FDA Goes After General Mills for Their Cheerios Ads

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
Aren't there more important issues for our government to focus on right now? Maybe like how the private sector keeps losing job after job, and how government jobs keep increasing and the their pay keeps increasing, or maybe how the 3-4 "stimulus" packages that have been signed off on are doing nothing for the economy???

We do some of you want to keep increasing the size of our government when they obviously have no grip on reality?

FDA Blasts General Mills Over Cheerios Claim - wcbstv.com

Aren't there more important issues for our government to focus on right now? Maybe like how the private sector keeps losing job after job, and how government jobs keep increasing and the their pay keeps increasing, or maybe how the 3-4 "stimulus" packages that have been signed off on are doing nothing for the economy???

We do some of you want to keep increasing the size of our government when they obviously have no grip on reality?

hahahahahahahaha!

Come ONNNN K MAN......like the FDA has anything at all that they can do in our financial crisis????????? lollollol

They are doing their jobs, truth in advertising when it comes to our food purchases is pretty important....Cheerios should be able to fairly easily back up their claims, surely they did run tests themselves to PROVE their own claims?

it's just sad that the FDA can't focus on preventing our Ecoli outbreaks and easily identify where these outbreaks have come from before they kill a number of people....or its too bad THEY did not find all the poisonous lead paint in all of our children's toys from China or the poison in our cat and dog food before we lost our pets to it....

care

hahahahahahahaha!

Come ONNNN K MAN......like the FDA has anything at all that they can do in our financial crisis????????? lollollol

They are doing their jobs, truth in advertising when it comes to our food purchases is pretty important....Cheerios should be able to fairly easily back up their claims, surely they did run tests themselves to PROVE their own claims?

it's just sad that the FDA can't focus on preventing our Ecoli outbreaks and easily identify where these outbreaks have come from before they kill a number of people....or its too bad THEY did not find all the poisonous lead paint in all of our children's toys from China or the poison in our cat and dog food before we lost our pets to it....

care

Now stop making sense Care! Next thing you know you'll be saying it's important to have guidelines for food that is sold to the public! :eek:

hahahahahahahaha!

care

Good point... I just think it's funny that the FDA doesn't have anything else to do... Next they will be going after the growers of fruits and vegetables since they are good for you... Our whole government is a joke.

hahahahahahahaha!

care

Don't forget about seafood from China with carcinogens and too many antibiotic residues.

Crowded into ponds, farmed Chinese fish are breeding grounds for disease, lice and contaminated water. So heavy doses of antibiotics and other food additives—many illegal in the U.S.—are applied. China is a major exporter of seafood to the U.S. We import 80% of all our seafood.

In recent weeks, disclosures of hundreds of thousands of defective tires (tread separation problems), lead-coated toys, contaminated toothpaste

The FDA's 2007 budget is only $1.5 billion, or one third of the price of just one aircraft carrier. That is not enough to defend the health and safety of the three hundred million Americans from hazardous drugs and foodstuffs.

Especially since the FDA has weak or non-existent enforcement powers to obtain information, keep records, demand recalls or impose effective fines.

Presently, the FDA is able to inspect about one percent of food shipments into the U.S.
Ralph Nader

They just passed a policy for more detailed info on where fresh meats and some fruits, veggies, etc. originate. I don't know if it includes seafood but it should.

Consumers To Find More Info On Meat Labels - CBS News

it is ridiculous though...it doesn't help on the meat...I bought a pork roast, from Sams club and it is labeled, this is a product of the United states or Mexico....WHAT THE HECK? What good does that do me for them to not even KNOW if it was from the usa plant or the Mexico plant? And to label it being from EITHER ONE of those countries is ridiculous, absurd....I WANT TO KNOW WHICH COUNTRY it is from, NOT an either/ or???? just absolute madness if this is how they will be allowed to label the suff...??????????

care

They just passed a policy for more detailed info on where fresh meats and some fruits, veggies, etc. originate. I don't know if it includes seafood but it should.

it is ridiculous though...it doesn't help on the meat...I bought a pork roast, from Sams club and it is labeled, this is a product of the United states or Mexico....WHAT THE HECK? What good does that do me for them to not even KNOW if it was from the usa plant or the Mexico plant? And to label it being from EITHER ONE of those countries is ridiculous, absurd....I WANT TO KNOW WHICH COUNTRY it is from, NOT an either/ or???? just absolute madness if this is how they will be allowed to label the suff...??????????

care

I haven't run across a mixed label yet. I agree, it's completely moronic to put two possible places of origin . . . . what's the point of it then? Why bother?

care

Cancer Prevention Coalition

American Beef: Why is it Banned in Europe?

It's just a form of censorship really, but more evidence that Americans are just now incapable of making their own decisions.

It's just a form of censorship really, but more evidence that Americans are just now incapable of making their own decisions.

Is every parent supposed to take a ride to Blakely, Georgia and try to sneak into Peanut Corporation of America's plant to "make their own decisions" before giving their kids Peanut Butter Sandwich Crackers?

This is about the necessary roll of government to protect the populace. It is just as important as the military or the border patrol...maybe more, because the threat is not readily apparent.

Is every parent supposed to take a ride to Blakely, Georgia and try to sneak into Peanut Corporation of America's plant to "make their own decisions" before giving their kids Peanut Butter Sandwich Crackers?

This is about the necessary roll of government to protect the populace. It is just as important as the military or the border patrol...maybe more, because the threat is not readily apparent.

Are parents so stupid today that they don't know what ingredients are healthy?

Are parents so stupid today that they don't know what ingredients are healthy?

I think you're missing the point ...

fda_mast.gif

Peanut Product Recalls:
Salmonella Typhimurium

Too bad the FDA has consistently been underfunded for more food inspectors. Only 3% gets inspected at the plants, and only 1% imported.

I don't care if honey nut Cheerios cuts cholesterol or not. It's delicious, and I don't have to poke around for something suspicious that might be moving in the bowl.

hahahahahahahaha!

care

Good point... I just think it's funny that the FDA doesn't have anything else to do... Next they will be going after the growers of fruits and vegetables since they are good for you... Our whole government is a joke.

Oh please. You're talking as though every person employed by the FDA was concentrated on that one issue. But since you mentioned it, yes, the FDA IS (and SHOULD BE) responsible for the quality and safety of agricultural products. Hello?

Forum List

Back