FDR: Abandon Italy to Anoint Russia

You are allergenic to yourself then, dear.

Your attempt to be a blogger of impact is useless, because the average reader can see right through your nonsense.

Your attempt to be a blogger of impact is useless, because the average reader can see right through your nonsense.

"You are allergenic to yourself then, dear."
OMG! A 'so are you' come-back.

Did you have the need to prove that you are insipid?

Look, everyone knows about your psychological problem, and we accept you for the chronic, congenital liar that you are.

What more do you want....a merit badge for 'achievement in lying'???

It starts right from you writing "PC simply misdefines words, terms, and concepts, then weaves a fantasy" yet your are unable to give any examples.....
And every one of your posts in response to one of my threads is the same. Clearly your aim is to say that you are not enamored with me.....I can't begin to tell you how upset that makes me.

OK....your dislike comes across....but what you don't realize is that everyone can see that you just can't deal with the content of said posts.

When will you realize that you're just not bright enough?

....even one as stupid as you should be able to see through that.
You'd probably climb a glass wall to what was on the other side.

You will never be able to live down to your reputation!

Have we covered everything?

Oh......and I'd like to leave you with a thought.....but I realize you wouldn't have any place to put it.

The logical place for a break in to Fortress Europe was NW Europe not Italy.

PC simply misdefines words, terms, and concepts, then weaves a fantasy.

"The logical place for a break in to Fortress Europe was NW Europe not Italy."

This, or course, is what Roosevelt supporters use as a shield for the truth, i.e., that FDR was bowing to Stalin's every wish.

1. The Allies controlled Italy, with 200,000 troops there, and, of course, Italy surrendered.

2. Earlier, I quoted this article:
" ALLIED FRONT IN ITALY NOT SO FAR FROM REICH; In Other Words, It Is Just as Close to Germany From Any Peninsula Point As It Is From Dnieper THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE"
By EDWIN L. JAMES
September 12, 1943

Mr. James dealt with the exact question, as follows:

"What is there that Stalin could gain from an Allied front in France which he could not gain from an Allied front in Italy, or another one in the Balkans?"

In terms of the war effort against Nazi Germany......the answer is nothing.
Of course, that assumes that Stalin's objective was the quick defeat of Germany.

3. Russian historian Viktor Suvorov has written that what Stalin really wanted was the war to last as long as possible....why?
To exhaust both Germany and the Anglo-Americans. His one and only goal was to expand the Communist Empire.

And Franklin Roosevelt? He fell right in line.

Last edited:

And yet, the average leftist . . . er . . . reader rarely, if ever, actually consults the historical record or proffers a discernible counterargument.

PC simply misdefines words, terms, and concepts, then weaves a fantasy.[/quote]

"This, or course, is what Roosevelt supporters use as a shield for the truth, i.e., that FDR was bowing to Stalin's every wish."

The statement about in quotes is loony tunes. :lol: (1) The long blood bath in Italy, the (2) incredible Axis troop strengths in SE Europe, (3) the long slogging the Russians were taking across the east of Europe were the reasons that FDR and the Combined Chiefs decided on Normandy as the way for a quick end to the war, so much more important than preserving British interests in the eastern Mediterranean.

If the Allies had followed PC's desires, the war may not have ended until 1948.

Makes one wonder what her true, fascistic desires might be.

PC simply misdefines words, terms, and concepts, then weaves a fantasy.

"This, or course, is what Roosevelt supporters use as a shield for the truth, i.e., that FDR was bowing to Stalin's every wish."

The statement about in quotes is loony tunes. :lol: (1) The long blood bath in Italy, the (2) incredible Axis troop strengths in SE Europe, (3) the long slogging the Russians were taking across the east of Europe were the reasons that FDR and the Combined Chiefs decided on Normandy as the way for a quick end to the war, so much more important than preserving British interests in the eastern Mediterranean.

If the Allies had followed PC's desires, the war may not have ended until 1948.

Makes one wonder what her true, fascistic desires might be.[/QUOTE]

All of my posts are linked, sourced, documented.

Yours, the usual hot air of a Roosevelt/Leftist boot licker.

How was Italy abandoned? About 60,000 Allied Troops died during the liberation of Italy.

Stalin, Harry Hopkins, and Roosevelt insisted that the invasion be moved from Italy to the northwestern coast.

a. General Carl Spaatz, American World War II general and the first Chief of Staff of the United States Air Force, and top commander of strategic bombing in Europe, "didn't think OVERLORD [Normandy] was necessary or desirable.

He said it would be a much better investment to build up forces in Italy to push the Germans across the Po, taking and using airfields as we come to them, thus shortening the bombing run into Germany.
"My Three Years With Eisenhower: The Personal Diary of Captain Harry C. Butcher, USNR, Naval Aide to General Eisenhower...," p. 447-448, by Harry C. Butcher

b. General Ira Eaker, "of the United States Army Air Forces during World War II. Eaker, as second-in-command of the prospective Eighth Air Force, "
Ira C. Eaker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia stated that it would be "easier to support a trans-Adriatic operation than the invasion of southern France. The bases, he pointed out, had already been established in Italy.....but the southern France operation would have to be supported from new bases in Corsica. After the meeting was over, General Marshall commented ....to General Eaker: "You've been too damned long with the British."
Hanson W. Baldwin, "Great Mistakes of the War," p. 38-39

c. "One of the few Americans to agree with Churchill and Alexander was Lt. Gen. Mark W. Clark, commander of US Fifth Army in Italy, who said in his 1951 autobiography that "the weakening of the campaign in Italy in order to invade southern France, instead of pushing on into the Balkans, was one of the outstanding political mistakes of the war. The Italian campaign did have military value. It knocked Italy out of the war and it tied down more than 20 German divisions" Churchill?s Southern Strategy

Clark made clear in his book that Italy was abandoned as "we switched our strength from Italy to France...."

d. Eisenhower himself stated that the Adriatic-Italy attack made more sense:

"Italy was the correct place in which to deploy our main forces and the objective should be the Valle of the PO. In no other area could we so well threaten the whole German structure including France, the Balkans and the Reich itself. Here also our air would be closer to vital objectives in Germany."
FRUS: The conferences at Cairo and Tehran, 1943, p.359-361
That report was published in "Foreign Relations of the United States" in 1961

Eisenhower's statement was to an audience in November 26, 1943....
One month later he was given his fifth star....and changed his mind.

Spaatz, Eaker, Clark, and Eisenhower.....and Churchill.....all advanced the idea of continuing the advance through Italy.

....but not Stalin or Roosevelt.

the distance from the toe of Italy to Germany's southern border was about the same as from Russia's western edge, the Dnieper River, and Germany's eastern border.

Which line is shorter, the orange line (Normandy to Berlin) or the red line (Italy to Berlin) ?

And for bonus points, which route involves more U-boats, minefields, and mountain ranges?

:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

the distance from the toe of Italy to Germany's southern border was about the same as from Russia's western edge, the Dnieper River, and Germany's eastern border.

Which line is shorter, the orange line (Normandy to Berlin) or the red line (Italy to Berlin) ?

And for bonus points, which route involves more U-boats, minefields, and mountain ranges?

:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Don't you want to get to the real point as to why Stalin insisted the attack come from the northwest?

Why not?

Oh....because you need to shield the Liberal icon, FDR, from the truth about where his loyalties were to be found.

"…A campaign that might have changed the whole history of relations between the Western world and Soviet Russia was permitted to fade away….Not alone in my opinion, but in the opinion of a number of experts who were close to the problem, the weakening of the campaign in Italy in order to invade southern France and instead of pushing on in the Balkans was one of the outstanding political mistakes of the war.…Had we been there before the Red Army, not only would the collapse of Germany have come sooner, but the influence of Soviet Russia would have been drastically reduced.

Upon his return to the U. S. from Cairo and Tehran, Roosevelt delivered a radio address. Regarding Stalin, Roosevelt said:

To use an American and somewhat ungrammatical colloquialism, I may say that “I got along fine” with Marshall Stalin…I believe we are going to get along very well with him and the Russian people – very well indeed…."
Roosevelt?s BFF ?Uncle Joe? ? LewRockwell.com

Don't be stupid your whole life......take a day off.

Don't you want to get to the real point as to why Stalin insisted the attack come from the northwest?

Why not?

Because anyone who can read a map can plainly see that the superior route is across the low countries, rather than the Alps. And also, because (as anyone who can read a map can also plainly see) Normandy is NOT northwest of Berlin. :rolleyes:

Why not?

Because anyone who can read a map can plainly see that the superior route is across the low countries, rather than the Alps. And also, because (as anyone who can read a map can also plainly see) Normandy is NOT northwest of Berlin. :rolleyes:

Bogus.

The reason was to leave central/eastern Europe for the Red Army.

That was Stalin's and Roosevelt's plan.

I can prove it in FDR's own words.

Why not?

Bogus.

I have argued with some really dumb people online before, but never with anyone else who was brainless enough to not know north from south. I honestly can't even figure how you even turn on your computer. Maybe someone else leaves it on... yeah, would have to be...

Bogus.

I have argued with some really dumb people online before, but never with anyone else who was brainless enough to not know north from south. I honestly can't even figure how you even turn on your computer. Maybe someone else leaves it on... yeah, would have to be...

I told you I could prove that Stalin/FDR planned to leave half of Europe to Red Army occupation- in FDR's own words- and you change the subject???

Pretty much a white flag on your part.

You hide 'stupid' like a bikini hides an extra 45 pounds.

Why not?

Oh....because you need to shield the Liberal icon, FDR, from the truth about where his loyalties were to be found.

or because the Alps exist :eusa_shhh:

Spoiler Alert!!! Warning!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW HOW THE STORY ENDS!!!!

German aircraft conducting the 'Baby Blitz'. which was the concentrated all out bombing campaign of London in 1944 were not taking off from the Balkans and eastern Europe. The airfields were in northwestern Germany and France.
The anti aircraft batteries in eastern Europe and the Balkans were not knocking down allied aircraft that were coming from Britain and bombing Germany. They were in the area that the allies invaded.
The V-1 and V-2 missiles that began pulverizing London and killing thousands of British citizens were not being fired from eastern Europe and the Balkans. They were being fired from across the English Channel. Air power could not silence them. They were mobile or quickly movable. Only an invasion and occupation of the area of operations could silence them.

Last edited:
Let me respond to those two dopes at the same time.

I have linked, and documented the thesis that Stalin, his spy Harry Hopkins, and, finally, Franklin Roosevelt abandoned Italy for northwestern Europe primarily so that the Red Army could occupy central and eastern Europe.

Hopkins wrote that at the Quebec conference, and FDR admitted same to Cardinal Spellman.

These two FDR-lap dogs are willing to ignore same to provide an undeserved support of the FDR myth.

An enormous amount of history has to be thrown out in order to craft the FDR WWII mythology....yet, fools and liars (raise your paws, you two) are willing to do so.

I'm here to reveal the truth that they hide.

My links and sources are there....let the reader decide.

Forum List

Back