Favourite TV Shows Growing up?

Any of the younger folks on here remember Pinwheel or Today's Special? Back in the day, Nickelodeon used to show Pinwheel (which was basically a British Sesame Street knockoff, from what I remember) for like four hours straight.

Some others I liked:

Full House
Just the Ten of Us
Saved By the Bell
Ninja Turtles
Dukes of Hazzard
The Adventures of Pete & Pete (that actually held up really well, I still watch it when I can catch it on Noggin, plus it was where I was first introduced to Michelle Trachtenburg;))
Count Duckula
Looney Tunes (esp. Road Runner/Wile E. Coyote)
Salute Your Shorts
Sharon, Lois, and Bram's Elephant Show

And there were a lot of shows on Nickelodeon that I can't really remember now. Something about these koala bears that would help this girl go on adventures and stuff. And this one about these gnomes. The Littlest Gnome, maybe? I didn't like that one as much as others. I wish I could remember stuff for school as well as I remember this sort of useless crap.

anybody watch penn and tellers bullshit show? i loved the one on peta when the had live chickens eating KFC and they were dressed in leather and fur coats

manu1959 said:
anybody watch penn and tellers bullshit show? i loved the one on peta when the had live chickens eating KFC and they were dressed in leather and fur coats

now that would be funny to see!

Penn & Teller are great!

Ever see the one about bottled water? Man, that's some funny stuff... behind a restaurant in NYC in an alley, they took the garden hose and filled up a bunch of different empty bottles with pristine names & labels on them and served them to different people in the restaurant.

Every bottle was better tasting than the last! "From the highest mountains in Italy!" "From Glacier Water in the Alps!" I really thought that was hilarious.

Dan said:
The Adventures of Pete & Pete (that actually held up really well, I still watch it when I can catch it on Noggin, plus it was where I was first introduced to Michelle Trachtenburg;))
Looney Tunes (esp. Road Runner/Wile E. Coyote)
Salute Your Shorts
Sharon, Lois, and Bram's Elephant Show

And there were a lot of shows on Nickelodeon that I can't really remember now. Something about these koala bears that would help this girl go on adventures and stuff. And this one about these gnomes. The Littlest Gnome, maybe? I didn't like that one as much as others. I wish I could remember stuff for school as well as I remember this sort of useless crap.

OMG, I remember the koala one! I also liked the gnome one.

I also liked and STILL like looney tunes, but I don't like that they refuse to show ones with speedy gonzales (apparently it offends mexicans :rolleyes: )...i liked Back in Action (also cuz Jeff Gordon :kiss2: is in it)

Salute Your Shorts was one of the greatest!

I remember seeing Sharon, Lois, and Bram a few times.

I used to watch the SBTB reruns, and my little brother had all Ninja Turtles stuff (they are coming back too-nothing like recycling old cartoons!)

"I Love Lucy" was just great! You can still watch that show on cable today.

On Channel 9 here they have a lot of reruns of the old western TV series. A particular favorite of mine was "Gunsmoke" with James Arness.

I remember the Banana Splits!
That was a good show.

My Faves:

Happy Days
Laverne&Shirley
All in the Family
Three's Company (I had friends who werent allowed to watch that one, because they were living in sin..LOL.)
Soap
The Great Space Coaster
The BabaPapas (Does any one remember this one...nobody I know does)
M.A.S.H.
The Brady Bunch

Shattered said:
Howdy Doody.

(Shush, you two!)

I remember watching that show when I was in Kindergarten at the babysitter's house. I think they were reruns. You aren't that much older than I am so they had to be reruns for you too.

Anybody watch Dr. Who episodes?

I used to love Dr. Who right after church, then right after Dr. Who was Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Fantastic stuff.

New Topics

Forum List

Back