FBI ‘Altered’ Evidence That Falsely Cast Carter Page As Russian Spy

The FBI is a rogue agency whose rules and protocols are meaningless.

Scrap the FBI

It's not the rank and file agents
It was and is a small but powerful corrupt group.
If that was true, they would be held to the highest standards. I would imagine the FBI is full of rogue agents on power trips.

I hope not.
I think back to the New York office coming forward about the emails on Anthony Weiners laptop, after comey had already stopped all investigations.

Scrap the FBI

If that was true, they would be held to the highest standards. I would imagine the FBI is full of rogue agents on power trips.

I hope not.
I think back to the New York office coming forward about the emails on Anthony Weiners laptop, after comey had already stopped all investigations.
I'm sure there are suckers in the FBI that "follow the rules", but I bet most of it is made up of rogue agent guys like smerk on power trips.

Scrap the FBI

I wonder if the FBI will try to pin it all Obama as a scapegoat

Most likely because he was involved.
They were all involved. Obama wasn't the master mind responsible. He just went along with it.

Too many juicy things in the report, this thread addresses the one topic.

A wide-ranging investigation by the Department of Justice (DOJ) inspector general (IG) found that the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) deliberately doctored evidence it presented to the nation’s top spy court in order to gain authority to spy on a key Trump affiliate.

The 476-page report from Department of Justice Inspector General Michael Horowitz found that the FBI falsely claimed to the FISA Court not only that Carter Page was a Russian agent, but also falsely claimed that an unnamed intelligence agency had told the FBI that Page was “not a source” in their efforts to surveil and curtail Russian intelligence efforts.

Page, who had previously been an informant and witness for the United States in a federal espionage case against a Russian intelligence official was targeted by the Obama FBI as a Russian spy helping Putin to steal the election from Hillary Clinton in 2016.

According to the IG report, before the FBI and DOJ went to the FISA Court to apply for a warrant to spy on Page, an unnamed U.S. intelligence agency had told the FBI that Carter Page had previously assisted that agency’s efforts against Russian spies. Although exculpatory information about potential spy targets is required in spy warrant applications, Obama’s FBI and DOJ deliberately withheld that information from the spy court in order to paint Page in the worst possible light.

IG Report: FBI Doctored Evidence To Paint Carter Page As Russian Spy
Carter Page IS a Russian asset. He admits it. LOL

However, the FBI's probable cause to investigate the Trump campaign didn't hinge on him.

But the question is, do you guys somehow think the FBI operates on the right hand of Jesus when investigating dems … or Richard jewell, or ruby ridge, or Waco...….. The FBI equally protects its ass first and foremost in everything it does. We learned that in Watergate.

It is beyond time for Americans to take back the government. Or elected elite think they are the leaders of our nation. I will refute that... From the Office of The President of the United States all the way down to locally elected dog catcher is an employee of ours. Regardless of political affiliation, they are our employees. Somewhere along the line in our history, politics has become a career field all its own and it never should have been. Yet here we are with Federal Office holders with 20, 30 and even longer in office. It should not be.
Bureaucrats in charge of unelected positions have way to much power and influence with regards to policy and regulations within the law producing environment. I have always believed in term limits for elected positions, I also believe those people in non-elected positions should be held to a timeframe... Someone smarter than me would have to determine what a bureaucrat's time in a job should be, but somewhere between 2 to 4 years seems adequate to me. No more lifetime appointments within the bureaucracy of our government.
All of the above is stated to lead me to a few points about the op.
Career, or at least career path bureaucrats made decisions within the initial investigation that had they gone before a reasonable court would have been thrown out on its proverbial ass before it had gained any traction whatsoever. 17 incidences of malfeasance and or misfeasance would be more than enough to hold local law enforcement ANYWHERE, accountable, and more than likely the case thrown out for those violations. Keep in mind mal/ misfeasance is going to be something more than a procedural process not followed.. There are violent criminals walking free because an investigator or DA messed up at some point in time. It's sad that we have violent criminals walking free in this day and age, but it happens.
Now, the investigation is over and folks have moved on from one investigation to another to another and it will come to pass as a big fat nothingness for those that want President Trump out of office. Maybe the political fallout gets them what they want, maybe it doesn't.. I won't know until November 2020. However, if we, as citizens were put under the processes the President of The United States has been the last few years then our country is lost, the constitution is nothing more than a sheet of paper with ideas on it... Due process is gone... Guilty until proven innocent is no way to live. Every breath he takes is an affront to the left... It's sad that political affiliation has become so personal to some, to the point that the rule of law has to be manipulated and bent to make a case against any one individual.
Carter Page, a low level candidate Trump supporter/worker was targeted and used as an opening for the FISA warrant, yet he hasn't been so much as investigated past that point... How, then do they move on from him to others in the campaign, and yet not one of them was convicted for what the initial investigation was for??? I will state, I hope no law enforcement ever looks into a family member of mine, I might be found guilty of not voting along party lines..

A wide-ranging investigation by the Department of Justice (DOJ) inspector general (IG) found that the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) deliberately doctored evidence it presented to the nation’s top spy court in order to gain authority to spy on a key Trump affiliate.

The 476-page report from Department of Justice Inspector General Michael Horowitz found that the FBI falsely claimed to the FISA Court not only that Carter Page was a Russian agent, but also falsely claimed that an unnamed intelligence agency had told the FBI that Page was “not a source” in their efforts to surveil and curtail Russian intelligence efforts.

Page, who had previously been an informant and witness for the United States in a federal espionage case against a Russian intelligence official was targeted by the Obama FBI as a Russian spy helping Putin to steal the election from Hillary Clinton in 2016.

According to the IG report, before the FBI and DOJ went to the FISA Court to apply for a warrant to spy on Page, an unnamed U.S. intelligence agency had told the FBI that Carter Page had previously assisted that agency’s efforts against Russian spies. Although exculpatory information about potential spy targets is required in spy warrant applications, Obama’s FBI and DOJ deliberately withheld that information from the spy court in order to paint Page in the worst possible light.

However, the FBI's probable cause to investigate the Trump campaign didn't hinge on him.

But the question is, do you guys somehow think the FBI operates on the right hand of Jesus when investigating dems … or Richard jewell, or ruby ridge, or Waco...….. The FBI equally protects its ass first and foremost in everything it does. We learned that in Watergate.
FBI Investigation of Dems? Like when they say crimes were committed but she really didn’t mean to so we won’t recommend prosecution?

FBI Investigation of Dems? Like when they say crimes were committed but she really didn’t mean to so we won’t recommend prosecution?
The FBI chooses when to and when not to operate by the rules and protocols set up for them. They have become a rogue criminal organization.

I've heard about one altered document, and it was a mistake.
You need to get your news from more than Daily Kos
LMAO!!

This from the idjit who's posting links to the federalist.
Guess you don’t know what imbedded hyperlinks are. Let me help you.

https://www.justice.gov/storage/120919-examination.pdf
No son, you wanna make assertions you give me page numbers at least. I'm not searching through 300 pages to find your points.
Department of Justice Inspector General Michael Horowitz listed them. Not my job to educate you.
He listed some mistakes, no lies as far as I know.

If you know different then prove it.

Gross exaggeration.

Try again.
gross exaggeration - you mean like "look into that" becomes HOLY HELL HE'S DIGGING UP DIRT ON BIDEN WE MUST PROSECUTE AND BYPASS ANY TRIALS!!!

that type of gross exaggeration?
No Son. I'm talking about one action.

You are referring to a months long crusade.

Nice try though.
no, son. i'm referring to out and out idiocy.

you should know that well.
Wilful ignorance is the worst kind.

You need to get your news from more than Daily Kos
LMAO!!

This from the idjit who's posting links to the federalist.
Guess you don’t know what imbedded hyperlinks are. Let me help you.

https://www.justice.gov/storage/120919-examination.pdf
No son, you wanna make assertions you give me page numbers at least. I'm not searching through 300 pages to find your points.
Department of Justice Inspector General Michael Horowitz listed them. Not my job to educate you.
He listed some mistakes, no lies as far as I know.

If you know different then prove it.
Watch the trials during campaign season.

Gross exaggeration.

Try again.
gross exaggeration - you mean like "look into that" becomes HOLY HELL HE'S DIGGING UP DIRT ON BIDEN WE MUST PROSECUTE AND BYPASS ANY TRIALS!!!

Nice try though.

Like Comey letting Hillary off from violating laws because she didn’t mean to?

The Justice Department needs to clean house at the FBI,
They have lost all their credibility and everything they do should be called into question. The are no responsible people left in that agency.

Gross exaggeration.

Try again.

Nice try though.

Well then cut it out.

Gross exaggeration.

Try again.

Nice try though.

Well then cut it out.
Keep diggin'.

Maybe if you dipshits read the report for yourselves, instead of just blindly parroting your hack propaganda outlets, you would have seen this:

Additionally, given the low threshold for
predication in the AG Guidelines and the DIOG, we
concluded that the FFG information, provided by a
government the United States Intelligence Community
(USIC) deems trustworthy, and describing a first-hand
account from an FFG employee of a conversation with
Papadopoulos, was sufficient to predicate the
investigation . This information provided the FBI with an
articulable factual basis that, if true, reasonably
indicated activity constituting either a federal crime or a
threat to national security, or both, may have occurred
or may be occurring.