Favorite Television Commercials -

Warrior102

Gold Member
May 22, 2011
One of my favs -

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy15VUWYHP8&feature=related]1973 Fury Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

This is so old I doubt I could find a video to post.

It was a TV spot for Jeno's, well know at the time for their Jeno's Pizza Rolls, frozen little hors d'oeuvre-sized things you warmed up in the oven and served. They were introducing a new product, Jeno's Egg Rolls. The spot started with a long shot of a table with several guys hovering around it, occasionally reaching for a tray on the table, picking something up and popping it in their mouths. They're all wearing what looked like long white lab coats. Then the camera shot starts to zoom in slowly and the voiceover says something like, "Nine out of ten doctors surveyed prefer Jeno's brand Egg Rolls over all other brands." Oh, okay, I thought, the white coats = doctors. Got it. And then I realized the "nine out of ten doctors" were all Asians, and the 10th guy was a Caucasian!

The brains behind the spot was a guy named Jerry Della Femina who had a reputation at the time for creating funny or wacky or otherwise bizarre ads.

Forum List

Back