CDZ Fear and guns....a discussion.

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by 2aguy, Jan 27, 2016.

1. DarkFury

DarkFury Platinum Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,804
    I think when push comes to shove the military will break and side with the people. DHS is the group you need to worry about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg PROUD Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,266

I'm sorry, but I don't get your point. What EXACTLY are you saying? That we should merely give up the second amendment? To what ends? To make people "fell better" about themselves? You say our "friends and allies" have a much lower death rate because of guns? Well, no kidding. Those "friends and allies" that you speak of have COMBINED less populations than we do. So, because their "death toll" is smaller, that justifies our "falling into line"? I don't think so.

Now, imagine that you are say, Russia and you decide one day to invade the Mainland US. You will be fighting bands of civilian guerrillas for the next 50 years along with the US military. believe me, as one who fought in Viet Nam - that is a war you can never win. So, your answer is what, when tyranny rears it's ugly head? Talk them to death? Remember this: You can put up one hell of a fight with those "handguns and hunting rifles".

Bottom line? There have been millions of men who have fought and died for the idea of "freedom". America is one of the very few countries that places "freedom" above all else. Above men, above ideals, above party and above state. I have no intention of giving up those RIGHTS that so many have fought and died for. And anyone who desires to rob me of my birthright that was so hard fought for is an enemy of mine.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. gtopa1

gtopa1 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,177
    Depends what you mean by "gun rights".No Clintonism meant. We don't have the same rights to fireamrs that the USA has via the Constitution but for the US very much so. Here, I find the laws relating to guns to be overly bureaucratic but livable. I prefer the US Laws but...not the same rights here.

4. Elvis Obama

Elvis Obama VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +480
    Do you understand/believe in the concept of soft power? If so, everything I've said is self evident. If not, you will reject any such reasoning. There are not too many deniers of the validity of the concept of soft power, even amongst conservative foreign affairs experts. That kind of denial is pretty common on forum boards, though.

As far as your assessment of Russia invading the US goes, what happened to our army? Our vastly superior fighting force? Shouldn't we give them a crack before turning to the VFW?

Yes, the Founding Fathers were wise to reserve the right to defend themselves against tyranny to the individual citizen. Unfortunately, what worked in 1791 doesn't work today. I find it astonishing that you could believe that conditions are exactly the same today. That the establishment of a standing army hasn't changed the dynamic. That guns occupy exactly the same place in modern day culture that they did in 1791.

FWIW, the second amendment died when the US declared a standing army, and militias ceased to exist. Your right to own guns has nothing to do with the second amendment, until the current morons on the SC decided that the 2nd amendment meant something that no other court in US history found it to mean. That either makes the Robert's court smarter than every other court we've had, or the explanation for their decision lies elsewhere. Even after they declared a right where no other court has found a right to exist, gun rights extremists STILL don't feel secure in their constitutional rights. That's pathetic.

5. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,974

No...the 2nd Amendment is far more important today...especially since so many foolish people want to just give it up....

Can you explain why the most powerful military force in the world is just walkiing away from a bunch of barbarians who are armed with rifles and improvised explosives?

Why are we still concerned...because of foolish people who are willing to let the Right to Bear arms be eaten away a little at a time.......law by law, tax by tax.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,974

And you are also wrong.,.,..the the right to bear arms was ours long before the Constitution was ever created.......

7. theliq

theliq BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,048
    For you attention please type in..>>>>> theconversation.com/faking-waves-how-the-nra-and-pro-gun-americans-...

so much for you and your possee blathers

8. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,974

Yeah...it isn't coming through......got another way in?

9. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,312
    If you have a gun that doesn't mean you're afraid. If you're obsessed with guns, make up conspiracy theories in your head that people want to take away your guns and appear to use guns to compensate for woefully inadequate genitalia........yes, you're a scared wuss

10. theliq

theliq BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,048
    I got in,try ...Australian rapes compared to the USA