Favorite weapon?

'K' thats cute...we were talking pitch and yaw etc...flight controls...part of aerodynamics... now I will concede as ya can't seem to grasp the debate and concede that you were wrong...so I will accept responsibility to end this...even though we both know I was right...lol:talk2:

Whatever,Arch.

My preferred weapon is an Emerson Combat Kerambit for its concealability and ease of deployment from a front pocket.

Favorite handgun: Berretta 90-Two .40 S&W

Favorite rifle: Remington Model 700 .270 glass bedded claro walnut stock.

Favorite shotgun: My Grandfather's Browning "Sweet 16"

My preferred weapon is an Emerson Combat Kerambit for its concealability and ease of deployment from a front pocket.

Favorite handgun: Berretta 90-Two .40 S&W

Favorite rifle: Remington Model 700 .270 glass bedded claro walnut stock.

: My Grandfather's Browning "Sweet 16"

Haven't heard that for years!:thup:

Had to have the butt-stock replaced as it had split from years of use. Don't use it or the rifle much as I don't hunt anymore. I work the pistol out at the shooting range on a regular basis though.

Same here. It’s become very difficult to find a place to hunt here unless you are a member of a club. Clubs have become a problem IMO, They have most of the hunting land tied up with an exclusive lease. What makes this a problem is most people can’t hunt anymore which has resulted in a deer population explosion and a reduction in hunting license sales. Deer vs car has increased most every year.
I’ll admit I have lost interest in deer hunting though, and don’t miss being wet and cold one bit. I’d love to find a place to quail hunt though.:thup:

Same here. It’s become very difficult to find a place to hunt here unless you are a member of a club. Clubs have become a problem IMO, They have most of the hunting land tied up with an exclusive lease. What makes this a problem is most people can’t hunt anymore which has resulted in a deer population explosion and a reduction in hunting license sales. Deer vs car has increased most every year.
I’ll admit I have lost interest in deer hunting though, and don’t miss being wet and cold one bit. I’d love to find a place to quail hunt though.:thup:

Same thing is happening here--you basically have to know someone to hunt and deer vs car is rising fast. Lots of work involved after killing one too. Birds are easier.

My favorite weapon is the rifle my husband's great, great great (etc.), grandfather used in the Revolutionary War. It hangs on my FIL's wall, appears to be about 70" long, complete with bayonet. He was only 14 when he joined the Massachusetts regiment. Just looking at that weapon makes you magine the courage that took. Honestly, I don't know how he even could wield such a long weapon.

I miss being out in the woods before dawn. I would sit on a ridge overlooking a flat and pine thicket the white-tails loved. Sometimes, it was just worth it to watch the sun come up. The occaisional buck for the freezer was just gravy.

I miss being out in the woods before dawn. I would sit on a ridge overlooking a flat and pine thicket the white-tails loved. Sometimes, it was just worth it to watch the sun come up. The occaisional buck for the freezer was just gravy.

I know exactly what you mean...I liked the total silence and stillness just before sunrise too.

Agreed---some of the most peaceful times in my life. In fact I may do it this year with a camera. As far as I know that's still legal.

Oh yes, very peaceful! There was a time in my life that I‘d venture into the woods for nothing more than the peace and tranquility that it provided. It’s good medicine if you listen. I have a love for nature that’s bone deep.

I'd like to know what everybody's favorite firearm is. I'll make it easy and separate by category.

revolver
automatic
rifle
shotgun
My choices:

revolver-Colt Python .357 mag
automatic- Kimber Custom TLE II
rifle- Remington 700 BDL custom, chambered in 30-06
shotgun- Remington 870 Wingmaster

These are my favorites. The only one I don't own is the Python.

revolver - shore barreled S&W model 66, .357 mag
automatic - Springfield .45
rifle - 45/70 Sharps
shotgun - 12 ga Winchester model 12 duck gun made in 1937

The Sharps is the only one I shoot in competition.

A Thompson 45cal(1941) with clip and drum(Just in case!)...and a S&W model 66 357mag...Thinking about getting a 500 mag revolver...it ouspeaks the 44mag ..a little expensive though!

At my age my S&W 44mag with a 6" barrel starts my rist hurting after about 18 to 24 rounds, so I will pass on the 500 mag.

Also, there is nothing I shoot that the 44mag will not handle.

Agreed---some of the most peaceful times in my life. In fact I may do it this year with a camera. As far as I know that's still legal.

Oh yes, very peaceful! There was a time in my life that I‘d venture into the woods for nothing more than the peace and tranquility that it provided. It’s good medicine if you listen. I have a love for nature that’s bone deep.

Ever notice how after about 20 to 30 minutes all the woodland criters seem to forget you are even there and go about their normal business?

It is also quite soothing to the soul, almost as much as a thousand miles of white line.

Revolver - my Ruger .357 KGP161

Auto - my Colt .45 1911

Rifle - Don't have a preference as of yet, though I will be looking and testing soon.

Shotgun - I like a stagecoach shotgun, hammered side by side. Sadly, I don't have one, yet.

I'd like to know what everybody's favorite firearm is. I'll make it easy and separate by category.

revolver
automatic
rifle
shotgun

My choices:

revolver- Colt Python .357 mag
automatic- Kimber Custom TLE II
rifle- Remington 700 BDL custom, chambered in 30-06
shotgun- Remington 870 Wingmaster

These are my favorites. The only one I don't own is the Python.

I prefer knives and bows ... just me. For sport, it's crossbow (mini), for anything else it's knives ... one long, two short, and at least 5 throwing.

... is it messed up that I like blades so much?

I'm a big fan of the Colt .45 (and two zig zags)
My father had a spanish made Llama .45 that wasnt too shabby.

I dont currently have my FOID card (2 weeks or so away, oh yeah!) so the .45s are being held by one o' my bros.

After I get my FOID, I'll be looking into rifles.

I'm a big fan of 12 guages when it comes to shotguns.

Same thing is happening here--you basically have to know someone to hunt and deer vs car is rising fast. Lots of work involved after killing one too. Birds are easier.

Hmmm.... Maybe you guys should come to Jersey....
New Jersey Public Hunting Land Available

Forum List

Back