CDZ Fear and guns....a discussion.

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by 2aguy, Jan 27, 2016.

1. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,453

And your gun ownership rate is back where it was before the confiscation.....and your gun violence rates are going up.......with your extreme gun control laws and after your confiscation.........and your women....are being raped in huge numbers....I remember when I first started on U.S. message, the biggest thread on the Australian forum was about the rape problem in Australia.....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg PROUD Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,266

So much for clean debate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,453

It's not the NRA...it is the Australian press...you have to actually look at the Australian press because no one else is covering the increase in gun crime in Australia...

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48,452
    Luddly Neddite?? How often do you see hero wannabe froot loops (as you put it) carrying? When have you had to call the police and when have they come to "vacate the area?" Drama much?

5. Elvis Obama

Elvis Obama VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +480
    Hmmmn, I grew up in the generation after the hippies, and we all pretty much hated the hippies (loved the music, hated the phony values). I don't think there's been much of a resurgence of that kind of delusional mindset, though the fashions pop up from time to time.

It's not hippie mentality which drives anti-gun sentiment, it's death. The numbers are something which translates to a chart showing the US with a biiig death bar and our friends and allies with much smaller bars. Reason doesn't win the international argument, as the link I posted above to the Council on Foreign Relations notes. It's all about prestige and influence.

It's death which drives the US politicians, too. What would you do if you were given an impossible job to do? Punt? Do showy things which accomplish nothing but which give the appearance of "doing something"? Take unconstitutional actions such as gun bans or gun confiscations?

As far as the idea of defending against tyranny goes, I must disagree. I think that is the other end of the problem. Both sides of this debate attach too much importance to guns. I would be glad if guns provided the same protection against the threat of tyranny that they did in 1791, but they don't. A modern military against a bunch of ranchers with shotguns? A military in the hands of a tyrant who will not hesitate to be brutal? What difference will the shotguns make? He'll level their town from a hundred miles away, as an object lesson. Then the ranchers in the next county will put their guns back in the closet. There are modern forms of tyranny, just as there are modern forms of warfare, but you cannot fight the threat of modern tyranny with handguns and hunting rifles.

6. LTCArmyRet

LTCArmyRet VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Ignore all you like, the gun ban didn't work to reduce violent crimes there, and it won't work here.

7. ChrisL

ChrisL Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48,452
    I'm pretty sure there are people from Australia who are actually pro gun rights.

8. ChrisL

ChrisL Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48,452
    gtopa1, you are an Australian who is pro gun rights, aren't you?

9. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,453

Unless you include the time when Europe marched 12 million people into gas chambers.....that moral stain should never, ever be forgotten when they start to feel smug......

10. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,453
    Yeah...I love this argument...

One...which is why we won't give up our own Aks and ARs.....

Two...you mean like the bunch of backward ass barbarians who held off the most powerful military in the world to using second hand rifles and improvised explosives to the point that we are going home......that difference?

three...our own people will also be a large part of that military machine....with sons, daughters, fathers, mothers......on top of our own private arms...which is why we won't give up our AR-15s and AKs........

• Informative Informative x 1