Favorite weapon?

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
I'd like to know what everybody's favorite firearm is. I'll make it easy and separate by category.

revolver
automatic
rifle
shotgun

My choices:

revolver- Colt Python .357 mag
automatic- Kimber Custom TLE II
rifle- Remington 700 BDL custom, chambered in 30-06
shotgun- Remington 870 Wingmaster

These are my favorites. The only one I don't own is the Python.

My favourite weapon:
My mind.

My favorite firearm I guess would be:
H&K G3 (Caliber: 7,62x51 mm NATO / .308 Winchester)

Now what are you going to do with this information? :)

Edit:
I think weapons are tools. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't know enough about revolvers to have a favorite.

Fav pistol I've ever shot was an H&K .45.

Fav rifle so far has been the M-16.

Fav shotgun... I've actually never shot one, though I bought one a few months ago. It's a Remingtion 12 gauge.

The most fun thing I've ever shot, though, was a .50 cal muzzle loader. Freakin' awesome!

revolver Browning semi 22,
automatic near owned
rifle 7mm mauser...coyote hunting in Iowa
shotgun pistol grip 410 pump, fun lil thing but it still makes that universal click-click sound all languages know is a shell entering camber.
That said I believe that the most powerful WEAPON anyone has is their VOICE.

I'd like to know what everybody's favorite firearm is. I'll make it easy and separate by category.

revolver None
automatic Colt 45 or Beretta 9mm
rifle Barret M82 series
shotgun Any 12 gauge pump will do fine

My choices:

revolver- Colt Python .357 mag
automatic- Kimber Custom TLE II
rifle- Remington 700 BDL custom, chambered in 30-06
shotgun- Remington 870 Wingmaster

These are my favorites. The only one I don't own is the Python.

Cool thread

Okay, so explain your preference to the M1911A1, to include why you prefer .45 over 9mm.

I like the M1911A1 because it is an American made, powerful handgun, rich with history, what with WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and then some. That and it feels nice in my hand.

I prefer .45 over 9mm because of stopping power and, well, power in general. The only downside is that .45 rounds probably cost more than 9mm (I dont know, Im not old enough to buy bullets).

revolver
automatic
rifle
shotgun

Since the thread title is "weapon" I'll respond with that in mind.

I think a revolver is outdated as a weapon, ever since 1911.

Glock 27., chambered in .40 S&W. These have nearly the stopping power of a .45 but allow a smaller, lighter gun with less recoil, and therefore, accuracy. Two pre-frags in the magazine, followed by hollow points. The theory here is that te plastic pints won't (hopefully) go through a wall and kill on of your own, and after two rounds all hell must be breaking loose so go for the gold, so to speak. When I'm in the woods I loose the plastic and put in two more hollow points.

Rifle: not really a weapon for me, as I don't hunt. Kudos to those who do.

Shotgun: Mossberg short barrel 12 gauge. Cheap, and effective. Point at the noise and shoot.

Since the thread title is "weapon" I'll respond with that in mind.

That line got me to thinking. I have a real affinity towards non-firearm weapons. I used to make knives as a hobby. I also made a flail. Four inch round oak ball. Drilled thru and insert six inch sharpened spikes. Instead of chain I used quarter inch cable fastened to the ball and to the swivel of a junked set of nunchuks. Gave it to a friend as a gift. Once I break down and buy a house I can get tools out of storage. Next project will be a replica of the Klingon sword/staff seen on the tv show.

I like the M1911A1 because it is an American made, powerful handgun, rich with history, what with WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and then some. That and it feels nice in my hand.

Sentimentality is not sound reasoning for choosing a weapon designed solely for self-defense. That the design of the weapon is tried and true, and proven reliable would be a better reason. That it fits your hand IS an excellent reason.

I prefer .45 over 9mm because of stopping power and, well, power in general. The only downside is that .45 rounds probably cost more than 9mm (I dont know, Im not old enough to buy bullets).

Actually, because the 9mm is en vogue, it is nore expensive than .45 ACP. The stopping power debate has raged for years and years, with no real winner, and equally impressive stats to back up both sides of the argument.

My opinion is that the caliber needs to be correspondingly larger as the skill level diminishes.

Don't limit yourself though. Among others, I happen to own a Springfield Armory M1911-A1 that I customized as tuned myself before you could buy them that way out of the box. It is second as a favorite only to a Colt Model 1873 Single Action Army (Peacemaker) in .45 Long Colt. I also have a Browning P-35 (High Power) in 9mm and wouldn't hesitate to carry it.

Pretty-much, what you want to do with the weapon should dictate the choice of weapon itself.

Actually, because the 9mm is en vogue, it is nore expensive than .45 ACP. The stopping power debate has raged for years and years, with no real winner, and equally impressive stats to back up both sides of the argument.

My opinion is that the caliber needs to be correspondingly larger as the skill level diminishes.

Don't limit yourself though. Among others, I happen to own a Springfield Armory M1911-A1 that I customized as tuned myself before you could buy them that way out of the box. It is second as a favorite only to a Colt Model 1873 Single Action Army (Peacemaker) in .45 Long Colt. I also have a Browning P-35 (High Power) in 9mm and wouldn't hesitate to carry it.

Pretty-much, what you want to do with the weapon should dictate the choice of weapon itself.

Agreed---I got my cheap 9mm Ruger cause it's big, loud, scary and kills.

A Thompson 45cal(1941) with clip and drum(Just in case!)...and a S&W model 66 357mag...Thinking about getting a 500 mag revolver...it ouspeaks the 44mag ..a little expensive though!

I'd like to have a Glock 33.

unless momma says 'no way Jose'...lol...tis nice to be a old single guy..."FREEDOM"...When my budget allows I want to buy a M-14 Carbine and a 44-40 Custer era trapdoor carbine...I am old fashioned but love it!...and free from coersion...:tng:

unless momma says 'no way Jose'...lol...tis nice to be a old single guy..."FREEDOM"...When my budget allows I want to buy a M-14 Carbine and a 44-40 Custer era trapdoor carbine...I am old fashioned but love it!...and free from coersion...:tng:

When I was in ROTC we had M-14s, I'd love to own one.

Forum List

Back