FBI: Beating at Cracker Barrel may be hate crime

Now I expect all of those who were in the other thread when the white student got attacked to post here as well. :eusa_whistle:

FBI: Beating at Cracker Barrel may be hate crime - CNN.com

Troy Dale West Jr., of Poulan, Georgia, is facing charges including misdemeanor battery and disorderly conduct after allegedly beating Army reservist Tashawnea Hill, 35, after the two had words at the entrance of the Morrow, Georgia, restaurant the evening of September 9.

Hill, an African-American, told police that West, 47, yelled racial epithets at her as the attack took place.

"At no point did Ms. Hill do anything to provoke the attack. She did not spit on Mr. West. She spoke to him. He attacked her," Jones said.

Police say Hill stated that "West punched her in the left cheek, forehead, kicked her body in several places, and punched her head in many areas several times."

Jones said he was "convinced this was a hateful, racist attack ... based on the N-word, the B-word, etc."

"The language was vile. It was racist. It was sexist. It was completely offensive, completely unprovoked," Jones said.

What an Academy Award winner this scumbag is. Not only does he beat up this woman but does so in front of her seven year old daughter. Who by the way he almost just smashed when he was opening the door. Oh, and on top of that, she's a Army reservist.

It's hard to say without seeing any video, but on the known facts a guy beating on a woman is scummy. Skin color doesn't mean any more in this than it did in the other. You're either a scumbag or you're not. Your reasons for being a scumbag are immaterial.

Sounds like he has a problem with both blacks and women.

Why don't we call up the highest ranking Republican and ask him to defend this man's actions? That would be Boehner, I believe.

should we call the highest ranking demoncwat and ask him to defend the four blacks that raped tortured sodomized and removed the sexual organs of that white couple in Tennessee? I think they had a problem with whites women and white boys!

Sad thing about this story is that it is a "he said, she said" kind of thing. There have been no witnesses come forward to back up either of their stories. Best to let this thing play out and see where it goes before jumping up and passing judgement. Hate crime? NOPE! It was a crime no doubt but to class this particular incident a hate crime and others NOT is MAKING IT a racial issue when it could very well not be.

If he was dropping n-bombs while he was beating the woman then yes, race was in play here.

Either way the dude is total lunatic.

Do we have that on tape? Or is it her word? If it's only her word I doubt it. As we have all learned of ate the race card is often played. So until I hear it on tape it's no big deal just two people fighting, he should be expelled from wherever he is..I see nothing to indicate race. I gotta hear it.

lol ... what a shock.

Lil Miss Eye for an Eye jumps and firmly plants her foot in her mouth.

Notice that I said "if he was dropping n-bombs then, yes" and I didn't jump to conclusions unlike a few ppl in thread A.

Now I expect all of those who were in the other thread when the white student got attacked to post here as well. :eusa_whistle:

FBI: Beating at Cracker Barrel may be hate crime - CNN.com

Troy Dale West Jr., of Poulan, Georgia, is facing charges including misdemeanor battery and disorderly conduct after allegedly beating Army reservist Tashawnea Hill, 35, after the two had words at the entrance of the Morrow, Georgia, restaurant the evening of September 9.

Hill, an African-American, told police that West, 47, yelled racial epithets at her as the attack took place.

"At no point did Ms. Hill do anything to provoke the attack. She did not spit on Mr. West. She spoke to him. He attacked her," Jones said.

Police say Hill stated that "West punched her in the left cheek, forehead, kicked her body in several places, and punched her head in many areas several times."

Jones said he was "convinced this was a hateful, racist attack ... based on the N-word, the B-word, etc."

"The language was vile. It was racist. It was sexist. It was completely offensive, completely unprovoked," Jones said.

What an Academy Award winner this scumbag is. Not only does he beat up this woman but does so in front of her seven year old daughter. Who by the way he almost just smashed when he was opening the door. Oh, and on top of that, she's a Army reservist.

The story didn't say what motivated the alleged attack. It only said the two "had words".

This story isn't comparable to the bus video, for one thing there was a video that clearly shows the white kid doing nothing to instigate the violence against him. And two, we don't have the full story as what motivated the alleged outburst and we have only heard one side of the story.

Personally I think anyone black, white, brown or purple that would strike a woman for whatever reason is a coward.

Don't forget three:

This was a confrontation between two grown adults and not immature school children.

sheeesh, what a slimebag
he was careless in opening the door and then he beats up a woman for pointing out her almost hit her daughter with the door?????

As Sarah Palin would say, you betcha.

And here I thought you wanted an honest discussion, but you have to go and say some asinine bullshit like this. Tell me what does Sarah have to do with this discussion?

why do you have to make a cheap political slam in this thread?

I'm not, trust me if I wanted to I could of done so much worse. :lol:

My question is, will this guy be charged with a hate crime? He just seems like a psycho to me.

If he is calling her racial epithets during the beating, perhaps that had something to do with the beatings...if that is the case, then it is a hate crime.
If this is a hate crime, then if it was a white woman and a white child, he wouldn't have done anything to them.

Interesting crime. A reservist female being beat up by a guy calling her racial epithets.

If he called her a bitch or whore, would that be a hate crime?

It should.

Being called a bitch or a whore is not racial. What a dumb question. Being called the "N" word is. (You see, that word has a history of racial hatred in case you were sheltered your entire life).

Wow, what a dumb question.

If he called her a bitch or whore, would that be a hate crime?

It should.

Being called a bitch or a whore is not racial. What a dumb question. Being called the "N" word is. (You see, that word has a history of racial hatred in case you were sheltered your entire life).

Wow, what a dumb question.
No it isn't. Hate crimes aren't just about racial issues.

it wasn't a hate crime. Just a fight between two people who learned to fight in high school.

Forum List

Back