FBI: Beating at Cracker Barrel may be hate crime

If he was dropping n-bombs while he was beating the woman then yes, race was in play here.

I can't agree with you on that one. While the guy is certainly a scumbag, it's entirely possible that in his rage he merely used eptithets he assumed she'd find offensive. It doesn't necessarily mean he assaulted her because she was black. Another reason why I oppose hate crime laws.

Anyone that thinks this guy should do more time because the woman was black and he called her a ******, than we would do if she was white and he called her a ****, is IMO a totally racist douchebag.
Interesting. So saying something racist just to cause maximum offense isn't racist? Not sure if I buy that one.

Your second statement isn't really an argument against hate crime laws.

If he was dropping n-bombs while he was beating the woman then yes, race was in play here.

I can't agree with you on that one. While the guy is certainly a scumbag, it's entirely possible that in his rage he merely used eptithets he assumed she'd find offensive. It doesn't necessarily mean he assaulted her because she was black. Another reason why I oppose hate crime laws.

Anyone that thinks this guy should do more time because the woman was black and he called her a ******, than we would do if she was white and he called her a ****, is IMO a totally racist douchebag.
Interesting. So saying something racist just to cause maximum offense isn't racist? Not sure if I buy that one.

I didn't say it wasn't racist. I said it doesn't mean racism was the motivation behind the assault.

When I was in school, I saw kids fight over the silliest of things, like moving someone else's book or backpack without permission. Were they all racist too? Should they have all be arrested too?

Bumping for Willow's reply.

if they display the violence thises kids did absolutely they should be arrested.. assault and battery is a crime. unless you want to give them a pass. if you do then give everybody a pass.

So, you are saying it DEPENDS on the situation....right?

I didn't say it wasn't racist. I said it doesn't mean racism was the motivation behind the assault.

Just when I was gonna say I agree with Ravi you had to go and clarify yourself :slap:

Bumping for Willow's reply.

if they display the violence thises kids did absolutely they should be arrested.. assault and battery is a crime. unless you want to give them a pass. if you do then give everybody a pass.

So, you are saying it DEPENDS on the situation....right?

no I said it depends on violence are you deaf dumb and totally stupid. crime is criminal don't matter what age..

Forum List

Back