FBI director may have to resign over gun comments.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The FBI director said a disturbing thing about gun owners, especially those who carry concealed guns, and it may lead to obama asking for his resignation....what did he say in response to a question about his interaction with concealed carriers as a Prosecutor before he became the FBI director....

FBI Director Never Had A Problem With Concealed Carriers The Daily Caller

FBI director James Comey testified in front of a House panel on Wednesday to discuss the agency’s 2016 budget, but he ended up making a profound point about the issue of concealed carry.

At the end of the two-hour budget hearing, Texas U.S. Rep. John Culberson, chairman of the Appropriations Subcommittee on Justice, asked Comey about the nature of his interactions with legal concealed carry permit holders.

Before his stint as head of the FBI, Comey worked for more than two decades as a federal prosecutor.

“You mentioned earlier about criminals with guns, I doubt you’ve ever had a problem with a concealed carry permit holder who is licensed with a background check using their good judgment,” Culberson said at the end of Comey’s two-hour testimony. “Could you comment on that as a law enforcement officer?”

“I haven’t had situations where there has been problems with that,” Comey said.

“With a concealed carry permit holder?” Culberson asked.

“No, not that I can remember,” Comey said.

So....because of those comments you should expect the director to be asked to step down....or maybe he will resign to "spend more time with his family."

I love this FBI Director. His honesty is refreshing. Too bad they didn't ask him how many times a concealed carry user / American has stopped a violent crime.

The FBI director said a disturbing thing about gun owners, especially those who carry concealed guns, and it may lead to obama asking for his resignation....what did he say in response to a question about his interaction with concealed carriers as a Prosecutor before he became the FBI director....

FBI director James Comey testified in front of a House panel on Wednesday to discuss the agency’s 2016 budget, but he ended up making a profound point about the issue of concealed carry.

At the end of the two-hour budget hearing, Texas U.S. Rep. John Culberson, chairman of the Appropriations Subcommittee on Justice, asked Comey about the nature of his interactions with legal concealed carry permit holders.

Before his stint as head of the FBI, Comey worked for more than two decades as a federal prosecutor.

“You mentioned earlier about criminals with guns, I doubt you’ve ever had a problem with a concealed carry permit holder who is licensed with a background check using their good judgment,” Culberson said at the end of Comey’s two-hour testimony. “Could you comment on that as a law enforcement officer?”

So....because of those comments you should expect the director to be asked to step down....or maybe he will resign to "spend more time with his family."

ScratchHead.gif

Based on ... what?
Is he lying?

I don't get it. What's the point here?

Why is his honesty refreshing? Because in a corrupt system? It's rare to have the opportunity to hear from someone who isn't willing to lay down. He's telling the truth. He should be commended for it. I love people who refuse to compromise the truth.

Quote of the day:

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Why is his honesty refreshing? Because in a corrupt system? It's rare to have the opportunity to hear from someone who isn't willing to lay down. He's telling the truth. He should be commended for it. I love people who refuse to compromise the truth.

No, "why" does the OP suggest he may have to retire? I don't see dots to connect here. We get a single question-answer culled from a boring budget hearing. What's the point?

What are we missing here?

Doubt it. President Obama's in a world of shit as it is over the Israel leak.

No, "why" does the OP suggest he may have to retire? I don't see dots to connect here. What are we missing?
The implication is that by revealing he has, as a prosecutor, not had any problems with Concealed Carry Permit holders, he has run afoul of the administration's stand against gun ownership.

ScratchHead.gif

Based on ... what?
Is he lying?

Based on the facts. I know it is a novel idea for some of you, but let's explore it anyhow, Pogo. The point is that 2nd Amendment rights are not harmful to a free society. The point is concealed carry permits have not caused a single incident in which an argument could be made that it is in any way harmful to the good of the public. Truth be known it is a great prevention of violent crime. Crimes that would have happened have been prevented in the tens of thousands due to concealed Carry permit users. That is the point. Furthermore, when the FBI Director answers as he has? It's all the confirmation anyone should need - to realize - concealed Carry is a good thing for America.

No, "why" does the OP suggest he may have to retire? I don't see dots to connect here. What are we missing?
The implication is that by revealing he has, as a prosecutor, not had any problems with Concealed Carry Permit holders, he has run afoul of the administration's stand against gun ownership.

Nah, that would make no sense. There's no basis for it.

Doubt it. President Obama's in a world of shit as it is over the Israel leak.

What are you talking about? What Israel leak?

ScratchHead.gif

Based on ... what?
Is he lying?

Based on the facts. I know it is a novel idea for some of you, but let's explore it anyhow, Pogo. The point is that 2nd Amendment rights are not harmful to a free society. The point is concealed carry permits have not caused a single incident in which an argument could be made that it is in any way harmful to the good of the public. Truth be known it is a great prevention of violent crime. Crimes that would have happened have been prevented in the tens of thousands due to concealed Carry permit users. That is the point.

It's a budget hearing. They're not even talking about the 2nd Amendment.

Since you said "based on the facts", let's go there -- where does anyone, anywhere, even slightly indicate there's something "wrong" with a simple question and answer about experience? Let alone that he'll be "asked to resign"? :cuckoo:

Think somebody's simply making up filler on a slow news day?

I gotta say, the more emptyheaded crap articles I see posted here from the Daily Cowlick, which never seems to document anything, the more I have to wonder why anyone ever reads that rag. Are y'all this easily distracted by shiny objects?

I was pointing out the implication. I wasn't commenting on how strong its basis was.

Who cares what this administration's stand is? It only strengthens the point that he is right and we should listen to him.

Who cares what this administration's stand is? It only strengthens the point that he is right and we should listen to him.
You're pretending to be obtuse. Do not do that.

Why don't you ask his opinion on background checks, armor piercing bullets, large capacity magazines and assault rifles

Then it will be you demanding that he resign

I was pointing out the implication. I wasn't commenting on how strong its basis was.

Well the question is really for the OP who for some reason thinks this is a story. :dunno:

It's a theory, maybe all we have, but not much of one.

ScratchHead.gif

Based on ... what?
Is he lying?

The point is one of the Highest law enforcement officials in the country, who has direct experience with the issue of citizens carrying guns for self defense....said it isn't a problem.....in an administration that is rabidly anti gun......so he may have to at least apologize to the teenager in Chief who is his boss....

Owning a gun doesn't turn law-abiding citizens into violent criminals.

Just sayin'.

Why don't you ask his opinion on background checks, armor piercing bullets, large capacity magazines and assault rifles

Then it will be you demanding that he resign

Well...seems like he might actually tell the truth about all those things....that background checks don't stop criminals from getting guns, that along with the rest of law enforcement, they don't thin armor piercing bullets are a problem, and that large magazine capacity is not an issue to stop crimes or mass shootings and that assault rifles kill fewer people each year than fists and feet and knives and clubs do....so they also are not an issue...

He would say that if he is honest......

Forum List

Back