FBI want your records, AT&T and Verizon say, "Sure. All we need is a post-it note."

In fact, they are not. The phone company does not keep records of every conversation held by every American. Do you realize just how huge that database would have to be?

Thinking people realize that the records that the government gets from the phone companies are lists of phone numbers. They compare those numbers against another list of known enemy phone numbers. If a number matches, they then put those two numbers together and then listen.

And before you even start, no wire tap is required to listen to the conversation of our enemies.

In fact, they are private conversations. I never said phone companies record all conversations so please avoid assigning claims I have not made. It's a bit strange you claim to know how our government acquires, uses, and distributes information regarding our communications. Is there a link to the NSA or FBI explaining how they do all this and promise full disclosure or are you repeating an Oreilly Oreo? (two cow patties glued by butt pimple puss)

As for not needing a warrant to listen to our "enemies," that too is a curious claim. If we know who these enemies are why are they still free to make phone calls? If they are so easily known why all the hustle over private phone records?
Are you serious? The government is NOT listening in on every conversation happening in America. For one thing, they don't have the resources. And now that Mr. Obama has bankrupted us, we really don't have the resources.

Have you even bothered with reading the title of this thread? Or the information listed? When the FBI wants your records, they are not getting records of your conversations. That is simply ludicrous. What they are getting is a list of the contacts of the phone numbers you have had contact with over X amount of time. They then compare that with the phone numbers of known enemies to see if there are any matches.

And of course they have lists of most of the people in organizations that are at war with us. Some of the numbers are valid, some no longer so, and some unknown. As for how they get this information you just have to ask yourself. Do you really want the government to expose intelligence resources? I don't.

I find it suspect that the left focuses on questionable Constitutional practices of just one single Administration. The Bush Administration. When all around us we have blatant violations of the Constitution by this and other Presidents of the liberal persuasion.

You probably have spam email and a lot of it, do you not?

I never said the government listens in on every conversation. Twice in a row you accused me of a claim I did not make. I'm also not on the Left and I find it suspect every time a certain camp is challenged beyond capacity they always assume they can dismiss the person by throwing out what's Left of their intellectually honesty. You accidentally missed this question in my post:

"It's a bit strange you claim to know how our government acquires, uses, and distributes information regarding our communications. Is there a link to the NSA or FBI explaining how they do all this and promise full disclosure....?"

In fact, they are private conversations. I never said phone companies record all conversations so please avoid assigning claims I have not made. It's a bit strange you claim to know how our government acquires, uses, and distributes information regarding our communications. Is there a link to the NSA or FBI explaining how they do all this and promise full disclosure or are you repeating an Oreilly Oreo? (two cow patties glued by butt pimple puss)

As for not needing a warrant to listen to our "enemies," that too is a curious claim. If we know who these enemies are why are they still free to make phone calls? If they are so easily known why all the hustle over private phone records?
Are you serious? The government is NOT listening in on every conversation happening in America. For one thing, they don't have the resources. And now that Mr. Obama has bankrupted us, we really don't have the resources.

Have you even bothered with reading the title of this thread? Or the information listed? When the FBI wants your records, they are not getting records of your conversations. That is simply ludicrous. What they are getting is a list of the contacts of the phone numbers you have had contact with over X amount of time. They then compare that with the phone numbers of known enemies to see if there are any matches.

And of course they have lists of most of the people in organizations that are at war with us. Some of the numbers are valid, some no longer so, and some unknown. As for how they get this information you just have to ask yourself. Do you really want the government to expose intelligence resources? I don't.

I find it suspect that the left focuses on questionable Constitutional practices of just one single Administration. The Bush Administration. When all around us we have blatant violations of the Constitution by this and other Presidents of the liberal persuasion.

I never said the government listens in on every conversation. Twice in a row you accused me of a claim I did not make. I'm also not on the Left and I find it suspect every time a certain camp is challenged beyond capacity they always assume they can dismiss the person by throwing out what's Left of their intellectually honesty. You accidentally missed this question in my post:

"It's a bit strange you claim to know how our government acquires, uses, and distributes information regarding our communications. Is there a link to the NSA or FBI explaining how they do all this and promise full disclosure....?"
The government is not listening to any conversations. So why are you so concerned that they are violating your rights? Your phone records are not your private conversations so why worry about it.

I'm sorry, I know you've all heard it a thousand times, and many believe it to be weak or just plain BS. But still, who gives a damn if the NSA or CIA gain access to your phone records? The answer is of course criminals and terrorists. I am neither one, I talk to my youngest son who is a dual citizen of Germany and the USA, he has chosen to stay in Germany. But if they want to listen in they can. We even use certain words on purpose sometimes just to brighten their day. Besides that I gave them permission to tap my phones back in the old days when I had my highly compartmentalized clearance. For those who understand it I held a Top Secret, NATO, CRYPTO, ATOMAL, COSMIC (and a few other acronyms that I forget).

So let em listen, at least it's a job.

Holy fuck that's a lot of words just to say:

"Look everyone! I had a security clearance!"

He didn't just have a "security clearance". He had MORE clearance than the current POTUS is qualified for. Jackass.

It's more than curious... it's pathetic. Too often, the same people who complain that the phone companies are providing lists of phone numbers to the government... have NOTHING to say about the Obama administration's seizure of the private medical records of every citizen in this country. This 'Tom Clancyesque' paranoia that Big Brother is listening to our phone calls is a non-starter when in compared to the REALITY of government access to the most minute and private functions of our very bodies. :eek:

Does any rational person actually believe this doesn't violate the 4th?... that, over the course of time, these medical records won't be used to answer such questions as 'should people be allowed to teach school while using an anti-depressant, or should truck drivers be licensed with a history of heart disease? Can we own a gun if we've got a family history of psychiatric disorders?

Honestly, the hypocrisy I've witnessed over the last year on this issue is astounding. Medical records are PRIVATE PROPERTY... and they've been seized without a warrant in the Porkulus bill.

I'm sorry, I know you've all heard it a thousand times, and many believe it to be weak or just plain BS. But still, who gives a damn if the NSA or CIA gain access to your phone records? The answer is of course criminals and terrorists. I am neither one, I talk to my youngest son who is a dual citizen of Germany and the USA, he has chosen to stay in Germany. But if they want to listen in they can. We even use certain words on purpose sometimes just to brighten their day. Besides that I gave them permission to tap my phones back in the old days when I had my highly compartmentalized clearance. For those who understand it I held a Top Secret, NATO, CRYPTO, ATOMAL, COSMIC (and a few other acronyms that I forget).

He didn't just have a "security clearance". He had MORE clearance than the current POTUS is qualified for. Jackass.

Geez.....my face is turning red out of embarrassment-sympathy for you. As the Prez Obama is already qualified. Please don't tell me you're one of the poor saps duped by crackhax sites like Freerepublic
who passed around the rumor obama was denied clearance? As for the "highly compartmentalized clearance" claim ollie made he is ignorant, lying, or purposefully trying to be deceptive to inflate himself:

"Acronyms such as ATOMAL, CNWDI, COMSEC, COSMIC, CRYPTO, NOFORN, ORCON, SAP, SCI, SIOP-ESI, SPECAT, SIOP-ESI, etc., are not clearances. They are categories of classified information, some of which have extra need-to-know restrictions or require special access authorizations."
Security Clearance Frequently Asked Questions

He listed some acronyms that aren't clearances at all! Lol........jackass? Yep. But at least I know how to read.

The government is not listening to any conversations. So why are you so concerned that they are violating your rights? Your phone records are not your private conversations so why worry about it.

For the THIRD time:

For someone claiming to educate the rest of us you sure seem hard pressed to address that simple question. To answer yours about phone records, it doesn't matter if they record convos or not. Our phone records are our private property. Period.

Let's see what you have to say about a NSA whistleblower who points out communications are monitored:

"Tice said on Wednesday that the NSA had vacuumed in all domestic communications of Americans, including, faxes, phone calls and network traffic."

Then read:

“And once that information gets to the NSA, and they start to put it through the filters there . . . and they start looking for word-recognition, if someone just talked about the daily news and mentioned something about the Middle East they could easily be brought to the forefront of having that little flag put by their name that says ‘potential terrorist."
NSA Whistleblower: Wiretaps Were Combined with Credit Card Records of U.S. Citizens | Threat Level | Wired.com

If it may please your Highness, could you explain how they perform word recognition tests without monitoring conversations?

For a bunch of fucks always whining about jobs... you're the first to wanna tear down anyone who provides jobs.

This is why they shouldn't have stopped people from suing the telecom companies during Dubya's administration. By doing that, the telecoms interpreted it as, 'Hey, it's okay to give the government anything they want even if they don't have a court order'.

This is what the right didn't understand or didn't want to acknowledge in the aftermath of 9-11 and the passing of the Patriot Act.

This is why they shouldn't have stopped people from suing the telecom companies during Dubya's administration. By doing that, the telecoms interpreted it as, 'Hey, it's okay to give the government anything they want even if they don't have a court order'.

This is what the right didn't understand or didn't want to acknowledge in the aftermath of 9-11 and the passing of the Patriot Act.

Come now. Both sides of the aisle sold us out after 9E. I seriously fucking hate the disease of the worst membranes of Liberalism being brought in my Party but Dems are in the very least accessories by apathy and fear. Instead of being concerned over the Constitution they Voted for their personal benefit instead of principle and they were not completely helpless during Bush's Tenure.

For the THIRD time:

For someone claiming to educate the rest of us you sure seem hard pressed to address that simple question. To answer yours about phone records, it doesn't matter if they record convos or not. Our phone records are our private property. Period.

Let's see what you have to say about a NSA whistleblower who points out communications are monitored:

"Tice said on Wednesday that the NSA had vacuumed in all domestic communications of Americans, including, faxes, phone calls and network traffic."

Then read:

“And once that information gets to the NSA, and they start to put it through the filters there . . . and they start looking for word-recognition, if someone just talked about the daily news and mentioned something about the Middle East they could easily be brought to the forefront of having that little flag put by their name that says ‘potential terrorist."
NSA Whistleblower: Wiretaps Were Combined with Credit Card Records of U.S. Citizens | Threat Level | Wired.com

If it may please your Highness, could you explain how they perform word recognition tests without monitoring conversations?

The crickets are gonna go on strike soon. They won't chirp forever....

Geez.....my face is turning red out of embarrassment-sympathy for you. As the Prez Obama is already qualified. Please don't tell me you're one of the poor saps duped by crackhax sites like Freerepublic
who passed around the rumor obama was denied clearance? As for the "highly compartmentalized clearance" claim ollie made he is ignorant, lying, or purposefully trying to be deceptive to inflate himself:

"Acronyms such as ATOMAL, CNWDI, COMSEC, COSMIC, CRYPTO, NOFORN, ORCON, SAP, SCI, SIOP-ESI, SPECAT, SIOP-ESI, etc., are not clearances. They are categories of classified information, some of which have extra need-to-know restrictions or require special access authorizations."
Security Clearance Frequently Asked Questions

He listed some acronyms that aren't clearances at all! Lol........jackass? Yep. But at least I know how to read.

It's amazing how fast some run from facts.

Jenny, don't bother defending my statements to bentlight, He/she/it is in my ignore list for stupidity. I'm certain that this person has no clue what they are talking about. Besides they like to make things personal.

Jenny, don't bother defending my statements to bentlight, He/she/it is in my ignore list for stupidity. I'm certain that this person has no clue what they are talking about. Besides they like to make things personal.

Hahaha....it's even more hilarious! You tried to pass off administrative categories of classified info as security clearances then accuse others of being ignorant.

Forum List

Back