FBI: Beating at Cracker Barrel may be hate crime

That didn't happen at school. That's like suspending a juvenile for shoplifting something at the mall.

Those girls need the book thrown at them.

no way,, that pussy should have stood up and fought back, a bunch of high schoolers fighting can not be taken seriously,, the other one didn't happen at school either, it was on a bus.

You are still under the school's care while on the bus.

the school really cared about him didn't they?

That didn't happen at school. That's like suspending a juvenile for shoplifting something at the mall.

no way,, that pussy should have stood up and fought back, a bunch of high schoolers fighting can not be taken seriously,, the other one didn't happen at school either, it was on a bus.

Willow, an argument that turns violent is a bit different to luring someone to a location with the specific intention of filming them getting beaten up.

Exactly!

Actually, having thought more about it I think we both have it wrong and that the decision to just suspend them was the right thing to do.

I kinda have a problem with that because, unless they've been kicked out of the bus system they'll be back i a few days, presumably swaggering, and likely even more pissed at the white kid.

I wonder what punishment has been handed out to those who were cheering the attackers on. Presumably very little, or nothing. I also wonder whether the few who stepped in to break it up have received any recognition for doing the right thing.

The alternative is to lock them up until they are 18. That's like jail-lite and they wont come out better, they will come out worse and now they'll have street cred having been locked up. All this because they picked on and beat up a weaker kid.

Kids are gonna cheer when there's a fight ... that's the way it goes.

Yeah, I know. Doesn't make it right though. And I know JH isn't going to do them any favors.

You are still under the school's care while on the bus.

the school really cared about him didn't they?

I said that the bus driver should lose his job in my very first post on this entire topic wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back on page one of Mal's thread.

Willow, an argument that turns violent is a bit different to luring someone to a location with the specific intention of filming them getting beaten up.

this wasn't an argument that turned violent, the kid merely wanted to sit down, he had been refused, and finally just moved some books and sat down, no arguement, he suffered a beating because he just sat down. that sucks and it's criminal. they should go to jail.

I kinda have a problem with that because, unless they've been kicked out of the bus system they'll be back i a few days, presumably swaggering, and likely even more pissed at the white kid.

I wonder what punishment has been handed out to those who were cheering the attackers on. Presumably very little, or nothing. I also wonder whether the few who stepped in to break it up have received any recognition for doing the right thing.

The alternative is to lock them up until they are 18. That's like jail-lite and they wont come out better, they will come out worse and now they'll have street cred having been locked up. All this because they picked on and beat up a weaker kid.

Yeah, I know. Doesn't make it right though. And I know JH isn't going to do them any favors.

Of course not but to try to put what happened with these boys on par with what the guy who beat the woman and this planned gang beating by a bunch of girls, which we know Willow is trying to do, is not an apt comparison.

What makes it worse is that she believes that I am giving the boys a pass and that the reason for that is because they are black. It's bull shit.

The alternative is to lock them up until they are 18.
That's like jail-lite and they wont come out better, they will come out worse and now they'll have street cred having been locked up. All this because they picked on and beat up a weaker kid.

that's a bull argument article, locking them up til they are 18 isn't the only alternative, how about six months in juvey with some labor and actual school work thrown in in a controlled environment.. how about some classes in pulling together, and bullying and what it leads to,, in short about some damn education?

Of course not but to try to put what happened with these boys on par with what the guy who beat the woman and this planned gang beating by a bunch of girls, which we know Willow is trying to do, is not an apt comparison.

What makes it worse is that she believes that I am giving the boys a pass and that the reason for that is because they are black. It's bull shit.
did you call it bullshit when ravi said i only wanted to punish them because they were black? no you did not.

what I am trying to tell your dense self is that the viloence you tolerate in teens cause they are just kids often leads to the grown man that continues to be violent. now had he been punished in the right way as a kid he may have turned out differently.

this wasn't an argument that turned violent, the kid merely wanted to sit down, he had been refused, and finally just moved some books and sat down, no arguement, he suffered a beating because he just sat down. that sucks and it's criminal. they should go to jail.

He wanted to sit down, the other kid didn't want him to. To me that's an argument. Or disagreement, whatever. I still agree it sucks, I still agree they should be prosecuted, but it's still a far cry from what happened to this girl.

I know.

The police are considering criminal charges.

The school board is considering expulsion.

Now someone please tell me why a thread about a white man beating a black women in front of her daughter has been hijacked by someone and turned into yet another thread about school children beating each other up.

I guess no one cares about the woman that got beat up.

Why, I wonder?

did you call it bullshit when ravi said i only wanted to punish them because they were black? no you did not.

what I am trying to tell your dense self is that the viloence you tolerate in teens cause they are just kids often leads to the grown man that continues to be violent. now had he been punished in the right way as a kid he may have turned out differently.
It seems to me you do, Willow, just from the way you've hijacked this thread.

Now someone please tell me why a thread about a white man beating a black women in front of her daughter has been hijacked by someone and turned into yet another thread about school children beating each other up.

Why, I wonder?

what's your best guess? she was a soldier huh? been through basic? combat training? why didn't she kick some ass?

It seems to me you do, Willow, just from the way you've hijacked this thread.

you think this was higjacked,, hell I was trying to talk about water shortages and article threw up a confederate map , now that's hijacked. :lol: at least I'm still talking about violence not geography. :lol:

Why, I wonder?

What gives you the impression that nobody cares, Ravi?

Now I expect all of those who were in the other thread when the white student got attacked to post here as well. :eusa_whistle:

Troy Dale West Jr., of Poulan, Georgia, is facing charges including misdemeanor battery and disorderly conduct after allegedly beating Army reservist Tashawnea Hill, 35, after the two had words at the entrance of the Morrow, Georgia, restaurant the evening of September 9.

Hill, an African-American, told police that West, 47, yelled racial epithets at her as the attack took place.

"At no point did Ms. Hill do anything to provoke the attack. She did not spit on Mr. West. She spoke to him. He attacked her," Jones said.

Police say Hill stated that "West punched her in the left cheek, forehead, kicked her body in several places, and punched her head in many areas several times."

Jones said he was "convinced this was a hateful, racist attack ... based on the N-word, the B-word, etc."

"The language was vile. It was racist. It was sexist. It was completely offensive, completely unprovoked," Jones said.

What an Academy Award winner this scumbag is. Not only does he beat up this woman but does so in front of her seven year old daughter. Who by the way he almost just smashed when he was opening the door. Oh, and on top of that, she's a Army reservist.

This story is MEH, the dude is an idiot for beating up a girl. I dont care what words they exchanged, the guy is a moron, you dont argue with then physically attack a person over the argument. Thats high school behavior right there...nevermind a man hitting a woman, thats whole seperate issue.

When I was in school, I saw kids fight over the silliest of things, like moving someone else's book or backpack without permission. Were they all racist too? Should they have all be arrested too?

When I was in school, I saw kids fight over the silliest of things, like moving someone else's book or backpack without permission. Were they all racist too? Should they have all be arrested too?

Bumping for Willow's reply.

If he was dropping n-bombs while he was beating the woman then yes, race was in play here.

I can't agree with you on that one. While the guy is certainly a scumbag, it's entirely possible that in his rage he merely used eptithets he assumed she'd find offensive. It doesn't necessarily mean he assaulted her because she was black. Another reason why I oppose hate crime laws.

Anyone that thinks this guy should do more time because the woman was black and he called her a ******, than we would do if she was white and he called her a ****, is IMO a totally racist douchebag.

Bumping for Willow's reply.

if they display the violence thises kids did absolutely they should be arrested.. assault and battery is a crime. unless you want to give them a pass. if you do then give everybody a pass.

Forum List

Back