FBI investigates Virginia incident

Well, this looks pretty valid from what I can find, DailyKos's take on the story aside:

FBI investigates Virginia incident - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

Law enforcement authorities are investigating the discovery of a cut propane gas line at the Virginia home of Rep. Tom Perriello’s (D-Va.) brother, whose address was targeted by tea party activists angry at the congressman’s vote for the health care bill.

An aide to the congressman confirmed to POLITICO that a line to a propane tank behind his brother's home near Charlottesville had been sliced.

The FBI would not disclose the details of the incident, but said that they have been to the home.

“This is very preliminary at this point, so we’re not making any comment at this time,” local FBI spokesman M.A. Myers told POLITICO.

Lee Catlin, community relations director for the Albemarle County Fire Marshal, said in a statement to POLITICO that the office is “investigating a suspicious incident” at the home of the congressman’s brother. “The Fire Marshal’s Office is conducting the investigation in cooperation with the FBI,” Catlin said. “While officials are not willing to characterize the exact nature of the incident because of the ongoing investigation, it did not involve an immediate threat to occupants of the residence. However officials are taking the incident very seriously and conducting a vigorous investigation,” the statement said.

POLITICO reported on Monday that Mike Troxel, an organizer for the Lynchburg Tea Party, posted on his blog what he thought was the congressman’s address, encouraging tea party activists to “drop by.”

The address has since been posted on websites of at least one other local tea party activist

Here is the link to Mike Troxel's blog on the Lynchburg Tea Party's site, though it seems to be overloaded with hits at the moment, probably with people fact-checking the story:

http://lynchburgteaparty.com/

Last edited:
No you just cant read..

They posted his brothers adress thinking it was his adress and now someone has cut the brothers gas line.

Its being reported on the news.

Sure they did. Sure they did

_21477BP~Looney-Tunes-Wile-E-Coyote-Posters2.jpg

Looks like teabagger intimidation tactics...

And they claim to represent "real" Americans??

It is infinitely more likely that someone reading the never ending nonsense spewing from Truthmattersnot's keyboard will die from a brain aneurysm than a Democrat Politician or Crony will be attacked by a Real Tea Partier.

Just sayin'.

There really are a lot of revved up reality challenged morons out there on all sides who just might - maybe - be listening to too many talking heads forgetting they're entertainers and reading too many psycho nutjob blogs and viral e-mails thinking they're fact. I wouldn't put it past a few to go from speech to action.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK62MQ_OIEI]YouTube - Dingell: It will take some time for ObamaCare to "control the people"[/ame]

This could kill someone too

There appears to be a semi-organized effort at vandalism and intimidation on the part of the far-right at the moment.

I think these folks should be very careful about their actions in the near future. People in Virginia carry guns. I know if I found someone on my property cutting a gas line, it would be "shoot first, ask questions later".

Just saying...

It is infinitely more likely that someone reading the never ending nonsense spewing from Truthmattersnot's keyboard will die from a brain aneurysm than a Democrat Politician or Crony will be attacked by a Real Tea Partier.

Just sayin'.

Like 98% chance it's an Alinskyite

Stupak was threatened too, but only because he waited before voting for Liberal Fascism

It's more likely an Alinsky-esque attempt to make the Dems more sympathetic to offset the very negative sentiments of the locals over the passage of ObamaCare.

It's not going to work.

There appears to be a semi-organized effort at vandalism and intimidation on the part of the far-right at the moment.

I think these folks should be very careful about their actions in the near future. People in Virginia carry guns. I know if I found someone on my property cutting a gas line, it would be "shoot first, ask questions later".

Just saying...

You'd be shooting at a fellow Alinskyite

Just saying...

Problem is the shot could ignite the gas.

This is getting really out of hand and the right just keeps on pretending nothing is happening

Like 98% chance it's an Alinskyite

Wow, that's a well researched statistic.

A 98% chance that it's a member of some radical leftist group, that hasn't existed since the 70's, in an attempt to frame the Tea Partiers, even though a top member of the Tea Partiers posted the specific address in question on his blog?

LOL.

Just saying...

Problem is the shot could ignite the gas.

This is getting really out of hand and the right just keeps on pretending nothing is happening

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK62MQ_OIEI]YouTube - Dingell: It will take some time for ObamaCare to "control the people"[/ame]

It's happening

Try again......it's true........

Gas Line Cut at Perriello Family Home
Posted: Mar 24, 2010 11:48 AM CST Updated: Mar 24, 2010 12:22 PM CST

The FBI, along with Albemarle County's Fire Marshal, are investigating a cut gas line in the Peacock Hills section of Ivy. The home is owned by the brother of Congressman Tom Perriello (D).

"While officials are not willing to characterize the exact nature of the incident because of the ongoing investigation, it did not involve an immediate threat to occupants of the residence," says county spokesperson Lee Catlin in a statement to NBC29.

The incident comes just hours after a Danville Tea Party activist mistakenly posted the brother's addresses as being the home of Congressman Perriello. The Danville Register Bee reports the activist, Nigel Coleman, believed it was the address of the congressman and posted it on a Facebook page, inviting people to "drop by" to "express their thanks" on the Congressman's vote on heath care reform.

He called the mistake "collateral damage" in the article. Coleman took down the post and admitted to the newspaper that it was in "poor taste." The activist denied any role in the incident, according to Lynchburg TV station WSET.

"Officials are taking the incident very seriously and conducting a vigorous investigation. Additional details will be released as the investigation continues. The County's involvement began last night following a request for assistance by the FBI," says Catlin.

Gas Line Cut at Perriello Family Home - NBC29

It was a tea party activist who posted his brothers address thinking it was the congressman's. Someone read that posting telling people to go to his house and "thank him for voting for health care", and decided to pay a visit. It's currently all over the news, so thinking that it's a hoax just because it was on a left website, try again.

There were also propane tanks around. The family pulled into the driveway, smelled the gas and left. Thank the Lord that nobody got hurt.

These tea party assholes are getting outta hand.............I'll bet that eventually someone is gong to get hurt or worse, and it may happen soon. The brick throwing was just the start, now they're trying to actually kill people.

Same with the death threats on the kids of that congresswoman.

It's more likely an Alinsky-esque attempt to make the Dems more sympathetic to offset the very negative sentiments of the locals over the passage of ObamaCare.

It's not going to work.

You folks like using that name, "Alinsky", you do know that right-wing tea partiers and right-wing militia members have been buying Alinsky's books left and right and adopting his tactics, right?

The FBI recently put out a report on it.

4 kids under the age of 8 live in that house.

Liberal Fascists have no respect for human life

Forum List

Back