FDR Opposed Collective Bargaining for Government Employees

You are sorely mistaken if you think I sport any entitlement program

Never said you did. But the GOP most certainly did support the medicare drug plan. That can't be denied considering they're the ones that drafted the law and signed it into existence.

Bush didn't start a massive entitlement program. But don't worry, Obama has amped that up for you.

LOL! Bush started Faith Based Charities, the biggest social expansion of government welfare since FDR!!! LOL!! Oh boy you cons have short shortened selective memory problems.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Bush didn't start a massive entitlement program. But don't worry, Obama has amped that up for you.

Medicare prescription drug plan.

That is a massive unfunded entitlement program that rivals social security. At least social security had a plan to pay for it on paper.

And the first stimulus came about under Bush.

Thats why I'm puzzled at the resistance to the idea that FDR would be a GOP today. He and bush were pretty close to the same guy.

Prescription drugs are a drop in the bucket compared to FDR's SS and LBJ's Medicare.

And you are mistaken if you think that any conservative supports the spending increases under Bush.

Like two back to back wars & Faith Based Charities?? And attempting to drill in Alaska?? Really? All the rest of his bs was left unfunded and set to go in motion under Obama. You can't accuse Bush of doing anything for the American people.

Last edited:

LOL! Bush started Faith Based Charities, the biggest social expansion of government welfare since FDR!!! LOL!! Oh boy you cons have short shortened selective memory problems.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Incorrect. The biggest expanse of government since FDR has happened under Obama.

Federal spending is now over 25% of GDP, a growth of nearly 25% as a ratio of GDP in a short two years.

It is also worth noting that in today's political environment, FDR would probably be running as a Republican.

Are you kidding? That's probably the dumbest thing I've heard today. He created the modern welfare state. He implemented incomes tax rates in excess of 95%. You know what else he is responsible for? Employer subsidized health insurance. He may have been a good war time president, but his domestic agenda sucked and we are still paying for it today.

Mischaracterization. The strike is about the attempt to weaken collective bargaining, not about the benefits. Most of the teachers I know in Wisconsin know that realistically they'll have to accept the cut. They're mad about the attempt to destroy their ability to negotiate in the future while leaving the public sector unions that supported the governor untouched.

Why do they deserve the right to negotiate their job? How many people in the private sector get that option? I sure as hell don't. They pay me what they say they'll pay me and they give me what benefits they say they'll give me. If at some point I don't like it, I'm free to find a new job.

When all of a sudden did public employees become a protected class of people who don't have to compete in the real world like the rest of us?

Public sector unions should be abolished and made illegal because it's a direct conflict of interest and we're seeing the effects of that today.

Incorrect. The biggest expanse of government since FDR has happened under Obama.

Federal spending is now over 25% of GDP, a growth of nearly 25% as a ratio of GDP in a short two years.

YOU SAID, "Bush didn't start a massive entitlement program." YOU ARE INCORRECT!!

As to the biggest under Bush (Your words, not mine) "One San Jose State University study estimates the value of the social services provided by faith-based charities and other religious organizations across the country at $50 billion a year. "

Last edited:
He didn't START Medicare. LBJ did.

Why do they deserve the right to negotiate their job? How many people in the private sector get that option? I sure as hell don't. They pay me what they say they'll pay me and they give me what benefits they say they'll give me. If at some point I don't like it, I'm free to find a new job.

If they wish to retain your services, they have to negotiate with you. And if you choose to exercise your free assembly rights, you can organize into larger bargaining units.

The question of "should public sector unions exist" is a moot point, as they do, and are allowed to thanks to your right to free assembly.

YOU SAID, "Bush didn't start a massive entitlement program." YOU ARE INCORRECT!!

As to the biggest under Bush (Your words, not mine) "One San Jose State University study estimates the value of the social services provided by faith-based charities and other religious organizations across the country at $50 billion a year. "

$50B is far far less than the Obamanation of ObamaCare will cost.

Mischaracterization. The strike is about the attempt to weaken collective bargaining, not about the benefits. Most of the teachers I know in Wisconsin know that realistically they'll have to accept the cut. They're mad about the attempt to destroy their ability to negotiate in the future while leaving the public sector unions that supported the governor untouched.

Why wouldn't they deserve the right to negotiate a job? This isn't Russia or Commie China. Anybody in the private sector can negoiate their job, and just because your a whipped sheeple of corporate hand outs, doesn't mean other private sector workers are. And if you don't like it, leave.:lol:

When all of a sudden did public employees become a protected class of people who don't have to compete in the real world like the rest of us?

Public sector unions should be abolished and made illegal because it's a direct conflict of interest and we're seeing the effects of that today.

When did private employees start getting fucked by employers? 1800's? Sometime back there.

Conflict of interest? Isn't every private sector worker-voter a conflict of interest? And don't they vote for politicans that support their interests? And don't they demand more teachers, police, highway patrol, prison guards, DMV, etc.??? LOL!!:lol:

Last edited:

President Obama's new health-care law could potentially add at least $115 billion more to government health care spending over the next 10 years, if Congress approves all the additional spending called for in the legislation, congressional budget referees said Tuesday.

That is only 11.5 billion a year, so you are incorrect again. Have to be careful with what numbers means & the time-span of those projected numbers.

President Obama's new health-care law could potentially add at least $115 billion more to government health care spending over the next 10 years, if Congress approves all the additional spending called for in the legislation, congressional budget referees said Tuesday.

That is only 11.5 billion a year, so you are incorrect again. Have to be careful with what numbers means & the time-span of those projected numbers.

Moron.

ObamaCare adds huge tax increases and shifts over $500B from Medicare (hastening its insolvency) to cover the massive spending it will entail.

And to get this thread back on topic, whatever big government programs Bush promoted have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that FDR OPPOSED COLLECTIVE BARGAINING FOR GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES.

And to get this thread back on topic, whatever big government programs Bush promoted have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that FDR OPPOSED COLLECTIVE BARGAINING FOR GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES.

It's one of the few things he was correct about.

Thing is? In the private sector UNIONS can destroy a company...see Eastern Airlines...

To government? What is the Government's profit margin?

That's right...there isn't (supposed to be), so what the Unions portend to do here is drive Government to shutdown because Government is BROKE and has been. Only relief is to RAISE TAXES...and how many taxpayers are gonna be comfy with that proposition?

Only thing left is to LAY OFF Government employees, or shut down government completely.

Which will it be?

FDR was correct. Government unions should be outlawed. I suggest this issure be placed HIGH on the docket of the Federal Congress, and that of the legislatures of the many States.

Forum List

Back