FDA Goes After General Mills for Their Cheerios Ads

Well, how dare they tell people to eat healthy.

Fascists.

Actually, it's not about telling people to eat healthy. It's about false advertising and them making claims which are unjustified.

Oh no... the horror.

I can't believe the little freakazoid is troubled by that.

People like KMAN aren't happy unless they're freaking out about something. Pathetic. I'm waiting for the charge that it's all the fault of liberals.

It's just a form of censorship really, but more evidence that Americans are just now incapable of making their own decisions.

Is every parent supposed to take a ride to Blakely, Georgia and try to sneak into Peanut Corporation of America's plant to "make their own decisions" before giving their kids Peanut Butter Sandwich Crackers?

This is about the necessary roll of government to protect the populace. It is just as important as the military or the border patrol...maybe more, because the threat is not readily apparent.

Absolutely the truth. We have Cheney running around to friendly news pundits yammering that Obama has put the country in danger of more terrorist attacks whereas if they REALLY wanted to do some serious damage to this country, they'd just pay off some Mexican illegals who work in meat processing plants to slip in a few doses of something lethal. Don't think it would be that easy? Go out and rent "Fast Food Nation."

It's just a form of censorship really, but more evidence that Americans are just now incapable of making their own decisions.

Umm, Americans ARE incapable of making their own decisions when it comes to trusting that whats on the label is actually in the food. There are enough false claims and lies about food already, no need to bash the FDA for trying to reduce those claims.

Man.. try to buy organic.... these days its near impossible to believe a label.. the biggest supplier of organic dairy products -Horizon- is not at all wholley organic.. Its about time the FDA starts earning their pay... my question is... why does K really give two shits about this....

Here's the thing, making the print labels to show contents is just responsible, it's not the problem. the problem is that Americans have become so stupid that they believe everything they see, hear, or read in the media that they are not smart enough to read the damned labels already required, thus ... it's censorship to "protect" people from being idiots. Seriously, this is as bad as banning trans-fats instead of just telling people they shouldn't eat them and letting them make their own decision on it. Banning MSG because it's a common allergy instead of expecting those with the allergy to "read the label" ... it's all just as stupid as the lady who spilled her coffee on her and sued because it was "too hot" ... seriously, are we REALLY that stupid now?

Aren't there more important issues for our government to focus on right now? Maybe like how the private sector keeps losing job after job, and how government jobs keep increasing and the their pay keeps increasing, or maybe how the 3-4 "stimulus" packages that have been signed off on are doing nothing for the economy???

We do some of you want to keep increasing the size of our government when they obviously have no grip on reality?

FDA Blasts General Mills Over Cheerios Claim - wcbstv.com

I reduced my cholesterol from 244 to 153 just by changing my diet, so it's probably a realistic claim if you're replacing steak and eggs with Cheerios.

Forum List

Back