favorite zombie movie?

May was a surprise, way better than I thought it would be. A couple of truly shocking moments in there, too.

Sir Evil said:
City Of The Living Dead

Day Of The Living Dead

Return Of the Living Dead

Dawn Of The Dead

Night Of The Living Dead

All of the Zombi series by Lucio Fulci

Resident Evil I&II

28 Days Later

Oasis Of The Zombies

What Evil said !!! except for the Fulci series.. 28 days later was really good!! Very creeepily done!!

28 days later was really good!! Very creeepily done!!

Thank you! I think we're in the minority here, if I remember right, me, you, Sir Evil, and... Shattered, I think, were the only ones that liked it.

It's honestly one of the only movies in recent years to completely creep me out. I still have trouble watching that one shot in the mansion (you know which one... the one with the eyes).

Dan said:
May was a surprise, way better than I thought it would be. A couple of truly shocking moments in there, too.

creepy movie, more like frakenstien then zombie I guess, but great!!

Dan said:
Thank you! I think we're in the minority here, if I remember right, me, you, Sir Evil, and... Shattered, I think, were the only ones that liked it.

It's honestly one of the only movies in recent years to completely creep me out. I still have trouble watching that one shot in the mansion (you know which one... the one with the eyes).

I had seen the making of that one and It was interesting how they cleared the streets of downtown England, most of it was shot just before sunrise which gave the movie it's foggy deserted flavor. I think that's what was creepiest to me that whole" Andromeda Strain", "Night of the Comet" streets are deserted feel. I thought the chase scene through the tunnel was also scary.

28 Days Later
Dawn of the Dead
Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Two of the greatest Zombie movies of the 21st Century.

I love the idea, especially since I'm a helicopter Pilot.

//Survivalist at heart

The ideas behind the good zombie movies are really interesting as far as survivalism, etc. That's the problem with zombie movies: they only work when everyone takes it (mostly) seriously. But, nobody wants to make a zombie movie and have it be serious, y'know?

Dan said:
The ideas behind the good zombie movies are really interesting as far as survivalism, etc. That's the problem with zombie movies: they only work when everyone takes it (mostly) seriously. But, nobody wants to make a zombie movie and have it be serious, y'know?

I still feel somewhat secure at the idea that I have piloting skills, and own a WWII vintage Japanese Arisaka Type 99 rifle that I inherited from my Grandfather. Something about that combination lets me sleep well at night.

:sleep:...................................:terror:

:wtf: ..................... :terror:

:2guns: ............ :shocked:

:firing: ................................:crutch:

:cof:

Hah!

White Zombie

First Film to feature zombies and stayed relativly close to the original myths.

I still feel somewhat secure at the idea that I have piloting skills, and own a WWII vintage Japanese Arisaka Type 99 rifle that I inherited from my Grandfather. Something about that combination lets me sleep well at night.

I don't know what I'd do. I guess I'd have to pull a Shaun of the Dead and just pretend to be one of them.

"Don't say 'zombie'!"
"Why?"
"Because it's ridiculous!"

That's definitely how I'd act.

Comrade, if you like Shaun of the Dead, you might also like Dead Alive. It's another zombie comedy, made by Peter Jackson (yes, Lord of the Rings' Peter Jackson). It has a much more foreign feel to it than Shaun, if that makes sense. Anyway, it's from New Zealand, so everyone speaks English but just with a strong accent. It's really funny and honestly probably the goriest movie I've ever seen.

Note! If you do get it, make sure you get the UNRATED version! The R-rated version cuts out a good 8 minutes of gore that definitely takes away from the movie.

Or, if you really want to make the effort, I'd have to recommend the non-U.S. version, titled Braindead. It's even more uncut than the US unrated version. But, I hear it only adds about 2 minutes to the movie, nothing you can't part with.

But, yeah, if you like really low-brow zombie comedy and you're not squeamish at (almost entirely fake-looking) gore, check out Dead Alive.

I keep hearing about a show on HBO I think called "Dead Like Me" anyone heard of it or seen it?? It's a series.

Forum List

Back