the Bible wasn't "in the beginning", it's actually "in A beginning", as well as the 10 Commandments don't say "thou shalt not kill" it's actually "thou shalt not MURDER".

Easter is held on the Spring solstice every year. Interestingly enough, the Romans used the timing of Passover (when Yeshua was crucified) and tied it in to the Spring solstice as a way to sell it to the pagans. Additionally, if you look at a calendar, there are sometimes that Passover comes AFTER Easter, so.........unless Yeshua time traveled back just to get crucified, there's a problem.

There's also the timing of His birth. If you'd actually READ the books that tell when He was born (tax time), you'd understand that taxes were taken up after the harvest and BEFORE winter. The Catholics tied it to December 25th, because that is roughly the time of the Winter solstice, as a way to sell their religion to the pagans.

Jimeny Crickets, I repeat, I'm NOT CATHOLIC!! LOL @ calling me stupid and an idiot and neg repping me on other post. Whatever turns your crank, "Mr. Holier than thou", lol.

Back At Ya- If you'd actually READ the Holy Bible yourself, you'd see there is no mention of Christmas nor Easter celebration from Jesus Christ/His Word. However worshipping Him is obviously done and is a-okay!! Most put no harm in celebrating Christmas, and rather celebrate it to focus on HIM - it's a tradtion many Protestants have just clung to down from the RCC. As for my belief personally, I think it's gone freaking commercialized more than anything. Do I celebrate it? Yes, but mostly the "pagan" way because I love my family and want to spend time with them and it's been the tradition. Do we talk about Jesus? Nope. For me, I treat it as more as a family get together. (Most of my family are not believers) Do I judge other believers for celebrating Christmas? Nope, nor should I. If they want to focus on Christ that day, awesome. It's as every day.

And however God did it, or whomever He used to put His Holy Word together as we know it now is fine by me! It's still HIS WORD. And as if I'd believe you before Him - no way never.

How and when was the canon of the Bible put together?

What does it mean that the Bible is inspired?

What is the Bible?

You people are on crack.

What? Makes no sense.... Jesus Christ was possibly a scammer, but not a bad man, you say? And then you compare Him to Jim Jones and Manson?

Please feel free to share with me what sin Jesus Christ committed and how you could ever possibly compare Him to Jim Jones and Manson.

If "we people" <-- (always an indicator, there ) are on crack, you must be on heroine, lol :tongue:

There are many parallels between Jesus and Jones and Manson. In his day Jesus was feared and smeared by the establishment. He was convicted as a common criminal and a threat to the state and the community.

Manson was reported to have performed miracles one being the famous resurrection of a dead dove in the desert. Manson did not participate in the famous killings in Los Angeles. The killers were not specifically instructed by him ...they took it upon themselves to perform their grisly deeds to please him. Millions of Christians have killed in the name of Jesus.

Jones followers believed in him also and would do anything including mass suicide to please him.

You people are on crack.

There are many parallels between Jesus and Jones and Manson. In his day Jesus was feared and smeared by the establishment. He was convicted as a common criminal and a threat to the state and the community.

Manson was reported to have performed miracles one being the famous resurrection of a dead dove in the desert. Manson did not participate in the famous killings in Los Angeles. The killers were not specifically instructed by him ...they took it upon themselves to perform their grisly deeds to please him. Millions of Christians have killed in the name of Jesus.

Jones followers believed in him also and would do anything including mass suicide to please him.

So if Manson was born thousands of years ago, he would be considered a prophet and devine by God?

So if Manson was born thousands of years ago, he would be considered a prophet and devine by God?

I am not trying to say that Manson was equal to Jesus as reported in the bible stories about him. We cannot forget that Manson was indeed a murderer. He was known to have killed at least two people himself in an incident unrelated to the gathering at the ranch.

There is no God so rumors of his declaration of prophesy and divinity are highly exaggerated.

I am not trying to say that Manson was equal to Jesus as reported in the bible stories about him. We cannot forget that Manson was indeed a murderer. He was known to have killed at least two people himself in an incident unrelated to the gathering at the ranch.

There is no God so rumors of his declaration of prophesy and divinity are highly exaggerated.

I am not saying Manson would be like Jesus either but I think people were more niaeve thousands of years ago and they would have fallen for his hustle hook line and sinker.

I am not saying Manson would be like Jesus either but I think people were more niaeve thousands of years ago and they would have fallen for his hustle hook line and sinker.

Manson was also a petty thief which most likely would have got him killed or maimed long before he could have developed any street cred.

Manson was also a petty thief which most likely would have got him killed or maimed long before he could have developed any street cred.

Hmm good point, you think Jim Jones or David Koresh would have been considered prophets back in the day? those guys had alot of followers willing to lay down their lives for them.

Hmm good point, you think Jim Jones or David Koresh would have been considered prophets back in the day? those guys had alot of followers willing to lay down their lives for them.

Jones wasn't unlike the original Mormans..the Hemites? I can't remember the name exactly but it is in the Book of Morman. They peeled off from the usual band of Christian suspects and wandered around fighting with just about everyone they came into contact with. They mostly got their asses handed to them as just about everyone thought that they were crazy.

Jimeny Crickets, I repeat, I'm NOT CATHOLIC!! LOL @ calling me stupid and an idiot and neg repping me on other post. Whatever turns your crank, "Mr. Holier than thou", lol.

Back At Ya- If you'd actually READ the Holy Bible yourself, you'd see there is no mention of Christmas nor Easter celebration from Jesus Christ/His Word. However worshipping Him is obviously done and is a-okay!! Most put no harm in celebrating Christmas, and rather celebrate it to focus on HIM - it's a tradtion many Protestants have just clung to down from the RCC. As for my belief personally, I think it's gone freaking commercialized more than anything. Do I celebrate it? Yes, but mostly the "pagan" way because I love my family and want to spend time with them and it's been the tradition. Do we talk about Jesus? Nope. For me, I treat it as more as a family get together. (Most of my family are not believers) Do I judge other believers for celebrating Christmas? Nope, nor should I. If they want to focus on Christ that day, awesome. It's as every day.

And however God did it, or whomever He used to put His Holy Word together as we know it now is fine by me! It's still HIS WORD. And as if I'd believe you before Him - no way never.

How and when was the canon of the Bible put together?

What does it mean that the Bible is inspired?

What is the Bible?

Like I said ya dumb bitch, if you're using a KJV Bible, you're USING A BOOK WRITTEN AND EDITED BY CATHOLICS!!!!!!

If you celebrate Christmas and Easter at the same time as everyone else (i.e. the solstice), then you are contributing to pagan rituals in the practice of your Christianity.

As far as God's actual Word? I'll give you a hint, it's not the Bible per se. It's the first 5 books of the Bible, written in their ORIGINAL language which is Hebrew. It's called the Torah.

The rest of the OT is simply a history of the Jewish people.

The NT is written by a bunch of men, trying to document the life of Yeshua.

The Catholics HEAVILY edited the books of the OT, leaving many things out.

Nope, sorry, you don't even know much about the history of your own book.

...and Jesus was such a gentle and loving spirit who comforted and healed the sick, sensitive enough to feel a woman's return to health when she reached out and just touched his garment's hem.

His believers brought about an earnest longing for freedom in early America, and they fought bitter odds, losing loved ones left and right to make sure their children's children and all of us would be free.

I'm sorry to see such angry criticism against the one person in the world who did no wrong and resisted worldly temptations in the wilderness for 40 days and nights.

Have a thoughtful evening and week, all.

Only good thoughts, love, and regards,

becki

Forum List

Back