FDR and Pearl Harbor

Short didn't have access to the "Magic" decodes. He was virtually working in the blind with no real intelligence except bland stuff sent by Washington now and then. Short became the goat for Pearl Harbor because the media spun it that way. The funny thing is that MacArthur actually had a day's warning and he failed to follow the "war plan" and let his planes be shot up parked wing to wing on the ground. A couple of months later his whole Army would be forced to surrender. Yet MacArthur was awarded the Medal of Honor and praised for his actions.

That's because ol Mac had friends in high places. He should have been stood up against a wall and shot for incompetence, instead the powers that be decided they needed a hero and they set about making him one.

A farce all the way through.

No there's not.

It's the exact same lame argument the twoofers make.
How did General Claire Chennault know that the Zero outclassed any American fighters that could put up against it, if the AVG weren't engaging the Japs prior to 7 Dec?

Dude, you can also do that all day about 9/11 with eots, 9/11 inside nutjob, et. al. Or at least with eots. 9/11 inside nutjob will tell you to read a book or watch youtube videos or something.

Why did NATO planes stand down?

Why did Larry Silverstein say "pull it?"

Why did it take Bush seven minutes to respond?

Why did the WTC power down over a weekend?

Why is there no plane log of the flight that crashed into the Pentagon?

And so on.

There are hundreds of questions like that.

GJELTEN
11:40:36
And, Ian, our last caller suggested that Winston Churchill may in fact have had some foreknowledge of a Japanese attack and did not -- so desperately wanted the United States to come into this war that he neglected or didn't bother to really share all the intelligence that he had. Does that make any sense? Have you heard that before?
TOLL
11:41:01
It's one of the theories that had been advanced that Churchill or Roosevelt had foreknowledge of the Japanese intentions to attack Pearl Harbor. In my view, the more recent attacks on 9/11 provide us with some insight into what happened at Pearl Harbor. In retrospect, we can say that the signs were there. The intelligence was there pointing to this attack. And yet when we look back in hindsight and assemble all of the pieces, it's easy to put them into a pattern that would lead you to that conclusion. I don't think that there is credible evidence that either of the allied leaders knew that there was going to be an attack on Pearl Harbor.
TOLL
11:41:49
It is certainly true that Churchill would have welcomed the attack and that it would've brought the United States into the war. And I thinking a sense Roosevelt and his advisors also recognized that the attack, as devastating as it was, had solved their greatest political problem which was how to bring the United States into the war united and determined to win it.
GJELTEN
11:42:12
It's easy to connect the dots afterwards, isn't it, Steven?
GILLON
11:42:14
Yeah, I agree completely with what Ian said. In retrospect, we can see these things. At the time what I'm struck by in this case and just my study of history in general is most people are overwhelmed by events. They have a difficult time putting pieces together. It's by -- it seems pretty obvious to me that neither Roosevelt nor Churchill anticipated the Japanese attack at Pearl Harbor. ...

Pearl Harbor Day | The Diane Rehm Show from WAMU and NPR

continuation of totos rambling-and I of course am a chickenshit afraid of the truth about government conspiracys and only see what i want to see so I run off with my tail between my legs when challenged to watch videos and books to refute that evidence cause i have no debating skills and dont want to look at the evidence that proves the official versions wrong.:lol:

continuation of totos rambling-and I of course am a chickenshit afraid of the truth about government conspiracys and only see what i want to see so I run off with my tail between my legs when challenged to watch videos and books to refute that evidence cause i have no debating skills and dont want to look at the evidence that proves the official versions wrong.:lol:

rofl

:thup:

Outstanding!

How did General Claire Chennault know that the Zero outclassed any American fighters that could put up against it, if the AVG weren't engaging the Japs prior to 7 Dec?

Dude, you can also do that all day about 9/11 with eots, 9/11 inside nutjob, et. al. Or at least with eots. 9/11 inside nutjob will tell you to read a book or watch youtube videos or something.

And so on.

GJELTEN
11:40:36
And, Ian, our last caller suggested that Winston Churchill may in fact have had some foreknowledge of a Japanese attack and did not -- so desperately wanted the United States to come into this war that he neglected or didn't bother to really share all the intelligence that he had. Does that make any sense? Have you heard that before?
TOLL
11:41:01
It's one of the theories that had been advanced that Churchill or Roosevelt had foreknowledge of the Japanese intentions to attack Pearl Harbor. In my view, the more recent attacks on 9/11 provide us with some insight into what happened at Pearl Harbor. In retrospect, we can say that the signs were there. The intelligence was there pointing to this attack. And yet when we look back in hindsight and assemble all of the pieces, it's easy to put them into a pattern that would lead you to that conclusion. I don't think that there is credible evidence that either of the allied leaders knew that there was going to be an attack on Pearl Harbor.
TOLL
11:41:49
It is certainly true that Churchill would have welcomed the attack and that it would've brought the United States into the war. And I thinking a sense Roosevelt and his advisors also recognized that the attack, as devastating as it was, had solved their greatest political problem which was how to bring the United States into the war united and determined to win it.
GJELTEN
11:42:12
It's easy to connect the dots afterwards, isn't it, Steven?
GILLON
11:42:14
Yeah, I agree completely with what Ian said. In retrospect, we can see these things. At the time what I'm struck by in this case and just my study of history in general is most people are overwhelmed by events. They have a difficult time putting pieces together. It's by -- it seems pretty obvious to me that neither Roosevelt nor Churchill anticipated the Japanese attack at Pearl Harbor. ...

Who said you can't debate? Shit, you can't even type, you fucking illiterate ass wipe.:badgrin::badgrin:

And so on.

Who said you can't debate? Shit, you can't even type, you fucking illiterate ass wipe.:badgrin::badgrin:
DAMN! YOU BEAT ME TO IT!:lol::lol:

DAMN! YOU BEAT ME TO IT!:lol::lol:
:cheers2:

Forum List

Back