FDR mocks Romney

Is that so? .

Yes it is so - to say the least. Nobody who did that would be remembered for anything else, even if they didn't burden future generations with unsustainable obligations, support the most murderous tyrants in human history, and threaten the very structure of our Republic.

I see that you avoided detailing out the rest of your ridiculous contrived story.

But that's fine with me. You can keep it to yourself if you like.

Hey Cow.....the only contrived stories belong to you.

Well, let me help a little. The unusual condition was the spending of money for war materials.

You really do need to take a basic US History course. It was the lifting of the "unusual conditions" associated with the war that allowed the economy to resume the course of a market economy and truly recover. These conditions involved far more than just government spending, you ignorant dope. Hell, the economy was starting to recover before the war until that rat FDR's monkeying around quashed the nascient recovery in its tracks.

You still haven't said what those unusual conditions associated with the war were that allowed the economy to recover. Third time asking, do you know or not?

Anyone who graduated from high school should know. Did you not?

You really do need to take a basic US History course. It was the lifting of the "unusual conditions" associated with the war that allowed the economy to resume the course of a market economy and truly recover. These conditions involved far more than just government spending, you ignorant dope. Hell, the economy was starting to recover before the war until that rat FDR's monkeying around quashed the nascient recovery in its tracks.

You still haven't said what those unusual conditions associated with the war were that allowed the economy to recover. Third time asking, do you know or not?

The story that the vast majority of people who graduated high school is the fairy tale of FDR's demi-godlike greatness...That and the myth that warfare is beneficial to the economy.

The war was a time of shortages, rationing, black marketeering, rampant inflation, a dearth of consumer goods, all followed by a steep recession at the end of the war...Not coincidentally, those are also features of fascistic economic central control wherever it has been tried.

The story that the vast majority of people who graduated high school is the fairy tale of FDR's demi-godlike greatness...That and the myth that warfare is beneficial to the economy.

The war was a time of shortages, rationing, black marketeering, rampant inflation, a dearth of consumer goods, all followed by a steep recession at the end of the war...Not coincidentally, those are also features of fascistic economic central control wherever it has been tried.

Sure, during the war there were price controls, wage controls, currency controls, rent control, the direct government takeover of certain areas of manufacturing; there were distortions in the labor market (obviously), labor relations, supply and demand, availability of resources; there was rationing, central 'planning' of various aspects of the economy, and other manipulations of normal market forces. When the war ended and these unusual impositions were lifted, the market naturally turned back towards normal market functioning and a real recovery was possible. The sudden influx of available labor, combined with a newly freed manufacturing potential was there to take advantage of the opportunities found in trade domestically and with areas of the world newly freed from fascist control and/or in dire need of rebuilding. Conditions were ripe for a robust US economy. With less intrusion and distortion, that economy naturally took advantage of said conditions after a difficult period of correction immediately following the war as the effects of these unusual wartime conditions were overcome.

Last edited:
Right...Meaning that the war time intrusions, in and of themselves, did not lead to economic recovery and general prosperity, contrary to popular myth.

Of course. Quite the contrary, in fact.

We were not debating the end of the war but prewar. The economy, under FDR, seemed to recover and then it went into another recession. The question was why did it go into another recession? The poster said it was unusual conditions asociated with the war and in between the name calling, seemed unable to tell me what those unusual conditions were.
Most of know of the lack of consumer goods during the war. There was some inflation but not rampant, again do you know why inflation was not greater? There was some black market, usually is, with shortages.
As for FDR's greatness, it was not high school students that voted him as greatest American president, but noted historians, the ones that teach the future historians and write the histories of America.

We were not debating the end of the war but prewar. The economy, under FDR, seemed to recover and then it went into another recession. The question was why did it go into another recession? The poster said it was unusual conditions asociated with the war and in between the name calling, seemed unable to tell me what those unusual conditions were.
Most of know of the lack of consumer goods during the war. There was some inflation but not rampant, again do you know why inflation was not greater? There was some black market, usually is, with shortages.
As for FDR's greatness, it was not high school students that voted him as greatest American president, but noted historians, the ones that teach the future historians and write the histories of America.
Yeah..."Great" as deemed by the leftist historians who dominate academe.

And inflation wasn't greater during the war because the people were being scammed into giving back their money to the inflators, via war bond purchases.

We were not debating the end of the war but prewar. The economy, under FDR, seemed to recover and then it went into another recession. The question was why did it go into another recession? The poster said it was unusual conditions asociated with the war.

Do you even read what you wrote before posting?

FDR was a towering fucking liar, a warmonger and a closet red.

Fuck that asshole.

tantrum-1.jpg

Yeah..."Great" as deemed by the leftist historians who dominate academe.

And inflation wasn't greater during the war because the people were being scammed into giving back their money to the inflators, via war bond purchases.

Well that's one explanation for FDR's rating, but how do conservative historians rate FDR? How about price controls for inflation. As for the war bonds, at least that interest money went to Americans not the Chinese.

Well that's one explanation for FDR's rating, but how do conservative historians rate FDR? How about price controls for inflation. As for the war bonds, at least that interest money went to Americans not the Chinese.
Price controls don't control inflation....In fact, they end up leading to even more shortages, as producers can't recoup their costs of production and stay in business.

Where the interest for war bonds went is irrelevant to the fact that they were used as an artifice to hide the currency inflation.

Price controls don't control inflation....In fact, they end up leading to even more shortages, as producers can't recoup their costs of production and stay in business.

Where the interest for war bonds went is irrelevant to the fact that they were used as an artifice to hide the currency inflation.

Of course war bonds were used to curb inflation, not only to curb inflation but give the nation more money to fight the war. In fact, to buy war bonds was not seen as subversive but as patriotic.
Shortages during the war were caused by materials, labor, money, manufacturing going into war effort at the same time as money went into war bonds and savings to be used for consumer goods when the war ended. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Are you now done with FDR's greatness, the New Deal and the Great Depression? I'll leave you with one more history question: Why did FDR end the New Deal?

They funding the war by printing up money out of thin air and sacking the OASI "trust fund"....War bond drives were one of the ways the ways they were able to partially cover up the scam....That it was seen as patriotic just lends proof to the effectiveness of well run propaganda machines.

The shortages were caused by sending hundreds of millions of dollars worth of raw materials off to be destroyed in a war, rather than being put into production of useful consumer goods.

The New Deal never ended...We're still living with the welfare/entitlement state mentality that it spawned today.

They funding the war by printing up money out of thin air and sacking the OASI "trust fund"....War bond drives were one of the ways the ways they were able to partially cover up the scam....That it was seen as patriotic just lends proof to the effectiveness of well run propaganda machines.

The shortages were caused by sending hundreds of millions of dollars worth of raw materials off to be destroyed in a war, rather than being put into production of useful consumer goods.

The New Deal never ended...We're still living with the welfare/entitlement state mentality that it spawned today.

So can you define FDR's New Deal, the same New Deal that is still is going on?
What was the original law concerning the trust fund?
When has America not had welfare and entitlements?
What are entitlements?
How were war bond drives scams?
Was printing paper money to finance the Revolutionary War a coverup?
Should America have been involved in WWII?

Yes it is so - to say the least. Nobody who did that would be remembered for anything else, even if they didn't burden future generations with unsustainable obligations, support the most murderous tyrants in human history, and threaten the very structure of our Republic.

I see that you avoided detailing out the rest of your ridiculous contrived story.

But that's fine with me. You can keep it to yourself if you like.

Hey Cow.....the only contrived stories belong to you.

Which? Where?

Sure, I haven't seen this before until I saw it on the daily show, but it's just too good to not share for those who haven't seen it.

FDR Let Me Warn You (1936) - YouTube

Sounds EXACTLY like the Romney campaign, especially in the most recent days.

Really, who are you people fooling?

FDR...the bastard who tried to put himself above the Constitution ?

You have to be kidding me.

If it were allowed, I'd dig up his remains and burn them....and allow the dogs to run off with what remains.

How immature.

"If it were allowed." - So you're just a big fucking pussy then. No sense of keeping to your convictions.

Sure, I haven't seen this before until I saw it on the daily show, but it's just too good to not share for those who haven't seen it.

FDR Let Me Warn You (1936) - YouTube

Sounds EXACTLY like the Romney campaign, especially in the most recent days.

Really, who are you people fooling?

If it were allowed, I'd dig up his remains and burn them....and allow the dogs to run off with what remains.

How immature.

"If it were allowed." - So you're just a big fucking pussy then. No sense of keeping to your convictions.

Oh, you just talk so tough hiding behind your keyboard. I am so impressed.

FDR was a traitor. End of story.

How immature.

Oh, you just talk so tough hiding behind your keyboard. I am so impressed.

FDR was a traitor. End of story.

He obviously wasn't a traitor. I don't even have to tell you why that is the case, because you can see it for your fucking self.

Oh, and no I'm not speaking tough. I'm not the one who is declaring I will do big tough things like you are. I'm simply saying what a fucking pussy you are.

I mean, it was you after all who said you would dig up the dude's corpse and mutilate it. And yet somehow, I'm the tough talker.

You're fucking pathetic, dude.

Forum List

Back