FBI director blames the internet

John Wilkes Boothe killed President Lincoln based on all the intel he found on the internet. :uhoh3:

We need to give the President that "Internet Kill Switch" he's been asking for because as we've all found out: "Information and Freedom can Kill".

Just think, once we get rid of questionable books and the internet, all killings will stop. We'll be instantly transported into a utopia.

Not for nothing, but by definition hate speech cannot be called "information".

Can information be called hate speech? It sure can if you are sensitive enough. Be careful what you wish for lefties. The unrelenting assault on Sara Palin and currently Michelle Bachmann can be called hate speech. How do we stop "hate speech" on the internet? By taking it over and creating a minister of internet and sending federal cops to the homes of violators of certain (but not all) perceived "hate speech". Anyone want that?

Here's what the left means by hate speech: speech by anyone the left hates.

I kid you not. The top law-enforcement head thinks that hate-speech on the internet was a primary cause of the shooting in Arizona. In other words (correct me if I'm wrong) the federal government thinks that Americans are unable to deal with the flood of information on the internet. What's the solution? Control information. It's a good time to control the internet and next the print media and hollywood and talk radio. Who do we blame for JFK's assassinatoin or Bobby's or the attempted assassination of Jerry Ford and Ronald Reagan? Hollywood promoted a foreign made movie depicting the assassination of a sitting president, George Bush a couple of years ago. The NY Times often quoted the radical left wing hate speech from Cindy Sheehan's anti-war group and printed hate speech by Al-Jazzera as if it was real news. The FBI director should be fired if his investivative abilities are limited to blaming the internet.
Aw, c'mon.....you're gonna get the White-Wingers (prematurely) overly-optimistic.

Jedgar's Days....​

It's your fault, and yours, and you over there... yeah, you too buddy, and you, and you, and... you can't hide, you too! All of you. If you post on the internet it's your... hey, wait a minute

Last edited:
If you dolts understood the first amendment you would understand there are limits. If you are opposed to pronography, you accept the government has a role in curtailing speech.

Okay.

What's the LIMIT in this particular case?

Should we ban the Communist Manifesto and Mein Kampf?
Should we ban books on GRAMMAR?
And how about that pesky Constitution?

I'm not suggesting consorship at all; I simply pointed out we all have opinions on the utterances or writings of others. There are laws against slander and libel, torts when somone yells fire in a crowd when someone is hurt and a thousand other instances where most agree the government has a role in restricting or punishing speech.
Even this message board bans people and posts which fail to comply with certain standards. So stop being a self righteous bore, and stop contributing to slippery slope conspiracies or continue to be an arrogant hypocrite.

One fact I do know is that many mentally unstable people do much better without the net.

It feeds their delusions, they seek out those who agree with their delusional views and it reinforces their delusions to the point it become their reality.

If you dolts understood the first amendment you would understand there are limits. If you are opposed to pronography, you accept the government has a role in curtailing speech.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech unless Wry Cather says they can, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

What do you know, you are right. There it is plain as day.

Funny innit? Hate speech is cool as long as it's the left using it. Ever been to their three fabo internet nests??? MM and HP and MO??? huh??? How about ed schitz..? he's okay isn't he?? and they applaud for the likes of grayson when he says stuff like "Republicans want you to die quickly." Oh the hypocrisy.

Pish posh. As long as it only applies to flag burning, kill bush, yank cheneys heart out, they're down with it. Hell, we had a thread on cheney's pulse a few days ago. We got see to see some of the compassion by the left...

there was a potential presidential candidate who said 'kill bush'? or said there were 'pro america parts of the country;? or said 'don't retreat, reload?' or put cross hatches over people faces to take *aim* at? or told people the government was going to kill their grandma or sick children? really?

there were democratic members of congress telling people to 'use their second amendment remedies'?

i'm afraid that the fringe in the case of the repubs is the mainstream....

Okay.

I'm not suggesting consorship at all; I simply pointed out we all have opinions on the utterances or writings of others. There are laws against slander and libel, torts when somone yells fire in a crowd when someone is hurt and a thousand other instances where most agree the government has a role in restricting or punishing speech.
Even this message board bans people and posts which fail to comply with certain standards. So stop being a self righteous bore, and stop contributing to slippery slope conspiracies or continue to be an arrogant hypocrite.

Yes you are suggesting censorship, you feeble minded git.

Making a privately run message forum the equivalent of the government is inane. We do have freedom of association, and the owners/management of the board can ban anyone they wish. It's Their Board.

Suggesting that such individual right of freedom of association gives the government the power to limit Freedom of Speech is sophistry (one of the lone things in which you appear to excel).

The Shooter did not claim that he was following Palin's orders. He did claim that Mein Kampf and The Communist Manifesto were among his favorite books - and appears to like some rather awful heavy metal music. And he has issues with GRAMMAR.

So please explain, from the incoherent muddle of his influences, what SPEECH should be blamed for his actions.

"We cannot walk away from this one.

We cannot blame one nutjob for the shooting of 19 people Saturday in Tucson, Ariz., and wash our hands of it.

We cannot pretend that this is only about him and not about us.

Worst of all, we cannot say we were not warned.

For more than two years, sensible people have been pleading with their fellow Americans to tone down the rhetoric, to quit with the demonizing, to end the fear-mongering.

In what kind of country, the sensible people asked, do political leaders across the board not condemn a sign at a rally that reads: “We left our guns at home — this time”?

In what kind of country do people show up at presidential speeches with guns on their hips?

In what kind of a country do callers to radio shows routinely smear those with whom they disagree — beginning with our president — as “traitors” and “un-American,” while pandering hosts say only, “Thanks for the call.”

If we continue this way, the sensible people warned, something will happen.

And now something has happened."

NOW, something's happened??????? :eusa_eh:

Okay.

This message board is not the government, and the staff here can ban people for any reason at all, including personal bias. Me posting here is done at the convenience of the staff. On the other hand, the government exists at my convenience, and does not have the right to take away my speech simply because I disagree with the people who think they run things.

Last edited:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech unless Wry Cather says they can, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

What do you know, you are right. There it is plain as day.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

epic-win.jpg

Funny innit? Hate speech is cool as long as it's the left using it. Ever been to their three fabo internet nests??? MM and HP and MO??? huh??? How about ed schitz..? he's okay isn't he?? and they applaud for the likes of grayson when he says stuff like "Republicans want you to die quickly." Oh the hypocrisy.

Pish posh. As long as it only applies to flag burning, kill bush, yank cheneys heart out, they're down with it. Hell, we had a thread on cheney's pulse a few days ago. We got see to see some of the compassion by the left...

there was a potential presidential candidate who said 'kill bush'? or said there were 'pro america parts of the country;? or said 'don't retreat, reload?' or put cross hatches over people faces to take *aim* at? or told people the government was going to kill their grandma or sick children? really?

there were democratic members of congress telling people to 'use their second amendment remedies'?

And Joe Manchin, shooting a bullet through Obamacare?

One fact I do know is that many mentally unstable people do much better without the net.

It feeds their delusions, they seek out those who agree with their delusional views and it reinforces their delusions to the point it become their reality.

I think you might have a point there, but we cannot cut off the internet because some people are crazy.

And Joe Manchin, shooting a bullet through Obamacare?

i know you love that, b/c the idiot is a dem. but do you think this nutter even knew who manchin is?

or do you think he knows what the drum beat has been for the past two years?

red herring. sorry.... and another effort to refuse to take responsibility for the disgusting rhetoric.

Obama is repub?

Obama: ‘If They Bring a Knife to the Fight, We Bring a Gun’ - Washington Wire - WSJ

Does this support your theory that it is only Republican right wing gun nuts who say things like this, or does it mean that I am right in saying that people have the right to say whatever they want?

Drink some more kool aid Jillian it'll make you feel better. I actually feel sorry for you; you so are so unable to get that Mrs. Palin didn't mean to literally shoot people. You'd love for everyone to believe that but it's not the truth. You are so whacked out you can't even recognize yourself anymore. I do however remember all you liberals including obie wan sitting around laughing your asses off at the thought of Rush Limbaugh dying of kidney failure. Yep and of Cheny's heart disease also. so get off your moral high horse.

Forum List

Back