FDA: stop using trans fat within three years!

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
FDA on trans fat Halt use in U.S. food within 3 years - CNN.com

When will the FDA ban tobacco products, a known killer?

[Question is not once asked of libertarians, for obvious reasons]

The mysery and financial cost of smoking or chewing tobacco is well known, anyone age 50 and over know, or knew, someone who suffered a serious or final health crisis due to smoking or chewing.

Why hasn't the FDA acted. Many cities and states have, and even private employers have sanctioned smokers.

Am old enough I remember when they were warning us about saturated fat. Then trans fat came along, then polyunsaturated fat too. Then trans fat was the bad one, and if not mistaken they just started saying saturated fat's ok.

How about we just get rid of the FDA within 3 years instead? :)

• Banned
Am old enough I remember when they were warning us about saturated fat. Then trans fat came along, then polyunsaturated fat too. Then trans fat was the bad one, and if not mistaken they just started saying saturated fat's ok.

Sarcastic ^^^ I hope. Do you not undersand how long it would take for deadly disease to mutate and become immune to anitbiotics?

The broad medical field has charlatans too, simply look at the fear mongering associated with childhood vaccinations and promises - notwithstanding the fine print - in advertising food supplements, and the pseudoscience associated with homeopathic remedies.

Sarcastic ^^^ I hope. Do you not undersand how long it would take for deadly disease to mutate and become immune to anitbiotics?

The broad medical field has charlatans too, simply look at the fear mongering associated with childhood vaccinations and promises - notwithstanding the fine print - in advertising food supplements, and the pseudoscience associated with homeopathic remedies.

Given how we pollute the enviroment, air, and seas, in for a penny in for a pound. Human race's extinction is likely if not inevitible.

• Banned

Given how we pollute the enviroment, air, and seas, in for a penny in for a pound. Human race's extinction is likely if not inevitible.

Those who load up on tobacco and transfat hasten their own extinction.

I suspect companies will find/create another ingredient to make food tasty but will be unhealthy and it will take another decade to phase it out as well.

FDA on trans fat Halt use in U.S. food within 3 years - CNN.com

When will the FDA ban tobacco products, a known killer?

[Question is not once asked of libertarians, for obvious reasons]

The mysery and financial cost of smoking or chewing tobacco is well known, anyone age 50 and over know, or knew, someone who suffered a serious or final health crisis due to smoking or chewing.

Why hasn't the FDA acted. Many cities and states have, and even private employers have sanctioned smokers.

Worry about your own life, and leave mine alone. If I want to smoke a Stogie 2-3 times a year it's my business, and no one else's.

Forum List

Back