FBI: Beating at Cracker Barrel may be hate crime

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Now I expect all of those who were in the other thread when the white student got attacked to post here as well. :eusa_whistle:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/16/cracker.barrel.beating/index.html

Troy Dale West Jr., of Poulan, Georgia, is facing charges including misdemeanor battery and disorderly conduct after allegedly beating Army reservist Tashawnea Hill, 35, after the two had words at the entrance of the Morrow, Georgia, restaurant the evening of September 9.

Hill, an African-American, told police that West, 47, yelled racial epithets at her as the attack took place.

"At no point did Ms. Hill do anything to provoke the attack. She did not spit on Mr. West. She spoke to him. He attacked her," Jones said.

Police say Hill stated that "West punched her in the left cheek, forehead, kicked her body in several places, and punched her head in many areas several times."

Jones said he was "convinced this was a hateful, racist attack ... based on the N-word, the B-word, etc."

"The language was vile. It was racist. It was sexist. It was completely offensive, completely unprovoked," Jones said.

What an Academy Award winner this scumbag is. Not only does he beat up this woman but does so in front of her seven year old daughter. Who by the way he almost just smashed when he was opening the door. Oh, and on top of that, she's a Army reservist.

Last edited:
Was it just a racial thing, or is she like his ex and it's a DV thing?

At any rate, what a slimebag.

Was it just a racial thing, or is she like his ex and it's a DV thing?

At any rate, what a slimebag.

Almost forgot the link. Also, it was completely random, and the guy's married. In fact, his wife was there. So I assume it was racial or the guy just has bad anger issues.

Hill told police the incident started when she and her daughter were entering the restaurant at the same time West and his wife were exiting.

They don't call it "Cracker Barrel" for nothing...

They ought to make the guy run a gaunlet comprised of Ms. Hill's compadres in the reserve.

Just like to see how he'd long he last against someone his own caliber. I despise guys like that, ones who think they're tough shit since they can beat the crap out of random women but couldn't fight a real fight. He's not even a real man, he's dirt.

If he was dropping n-bombs while he was beating the woman then yes, race was in play here.

Either way the dude is total lunatic.

Yeah...but I mean, was it like something he got up and planned that day...is he someone who wants all blacks to die and lives that religion, or is he just a guy who went apeshit & needs to be locked up?

Not to imply he shouldn't be locked up if he's a die-hard racist...just curious.

Yeah...but I mean, was it like something he got up and planned that day...is he someone who wants all blacks to die and lives that religion, or is he just a guy who went apeshit & needs to be locked up?

I got no idea ...

I doubt he planned it ahead of time but you gotta question the mindset of a dude that beats up woman in front of her child while dropping n-bombs.

Is there a differance?

Yes. One's a crazy lunatic. The other is symptomatic of a bigger problem because it's a planned action and part of a "movement".

sheeesh, what a slimebag
he was careless in opening the door and then he beats up a woman for pointing out he almost hit her daughter with the door?????

Last edited:
sheeesh, what a slimebag
he was careless in opening the door and then he beats up a woman for pointing out her almost hit her daughter with the door?????

As Sarah Palin would say, you betcha.

Now I expect all of those who were in the other thread when the white student got attacked to post here as well. :eusa_whistle:

FBI: Beating at Cracker Barrel may be hate crime - CNN.com

Troy Dale West Jr., of Poulan, Georgia, is facing charges including misdemeanor battery and disorderly conduct after allegedly beating Army reservist Tashawnea Hill, 35, after the two had words at the entrance of the Morrow, Georgia, restaurant the evening of September 9.

Hill, an African-American, told police that West, 47, yelled racial epithets at her as the attack took place.

"At no point did Ms. Hill do anything to provoke the attack. She did not spit on Mr. West. She spoke to him. He attacked her," Jones said.

Police say Hill stated that "West punched her in the left cheek, forehead, kicked her body in several places, and punched her head in many areas several times."

Jones said he was "convinced this was a hateful, racist attack ... based on the N-word, the B-word, etc."

"The language was vile. It was racist. It was sexist. It was completely offensive, completely unprovoked," Jones said.

What an Academy Award winner this scumbag is. Not only does he beat up this woman but does so in front of her seven year old daughter. Who by the way he almost just smashed when he was opening the door. Oh, and on top of that, she's a Army reservist.

He would have had to kick my ass because I would have definitely put myself in front of her, there is no excuse for this and I can't believe than nobody stepped in.......pathetic. What is funny is that Nia just named Georgia as a "progressive'' state, I'm not sure what the criteria she used to come to that conclusion or what defines a "progressive" state.

why do you have to make a cheap political slam in this thread?

I'm not, trust me if I wanted to I could of done so much worse. :lol:

My question is, will this guy be charged with a hate crime? He just seems like a psycho to me.

why do you have to make a cheap political slam in this thread?

I'm not, trust me if I wanted to I could of done so much worse. :lol:

My question is, will this guy be charged with a hate crime? He just seems like a psycho to me.
on that i can agree
hate crimes are stupid legislation
either they are guilty of a crime or they arent

If he was dropping n-bombs while he was beating the woman then yes, race was in play here.

Either way the dude is total lunatic.

Do we have that on tape? Or is it her word? If it's only her word I doubt it. As we have all learned of ate the race card is often played. So until I hear it on tape it's no big deal just two people fighting, he should be expelled from wherever he is..I see nothing to indicate race. I gotta hear it.

Forum List

Back