Fear Of Religion

Now...Now...kids... Let's not get this moved to a foodfight forum! :lol:

I'm sorry Sky Dancerer... I understand that you are gay.. There is nothing wrong with that on any level... You are proud and rightly so.

HouseGimp is a faggot. He is not proud of his homosexuality and does not represent his homosexuality well on any level. I have to side with High Gravity on this.. he deserves any and all insults that come his way. Choosing to align yourself with him based solely on sexual orientation is unfortunate. He does not deserve your support.

You guys are really funny. You talk so brave. Why don't you just sit back and laugh when we go to church or pray. According to you, only a fool would do that. What does it hurt. I bet you don't celebrate Walmart Day on the 25 of Dec either.

Living a golden rule type of life is not a bad thing. God has taught me that he will not do for me what I can do for my self so don't push too hard because you don't know me and I can push back pretty good.

you needed god to teach you that?

It has helped me but it appears that you are unteachable, good luck with that if I turn out to be right.

i am eminently teachable.

but some stuff i can teach myself.

like: sitting around will not feed me.
I agree I am almost 69 and still working full time. I think the difference is that I believe but if you don't want to that is OK with me and I will not get in your face. Most Christians don't. It is what I call the Sunday School variety that go around arguing all the time. Just ignore them if you can. They sound great on Sunday but my MOnday they are different people.

It has helped me but it appears that you are unteachable, good luck with that if I turn out to be right.

I agree I am almost 69 and still working full time. I think the difference is that I believe but if you don't want to that is OK with me and I will not get in your face. Most Christians don't. It is what I call the Sunday School variety that go around arguing all the time. Just ignore them if you can. They sound great on Sunday but my MOnday they are different people.

Monday? Shit.........they're drinking and whoring on Saturday. Besides, where do you think hangover cures came from? That's right.......drunks from Saturday trying to sober up enough to walk into church on Sunday.

I am glad I am here today, I have learned so much. I have trouble judging people I have never met but in the future I will make sure to contact you if I need to know about someone I have never met.

Monday? Shit.........they're drinking and whoring on Saturday. Besides, where do you think hangover cures came from? That's right.......drunks from Saturday trying to sober up enough to walk into church on Sunday.

hair of the dog that bit you,

juicy mass wine.

It is religious people, (Christians) who want to execute gays in Uganda. It is Muslims who want to execute us in Iran.

Gays have much to fear from religion.

We have quite a few "Sunday" Christians here.

I'm sorry Sky Dancerer... I understand that you are gay.. There is nothing wrong with that on any level... You are proud and rightly so.

HouseGimp is a faggot. He is not proud of his homosexuality and does not represent his homosexuality well on any level. I have to side with High Gravity on this.. he deserves any and all insults that come his way. Choosing to align yourself with him based solely on sexual orientation is unfortunate. He does not deserve your support.

I understand that men and boys like to use anti-gay slurs. I'm sorry, but to me, it's the equivalent of callling a black person, (especially someone you don't like), a "******".

I have no idea who "Housegimp" is. I am not posting this to support him. I point out how offensive that slur is to me. I don't like any racial slurs or anti-gay slurs.

I realize you don't understand that, and it's not going to stop you, but I have to be heard on it.

Last edited:
It is religious people, (Christians) who want to execute gays in Uganda. It is Muslims who want to execute us in Iran.

Gays have much to fear from religion.

Then they need to fight back. Any people that doesn't fight for their own survival enables oppression, and are destined to be little more than a paragraph in a history book.

I completely agree. That's why I continue to speak out against the oppression of gay people by religious wingnuts.

I take TONS of crap for it. But it's worth it. I owe it to the memory of my father.

I understand that men and boys like to use anti-gay slurs. I'm sorry, but to me, it's the equivalent of callling a black person, (especially someone you don't like), a "******".

I have no idea who "Housegimp" is. I am not posting this to support him. I point out how offensive that slur is to me. I don't like any racial slurs or anti-gay slurs.

I realize you don't understand that, and it's not going to stop you, but I have to be heard on it.

I try to stay away from sweeping generalities.... so do most of my real world friends...some of which have called me "******"(it always cracks me up)...can't say anybody that knows me personally has called me a faggot.

I appreciate you want and need to be heard on this off topic. I wouldn't have brought it up except that it was HouseGimps comment associated with this thread on a neg rep. You are welcome to correct me as you see the need on any topic I start or reply to. You already know that I respect your sensitivity. I just won't Sky Dance around it as that is not my style.

Maybe part of what you do not get about me and maybe other straight people(guys that is) is that we are competitive and unforgiving of bad form ourselves.

I don't hate HouseGimp because he is gay. He disgusts me on many levels and his closet homosexuality is just an insignificant part of it. One thing I will not do is pull punches with those that pretend to know better. I will always try to bend over backwards to accommodate the young, women, the disadvantaged and those who's lack of strength is no fault of their own. Those that make it a point to willfully ignorantly be my adversary I make a point to crush if it doesn't take up more energy than their destruction is worth. Ya ....It's a juvenile guy thing..I get it..I'm desperately trying to cling to what is left of my youth...:lol:

Fear of religion would be like this (for example)

Islamophobe (is-slahm-o-fohb) - A non-Muslim who knows more than they are supposed to know about Islam.

Islamophobia is a fear of losing life or liberty to Islamic rule merely because the laws, sacred texts, and traditional practices of Islam demand the submission of culture, politics, religion and all social expression. It tends to afflict those most familiar with the religion, while sparing the more gullible.

------------------------------------------

Now to say I'm standing up to religion for those reasons, I would be deemed to have a phobia of religion by the religious community.
Likewise about those religious who attack Atheism.

Fear of religion would be like this (for example)

Islamophobe (is-slahm-o-fohb) - A non-Muslim who knows more than they are supposed to know about Islam.

Islamophobia is a fear of losing life or liberty to Islamic rule merely because the laws, sacred texts, and traditional practices of Islam demand the submission of culture, politics, religion and all social expression. It tends to afflict those most familiar with the religion, while sparing the more gullible.

------------------------------------------

Now to say I'm standing up to religion for those reasons, I would be deemed to have a phobia of religion by the religious community.
Likewise about those religious who attack Atheism.

IMO Islam is just another symptom of ignorance and fear. The fear drives some of them to madness and the religion facilitates it...it is the same for many Christians.

Forum List

Back