Favourite FoodTV show?

I like the Naked Chef, Saras Secrets and 30 Minute MEals with Rachael Ray.

I enjoyed the Iron Chef - USA, except when Bobby Flay was on the show; for some reason, that guy bugs me.

No way, Bobby Flay's the man!

Y'know who bugs me? That Tyler guy that does Food 911. I can barely stand to watch him, not really sure why, though.

Anyway, Good Eats and 30 Minute Meals are my favorites, although that girl that's on in the afternoon that always does Italian stuff is quickly becoming my favorite (because she's hot).

Originally posted by Dan

Y'know who bugs me? That Tyler guy that does Food 911. I can barely stand to watch him, not really sure why, though.

Funny that you mention him as he is an acquaintance of mine. He is the former executive chef of a friend's restaurant in NYC named Cafeteria. Located in the Chelsea section of Manhattan(21st St. and 7th Ave. I think), they serve everything from Mac'n'Cheese to tuna tatare(sp?) 24 hrs a day and just opened another joint in Miami.

Anyway, I know Tyler through there and actually went to dinner at his house once-- a bangin' Pot Roast!!!

What about the show bothers you, the way he talks or something? He's a southern fried boy, North Cacalaca I think.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Yep, Emeril rocks! he kick's it up a notch!:D

Yeah, Emeril is pretty much the man in my book.
And Bobby Fley is G...
nevermind, that's too easy:p:

What about the show bothers you, the way he talks or something? He's a southern fried boy, North Cacalaca I think.
:eek: Whoops! Sorry bout that NYCFlasher, didn't mean to be trashing your boy on here!

I can't really describe what it is I don't like about him. He just comes across as being full of himself to me, and I know he probably doesn't to anyone else because I've mentioned it to my friends and they thought I was crazy. He does look like he can cook some good food, but he seems a little too proud of his own cooking for me.

Originally posted by Dan
:eek: Whoops! Sorry bout that NYCFlasher, didn't mean to be trashing your boy on here!

I can't really describe what it is I don't like about him. He just comes across as being full of himself to me, and I know he probably doesn't to anyone else because I've mentioned it to my friends and they thought I was crazy. He does look like he can cook some good food, but he seems a little too proud of his own cooking for me.

Ha-ha. It's all good. More of a friend than an aquaintance. He is a great cook though... if a bit of a pretty boy, lol. He probably is full of himself, but shit I might be too if I got paid mucho dinero to fly to people's houses and show them how to cook something besides TV dinners:D

Plus he gets some pretty hot chicks, which probably adds to his ego, lol.

Overall, though, a standup guy.

We named our son after Mr. Florence, of sorts. My wife has a soft spot for Tyler - frankly, his show is pretty good. :) He seems like a nice guy....anywho -

our boy is Ethan Tyler - because we liked the sound of the names together AND because Tyler Florence is doing pretty good for himself w/ that name.

:D

I used to watch emeril - he still does good stuff; but after the initial 'bam' wears off, I started to prefer other shows.

I'm a little sad Alton Brown didn't participate as a contestant in Iron Chef - USA.

:)

Originally posted by Dan

To me, that's a description of Bobby Flay. :)

RACHEL RAY IS HOT! I really truely believe she likes to party too and get freaky. If you ever watch her show, that one where she shows how to get 3 nice meals in different cities for under 40 bucks she's always making snide commemts about drinking and partying. DAMN she turns me on with that tight bod!

Originally posted by OCA
RACHEL RAY IS HOT! I really truely believe she likes to party too and get freaky. If you ever watch her show, that one where she shows how to get 3 nice meals in different cities for under 40 bucks she's always making snide commemts about drinking and partying. DAMN she turns me on with that tight bod!

I do not find her attractive - in a 'I wanna hump her' way. She seems like she'd be a neat neighbor, though.

Originally posted by -=d=-
I do not find her attractive - in a 'I wanna hump her' way. She seems like she'd be a neat neighbor, though.

There is an issue of Maxim with some provocative pics of her in it, I'll see if I can find it. I'm not sure with me if its her bod or her personality, I think that she'd be the type that could go toe to toe with ya at the bar doing shots, you know what I mean?

Has anybody ever eaten at one of these superchef's restauraunts? In Vegas I ate at Emeril's New Orleans Fish House and can't say that it was spectacular, good but not spectacular. Also ate at Bibo in Manhattan, Mario Vitali's joint, now that was spectacular. Him he seems a little weird but his cooking was out of this freakin world! Is he queer or married? I can never tell because of those damn orange clogs he wears on his show.

Originally posted by OCA
Has anybody ever eaten at one of these superchef's restauraunts? In Vegas I ate at Emeril's New Orleans Fish House and can't say that it was spectacular, good but not spectacular.

My wife took me to New Orleans for a surprise Christmas present a few years ago. Since I am a huge Emeril fan we ate at Emeril's in the warehouse district. I can honestly say it was one of the best meals I ever had. My wife bumped into him as she was coming out of the ladies room and told him about bringing me down for Christmas and what a fan I was. He came by the table and chatted for ten minutes or so. I got to ask him some questions about some of the recipes I cook from his cookbook. He could not have been nicer. I still have my autographed menu framed and hanging in my kitchen.

Originally posted by OCA
Has anybody ever eaten at one of these superchef's restauraunts? In Vegas I ate at Emeril's New Orleans Fish House and can't say that it was spectacular, good but not spectacular. Also ate at Bibo in Manhattan, Mario Vitali's joint, now that was spectacular. Him he seems a little weird but his cooking was out of this freakin world! Is he queer or married? I can never tell because of those damn orange clogs he wears on his show.

I assume him to be married as he often makes references to wife and children.

Forum List

Back